Which floor mats should i buy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

StaticTorque

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm looking to get some floor mats for my FZJ80. Wondering what everyone is running. My only things I want is something that can hold a lot of liquid, can be taken out to clean, and a one piece for the back seats. TIA will watch post closely

Get the weathertech but make sure you clean them every once in a while, I didn’t and now I can’t get the mud and gunk stains out of them
You guys w the WT mats what have you found to be the best way to hold the fronts in place?

You guys w the WT mats what have you found to be the best way to hold the fronts in place?

Hope! Haha. They don't actually move too much.

Ok, you got us. Don’t move a lot. I still haven’t installed the carpet hooks yet. Should be enough to keep em pretty straight since they are so well fitted and don’t move much anyway.

Weathertech is really the only good option as far as I know. Husky used to make good ones too but they have been discontinued.
That’s what my brother has. I can get some from there but they don’t have a one piece for the rear anymore. So that’s out of the question

I use a narrow strip of velcro that I attach to the driver seat hardware and thru a hole in corner of mat
Prevents mat creep and easy to remove at car wash

I have Weather Techs in my 80. I like them alright. They look good and fit pretty good. My biggest complaint is that over time they warp and the edges can curl and stick upwards/out. I could probably fix this by setting a weight or heavy box on top of the mat for a few days... My Mom has WT’s in her 100 and the rear mat is totally warped on the passenger-side edge – it sticks and lifts up off of the floor. So that’s definitely disappointing because WT’s aren’t cheap.

1B819449-296E-4E3F-9192-48EB09EC52CD.jpeg

Front ^

Rear
v

1B1DE717-287F-4DEB-B816-60F2F4B72E52.jpeg

22F87B48-4362-47FD-81C8-82AB2ABC4723.jpeg

My weathertech mats have folded in bad on the edge and fit like crap now. Not happy for as much as they cost.

My weathertech mats have folded in bad on the edge and fit like crap now. Not happy for as much as they cost.

mine too. they're nice mats but for as much as they cost I expected better. The fit isnt as "laser" as they say either. I use double sided Velcro to secure them and they don't move around too much.

If I was to do it again Id try one of the cheaper brands.

I was thinking of going weather tech but now not so much with these reports. What i really want is a molded viynl floor mat to replace the carpet but there doesn't look to be anyone that sells them for the 80 in North America.

I’ve been using 100series Catch-All Xremes made by Lund for almost a decade now. They fit well, and I like that the edge is thin and can be tucked under the sill. They came with anchors also.

0B758A55-AD39-4F8F-9CED-442CC18ACF01.jpeg
A00A538D-80D0-43B3-A064-D3B09EFE085B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom