Which Alternator - April 2020 Edition (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I made a quick video for identifying the big 3 (5) upgrade cables.

Also here is the alternator I have been running for 6 months with no issues, it's plug and play.

Thanks for the great video @TreatSmash... why did you put a 300 fuse between the Battery + and Alternator wire? Are you just trying to be very safe with it?

You dont happen to know the size of the alternator nut/bolt do you?

Thanks for the great video @TreatSmash... why did you put a 300 fuse between the Battery + and Alternator wire? Are you just trying to be very safe with it?

You dont happen to know the size of the alternator nut/bolt do you?
My electrician told me to basically. I had seen other people doing it on YouTube, so I asked him and he agreed. I don't have a better answer.

No idea on the size of the stud.

Hey guys what is the nut and/or bolt/stud size for the alternator? I assume all the alternators have same nut/bolt stud size? is it m8 or m6? The stud guy identified in red arrow....Also what is the nut size? 12mm iirc when I changed the alternator..

Basically I want to do the big 3 wire upgrade and want to figure out what size Lug I need to use...is it a 1/4 in or 5/16 in lug hole side for the alternator stud/bolt size

View attachment 3226182
If I recall correctly, M6 stud, nut for stud is 10mm and I used a 1/4 ring terminal for connection at the alternator. On the lugs, I'd recommend tinned copper and getting a few sets of 1/4 and 5/16 for the wire gauge. M8 size fits 5/16 hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom