Wheel back spacing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been looking at wheels for my rig and everything out there seems to be 3-5/8 or more back spacing. I was told by poser that factory wheels are 3" what are you guys with aftermarket aluminum rims doing? I am leaning toards wheel spacers right now or 17" rims but that brings the price of rims and tires up about $600 to go to 17" vs 15"

I did a search and looked at numerous threads with no real help.

Tim

3.5" is what I told you.

I also said that if you were going to have custom steel wheels made, that you should look at getting them made to a 3.0" back space.

:beer:

hey poser, since this is a wheel thread you probly can help.

where can i have custom wheels made? are there styles available or just the wagon wheel?

know any companies who will do custom bead locks for me? i saw something on xtreme 4x4 a while back on their cj project there doing it they had MT classics turned into beadlocks by a company and can't find them for the life of me.

sorry for the hi-jack

You are right Steve.:frown: I will need to run a spacer then with 3-5/8 to get them away from the tie rod end or go to 17's. I did not find anybody that will make a custom back space unless i spend big $$$$$
:cheers:
Anybody have a problem with aluminum rims fitting there trucks?

Tim

how much were custom wheels?

the MT classics are like a 3 1/2" backspacing i think, the locks have a 3 5/8" backspacing. either way ill be needing spacers for my wheels.

Hi All:

Call Summit Racing. The can sell you simple steel wheels from like US Wheel or American Racing with custom backspacing for about $25 extra a wheel (so, like $65 each for the wheels.)

Or buy some MarlinCrawler wheel spacers, like I did! :D

Regards,

Alan

omg

you guys need to search

way to many options.

get 2.5 backspacing and be done. any place can order them for you.

search

there are like 5 bs threads a month i swear

omg

you guys need to search

way to many options.

get 2.5 backspacing and be done. any place can order them for you.

search

there are like 5 bs threads a month i swear

As my first post states I did a search and spent a hour reading threads. I cannot order the rims I want with custom backspacing or I would. They come 3-5/8 and that is it. If I wanted to run wagon wheels I would run the wheels that came with the truck.:bang:

i bought MT classics for my Fj-40 and the backspacing was 3.5 or 3.75" I choose to run 16" wheels so there was no chance of tierod or caliper interference. They fit beautifully and I'm very happy with them. My only regret was not running larger tires! I believe they are 285 r16's I wish I would have ordered 35ish size tires for a rubber overdrive and better offroading.

please don't comment on the steering stuff, this was how I got it, it's been long since replaced. Oh dear god was it scary first drive. worst scariest ride I've ever had in my life. that includes having a lockup on my old RD350!

The one pic should show the backspacing and tierod clearance. Not a good pic but these wheels do fit well.

If I were to do it over again I would have ordered steel 16" wheel with 35's but I still really like this combo
land cruiser old pics w windshield 009.jpg
100_0423.jpg
100_0424.jpg

U.S. WHEELS WILL CUSTOM MAKE ANY BACKSPACE YOU WANT. i JUST HAD A SET OF 16X10 2.5 BACKSPACE MADE UP FOR ME. THEY DO ALLOY ALSO. GOT THEM THROUGH SUMMIT. ORDERED THURSDAY SHIPPED TODAY. GOOD PRICE TOO. I'LL POST A PIC WHEN I GET THEM.

Also remember that with a lot of aluminum wheels you will need to change out the wheel studs to a longer one.

why you want alum? any steel wheel can be custome, alum not so much as its what you see is what you get,

thta mickey thompson wont let you custom order, but if you wanna run spacers or have you wheels under your truck, order away.

just just trying to help

the only thing you said was

"I have been looking at wheels for my rig and everything out there seems to be 3-5/8 or more back spacing."

which is not a true statement

anyway good luck :flipoff2:

I'm pretty sure I ordered these with a 3.75" back spacing, they are of course 16" I believe they are 10" wide. sorry I don't have any pics handy now. I would recommend using steel wheels if you wan't to wheel that thing hard. these wheels do look very nice IMO but won't hold up to rock rash as well as a steelie. I needed a little bling in my life at the time! I even fagged out and bought my spare on the same wheel! I don't care for beadlock look wheels. I would rather have the real thing.

Keep in mind too that the truck has about 6-8" of lift in that picture, the tires are I believe a 285 60 16 I can't recall but about 32.5" tall. I had to pull those damn lift shackles off as the thing handled worse the a horse cart with a broken down mule.

sorry for this noob like question but would 2.5" backspaceing move the stance outward more or bring it in narrower?

the smaller the number the further out from the center the wheel will get,

it would move it outward

i had a set made by stockon wheel in ca. They are factory enlarged to a 16x8. I would not recommend them it took almost 4 months and cost me $1000. I had 5 made and had them powder coated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom