???whats your 0---60 time??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

"???whats your 0---60 time???"

What... these trucks will do 60 ? :eek:

Have any of you messed around with timing of the fuel inj motors??? if so how did it react? Im givin the ol girl a tune-up tommarrow gonna try and knock off a few seconds.... maybe a tank of premium

Advancing the timing noticably helped with my 3FE. I did it by ear (advanced till it pinged, then backed off a touch). I don't think premium will give you any benefit, unless it is from a lower ethanol content.

So I tried to get my time and saw my gas guage move faster then the truck was going. That ended the attempt.

Have any of you messed around with timing of the fuel inj motors??? if so how did it react? Im givin the ol girl a tune-up tommarrow gonna try and knock off a few seconds.... maybe a tank of premium

Unless you have bumped the compression up a bit over stiock, you will not gin enough from premium to detect. Advancing timing beyond OEM will be beneficial. Somewhere between about 13-18 BTDC seems to work best usually.

Mark...

60-0 times and distance

I would rather have an excellent set of brakes to stop this rigs rather than how fast i get to 60. so maybe we should have a 60-0 times instead to find out how long will it take to stop our rigs in a panic stop.now lets find out what can your rig do.:D

John:popcorn:

Ran it today 10.1 :p 35's SOA and 4.10 and a 5.3

I would rather have an excellent set of brakes to stop this rigs rather than how fast i get to 60. so maybe we should have a 60-0 times instead to find out how long will it take to stop our rigs in a panic stop.now lets find out what can your rig do.:D

John:popcorn:

I tell you what mine stop great withV6 calipers and power slots rotors

I was joking about the premium, it takes so much effort to get going i dont want to stop it

at least you guys made me feel better. i thought it was just my 60 that accelerated like a snail.

This is probably the best thread I've read in a while! My truck is slow, but dammn I look good driving it! I'm too scared to floor it. I imagine my 0-60 is somewhere in the low 5s range. Conservatively of course.

I was using 93 octane just cause it has over 250K miles. I switched to 87 octane and haven't notice any change in performance or mileage. Just more money left over. Did they even have 93 octane in the 80s?

I could measure mine with a sundial.
mine takes 7 months 39 days but that is down hill with a tail wind. in 4lo snails pass me they just cant go where we do :D

This is probably the best thread I've read in a while! My truck is slow, but dammn I look good driving it! I'm too scared to floor it. I imagine my 0-60 is somewhere in the low 5s range. Conservatively of course.

I was using 93 octane just cause it has over 250K miles. I switched to 87 octane and haven't notice any change in performance or mileage. Just more money left over. Did they even have 93 octane in the 80s?
Exactly, if i was really concerned about speed I would be on another forum...But its drivin more more than wheeled... and holy sh*t 5 sec is fast. It was prolly like 97 octane in the 80s

8.5 secs..

Our local track has "Street Legals" every Friday in the summer, I took my HJ60 on 33's down there for fun one night. They wouldn't even pair me up with anyone, I'm pretty sure they were nodding their heads in shame as I scooted down the 1/4 mile.

I ran a few mid 28 second passes. I unbolted the exhaust at the downpipe and broke into the high 27's by the end of the night. To be fair I wasn't beating on the truck, I was shifting at 3000rpm, so I'm sure if I beat the piss out of her I could squeeze an easy 26 second pass. I don't know the 0-60 time, I lost the time slip, I meant to frame it.

My Corolla runs 12's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom