Wheel Bearings on 2nd Gen 4runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. I'm new to the forum and four wheel drive mechanics. I recently bought a used '94 4runner with a 3VZE and A.D.D. I want to inspect and repack my wheel bearings. How do I do this? I've worked on front and rear wheel drive vehicles before. Do I have to open the ADD hub to do this?

Much to learn grasshoppa! :D Welcome to Mud! :flipoff2: You're in good company! :cheers:

The ADD system just has a drive flange, no real "locking hub" to speak of. Repacking the wheel bearings is pretty straight forward, pull the tire, take... Never mind, there's a 93 FSM linked in the FAQ thread... It'll tell you all you need to know. To get the inner bearing out of the "hub" (that's the whole spinning assembly up there) you'll have to pull the grease seal (and probably mess it up) so you'll need a new set of inner seals. Check the FAQ thread, I can't remember if there's a good link in there or not... If there's no link, take some pics and do a write up for us! :D Hehe

Much to learn grasshoppa! :D Welcome to Mud! :flipoff2: You're in good company! :cheers:

The ADD system just has a drive flange, no real "locking hub" to speak of. Repacking the wheel bearings is pretty straight forward, pull the tire, take... Never mind, there's a 93 FSM linked in the FAQ thread... It'll tell you all you need to know. To get the inner bearing out of the "hub" (that's the whole spinning assembly up there) you'll have to pull the grease seal (and probably mess it up) so you'll need a new set of inner seals. Check the FAQ thread, I can't remember if there's a good link in there or not... If there's no link, take some pics and do a write up for us! :D Hehe
What is a 93 FSM link? I already have the new inner seals. However, after looking at the manuals I was confused by the rebuild info on the Hubs. Can I slip the brake disk-hub unit off without taking the ADD cover off? Perhaps that's in the FAQ, but I haven't found it.

Sianara

Whatever, I'm not finding it easy to work my way through this website and find what I want, so I'm going elsewhere for now.

Last edited:
Waaaahhhh... tell me which button to push on my Playstation to fix my truck... waaaahhhhh...

Friggin impatient kids...

Directions for impatient newbs. :crybaby:

Step 1. Get in 4Runner
Step 2. Start engine
Step 3. Drive to nearest Toyota Dealer.
Step 4. Get out wallet
Step 5. Pay for someone else to do it cus if your that impatient asking for help you'll never be able to do it yourself.

I'm probably old enough to be your father.

They why are you behaving like a 12 year old?

I think it's time for Woody to drop the hammer on this dude... (post reported)

What is a 93 FSM link?

He was telling you that directions for what you asked for were already online and where to find them. He did this so we don't get 50,000 threads with the same information. If you are incapable of following these simple directions then refer to my previous post. If you're gonna act like this maybe pirate4x4.com is more your speed.

:ban:

If you're gonna act like this maybe pirate4x4.com is more your speed. :ban:

Ya, go to Pirate. They are real helpful over there.

The service manual is your friend. Getting step-by-step directions in a forum like this, for a job like this, is asking too much. The work you want to do occupies about 4 pages of the Factory Service Manual. :bang:

Hey, Douchebag, I'm probably old enough to be your father. No one comes here to read a lot of cr@p from arrogant @ssholes and creepy grease monkeys who don't answer questions directly. Futhermore, there's nothing in your FAQ that's either clear or pertinent. Actually, it isn't even a bona fide FAQ, but just a list of prior posts which will come up in any forum search. In fact your website looks like it was created by a pack of high school dropouts that never knew a woman (including their mother's).

Saved. :rolleyes:

Dude, I am new here too...

No reason to be a tool, no matter how old or how smart you think you are...

So many things are right under your nose out here...I find new stuff every day.

:popcorn:

Ya know, I visit Pirate4x4 almost as much as I do here. However, I have never posted or replied over there. Its crazy over there man. Great info on Pirate for sure, but I8Mud dudes are so much more willing to help and discuss whats going on. Just my 2.

I wish this was posted on pirate... Don`t like this kind of behavior here! :mad:

This is a nice place, its like being home with my mistress... :p:p:p

Now that is funny.

:lol: thats what I thot too. :D

i installed a new bearing from a cheap-pee parts house, and it was making noise. I was discussing it with this so called cult ( you may have heard of it) and yooper gave this reply to my poor choice of parts :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom