Builds "Great White" the Lx450 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Nice Rig! I just purchased one myself from Oregon and had it shipped up to me. Started to plan what I will be doing as well. So much to do so little time! Good luck with the build
Thank you! Couldn't be happier with mine. Little time?! There's lots. Just make sure to do lots of research! I got lots i want to do, but i knew the first thing i had to do was get an actual bumper on it.
Great looking LX ... what's the wheel and tire setup?
Thank you! They're Nitto G2s, 35x12.5R17LT. Sorry, dont know much about tire sizing so im copy and pasting what the tire says lol. Tires are brand new and came with it. After these are gone i want to try out Mud Terrains, also HAVE to change wheels. As after i have bought it, the wheels have grown on me, still not my favorite.
nice find!
Thank you!

I didn't see any leak coming from the rear hatch seal, but it was all beat up and had rips in it. So i decided to replace it anyways. Don't have a pic of after it was put on without giving away what i did next lol. Heres a picture from when I took the old one off and started to clean all the way around it, didn't realize how white my LX could be 😅 Did this on 12/26/2020

B2171822-685B-4552-BEAE-E79DF94AFA5A.jpeg

After I got that put in and did the final little touches on my sleep platform. But here she is! Fairly simple build/setup. Used 3 2x12", and about a 1" thick piece of plywood. Rough estimate of dimensions is about 42" x 56" x 17". My plan is when I fold the back seats down I can lay across with an air mattress and keep recovery gear below or anything. Wrapped it all with outdoor carpet for a cleaner/nicer look. Used the 3rd row seat clamps to use a strap to secure it down.

9DCE2BB6-F769-4172-B0C7-487B826A5835.jpeg

Before I bought this rig the PO took it to a place to put a new head unit in it to make it a little nicer. Long story short, it was a piece of crap and I hated it. So I picked up this nice Sony XAV-AX5000. I had to get something with CarPlay. Mom has a Rav4 and its just very convenient to have. When replacing the head unit in a LX i believe you have to bypass the OEM Amp so you cant use the harness that plugged into the old unit. Let me know if im wrong. Lucky for me they made their own harness and i just cut it and wired it for the new unit. Was my 1st radio install, went smooth. This was done on 1/9/2021

9DBB564C-1B48-4D87-AA4D-75B883B72CC8.jpeg

83773606-D9A0-416F-8A94-FCABC34E8362.jpeg

One of the first things I noticed about the rig was the windshield washers didn't spray. So I unplugged the connector to the pump and test to see if I was getting voltage, luckily I was and so that means it was a bad pump. While dumping all the old fluid out of the reservoir, it was gross. Stuff floating around and what not. Made sure to clean it out well. Put water in there to test to see if it worked. Yes and no. Pumped worked, could hear it working. Turned out the dirverter was shot so i ordered on of those up as well. Blew in the line to make sure it wasnt clogged, it was clear. Picture is old pump. Did this on 1/30/2021

BB207F65-758F-44E8-AE4A-B31A94416E65.jpeg

6A4DF556-54AE-4A6B-A1A6-D3E1F0D83866.jpeg

The 7-pin mod was already done to my LX when I got it. They relocated the alarm system down by the rear heater switch. They had a generic button to turn it on. It was bother because when I would look it at, I would sometime forget what it does. So I bought a CDL switch from Amayama. Like this MUCH better. Did this on 1/31/2021. Part #84725-60040 CDL Switch.

4733E845-1324-4501-A0B7-2DD17DA20C40.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally! I am all caught up on everything i've done since I got the rig. Will be posting everything I do from now on after I finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom