Which floor mats should i buy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I didn't have much of a budget when it came to floormats so I got these. $30 and cut to fit. They cover nice and are thick enough to trap some dirt and liquid. Im happy with them.

Screenshot_20201020-124845_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I just got the thick rubber ones similar to those posted above from Walmart or Autozone or wherever (I forget, but they're pretty much all the same) and cut them to fit. No complaints 5 years later.

I just cut out a shape for the dead pedal and that's pretty much it.

Weathertech a do curl after time, I called them one day about it because we had the same issue on my mothers 4Runner. If you take a hair dryer to them, they’ll roll back to the original shape. Maybe once a year once they start curling if you’re picky.

Weathertech a do curl after time, I called them one day about it because we had the same issue on my mothers 4Runner. If you take a hair dryer to them, they’ll roll back to the original shape. Maybe once a year once they start curling if you’re picky.
And lay them in the sun on a hot day

I think the Weather Tech front mats are quite good, and I just use heavy duty Velcro on them to keep them in place. A little mild use of the heat gun on the edges about once a year gets the edges looking good again.

If you have the gray interior/carpet, I suggest going with the black WT mats. The WT gray is too light, IMHO, and looks wack. Can't go wrong with black.

For the second row, the Husky mat works great. Never moves, holds more water/mud at the edges.

That's what I run, and I like both a lot.

I think the Weather Tech front mats are quite good, and I just use heavy duty Velcro on them to keep them in place. A little mild use of the heat gun on the edges about once a year gets the edges looking good again.

If you have the gray interior/carpet, I suggest going with the black WT mats. The WT gray is too light, IMHO, and looks wack. Can't go wrong with black.

For the second row, the Husky mat works great. Never moves, holds more water/mud at the edges.

That's what I run, and I like both a lot.
Are you running the one piece on from Huskie in the rear? Or the two singles?

Here’s a few pics of the Tan in my LX. Fit is a 8.5/10. Just got them so we’ll see how they hold up over time.

I do notice dirt can get stuck, was tempted to buy the weather tech cleaner but didn’t want to spend the extra coin.
9B4DC99A-34A2-4C62-B66F-8B7F4C0935C5.jpeg
987AA8E9-1FD1-4F14-BBCA-C852132AAA2D.jpeg
BEA44598-E889-4FB8-B5FC-666CD5053363.jpeg

I've got the Huskys all around in the 80 and they are great. Have weathertechs in the 100 and have been a bit disappointed for the cost - Wife's heel put a hole in the mat, badges peeled off, stained. They aren't bad, but I'd go with something else besides WT if I had it all to do again.

I ordered Weather Tech and from the first day, they never really fit right in the driver side wheel well. They were too short and not wide enough so they moved a lot because I could never position them. It was downright dangerous as they would interfere with both the gas and brake pedals. I am not sure if they sent me the incorrect sizes or what happened. The rear floor mat and cargo mat were fantastic!

I recently ordered, the intro-tech hexomats from autoanything (Intro-Tech Automotive Hexomat Floor Mats - Rubber Truck & Car Floor Mats | AutoAnything) and the fit has been awesome. Not as nice as the Weather Tech but for $50, in my opinion, you cannot go wrong. If you are interested I can get some pictures tomorrow.

I ordered Weather Tech and from the first day, they never really fit right in the driver side wheel well. They were too short and not wide enough so they moved a lot because I could never position them. It was downright dangerous as they would interfere with both the gas and brake pedals. I am not sure if they sent me the incorrect sizes or what happened. The rear floor mat and cargo mat were fantastic!

I recently ordered, the intro-tech hexomats from autoanything (Intro-Tech Automotive Hexomat Floor Mats - Rubber Truck & Car Floor Mats | AutoAnything) and the fit has been awesome. Not as nice as the Weather Tech but for $50, in my opinion, you cannot go wrong. If you are interested I can get some pictures tomorrow.
Not sure how well those would work out, because they dont have any kind of lip around the sides to catch everything. Would be curious to hear how they work for you.

Not sure how well those would work out, because they dont have any kind of lip around the sides to catch everything. Would be curious to hear how they work for you.
I honestly have not had any issues with that yet. That was one of my concerns with them too. So far, with dirt, mud, rocks, and other grime, the mat has captured all of it really well because of all of the hexes. I will be interested to see how it holds up to winter slop...

Fingers-crossed they are as good in winter as they have been in the summer.

These are my cheap generic mats cut to fit (ish). For the $20 or whatever it was I spent, I'm a happy camper 5 years down the road.

20201020_141832.jpg

Has anybody tried these for holding your mat in place? Looks like it'd use the hole in the WT mats easily. I have a set on my desk that I ordered for another vehicle that I never used and am still deciding what to do with the new to me 80.

Amazon product ASIN B0719QWB7B

I really like my WT mats. I used a body panel plug/rivet (push-style) and punched a hole in the WT mat to match the factory carpet hole in the corner by the LF of the driver's seat. This really solidified the mat from moving and it keeps it set so the water drains out the DOOR instead of into the channel in the floor where your wiring harness is.

I posted pics and P/Ns in one of the other floor mat threads.

Are you running the one piece on from Huskie in the rear? Or the two singles?
I'm running the Husky one piece second row mat. It's great, my kids beat the hell out of it and it just stays solid - holds a ton of mud and sand and doesn't move. It's pretty stiff, and the plastic spikes on the bottom are really tough. So, it's hard to remove. But I almost never take it out, I just Shop-Vac it call it a day.

I'm running the Husky one piece second row mat. It's great, my kids beat the hell out of it and it just stays solid - holds a ton of mud and sand and doesn't move. It's pretty stiff, and the plastic spikes on the bottom are really tough. So, it's hard to remove. But I almost never take it out, I just Shop-Vac it call it a day.
From what I can find, Husky doesn’t sell a one piece set for the back seats. That’s what I was originally going to go with, but when I checked their site, it was just two singles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom