where to find cheap lift kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Where can i find the cheapest lift kits for a 72 fj40. the cheapest i've seen is 650 for a skyjacker 4inch lift, is this as good a deal as i can get and do i have to get longer brake lines?

price sounds about right for the Skyjacker...there are other brands and lower prices out there, but the Skyjacker is a pretty well known and recommended brand.

Usually, longer brake lines are not required. If they are, there are p/n's in the Cruiser Facts link that can help.

Remember, "cheap" lifts and "lifts that work and ride decent" are two completely different items. :D

Ok here goes, everyone knows I am biased but:
The least expensive lift that is still good quality is the skyjacker. I paid $630 before tax at www.4wheelparts.com I bought it on a free shipping week. The lifts that the 4wheelparts retail stores sell are $20 cheaper, but do not include shocks. You can find the lift minus shocks for $560 at www.ntwonline.com. You must get a longer brake line for the rear, you can drive on the original, but it is pulled taut, the original front line is fine. I ordered up the Skyjacker rear line from the 4wheelparts retail store, ~$40. Worked fine other than its size is different for the banjo style mount on the frame. While you have it all apart you might want to look at upgrading to greasable shackles, I went all out and got anti-inversion greasables from SOR. Remember that you still need 8 more poly bushings for the shackle to frame connection. Go skyjacker, you will be happy with it.

The cheapest would be to get a used lift kit. I bought mine from a guy that went SOA and didn't want the extra height of the 4" Skyjackers. I picked them up for $200 and they were only 2 years old. Check out here and other Cruiser boards. Good luck!

cheap lift? least expensive I've seen is from Downey, $478 last time I checked.

i scored my skyjacker-4 for 499 from a guy in salt lake city.

i would look for people doing spring overs that are going back to stock springs and try to get theres.

that way they would be already broken in... very nice.

I went skyjacker a couple of months ago. Quite pleased. The great part of buying new is you get to break them in.... and you can tell the wife,

"ya.. I'm gonna have to hit the hills this morning 'cause these springs are a little stiff and I'd like them to be soft when I take you out."

You should be able to milk that excuse for several weeks.

I went skyjacker a couple of months ago. Quite pleased. The great part of buying new is you get to break them in.... and you can tell the wife,

"ya.. I'm gonna have to hit the hills this morning 'cause these springs are a little stiff and I'd like them to be soft when I take you out."

You should be able to milk that excuse for several weeks.

:D I definately used that one! I also promised that the ride would get better with time after we hit some short hops and almost busted a kidney.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom