What’s the easiest way to level a 200 LC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
By “easiest” I suppose I mean quick and affordable.

I recognize I can do a full suspension lift and pay $8-$10k with wheels and tires.

I’m just trying to lift the front end to minimize rake, and fit larger tires/wheels. Getting a better approach angle doesn’t hurt either, but I’m not rock climbing...

I’m coming out of the pickup truck world, so spacer lifts are the answer there. For the LC, that doesn’t seem to be an option.

What say you guys? The experts...

OME 2” lift? ARB 1096?

will the strut spacer change ride and handling of the vehicle ? i would also like to do this but don’t want to mess up the comfort

You can install a strut spacer on these too. Super cheap. Same as the Tundra.

So are you saying the same struts that’ll fit a gen 2 Tundra will got a 200?

That would be awesome as I have a ready lift set in my garage.

2” is what yields the best results?

Toyota makes a factory spacer that will levle out the truck.
Search for it on here, there are several threads with the part number

70-80$ for the pair.
Cheapest easiest way to level the truck

Tundra spacers will work with some modification. The cruiser top hat ( the piece that holds the spring on top) is wider than the tundra .
To use tundra spacers you have to machine out the center section .

If you run stock springs with a 2" spacer, the truck gets squirrelly.
The stock springs and shocks are too soft to handle the extra sway.

Last edited:
The factory cruiser spacer only yields about 3/4" in the front. It comes on the truck in other countries. The dealer gets like $400 (plus parts) for the install including alignment. The install is pretty easy if you are wrenchy. So, it might be a good time to pick up a lifetime alignment from Firestone for about $200 then you could get it aligned every 5k miles to extend your tire life, not to mention every time you go offroading.

The factory cruiser spacer only yields about 3/4" in the front. It comes on the truck in other countries. The dealer gets like $400 (plus parts) for the install including alignment. The install is pretty easy if you are wrenchy. So, it might be a good time to pick up a lifetime alignment from Firestone for about $200 then you could get it aligned every 5k miles to extend your tire life, not to mention every time you go offroading.

Any photos of a 3/4” spacer installed?

How close to level? Or does it need closer to 2” for a true level?

It's a 10mm spacer, which yields approx. 20mm of lift in the front.

P/N: 4313660020

It's not exactly completely level but it's much much closer than stock. Also, it's by far the "quickest" and "easiest" and "most affordable." Next step is new shocks, struts, and springs. I always had OME suspensions on my 4Runners and was very happy with those. A 2" OME lift is $1k for parts. The spacers are roughly $80 in parts.

As others have said a pair of strut spacers gives you a 3/4" lift (20mm). They're about $75 for a pair. Toyota book rate is 3 hours of labor to install. I ran a set for a bit and I didn't find it made any difference in handling, but I did the strut spacers at the same time I changed to larger tires.

As others have said a pair of strut spacers gives you a 3/4" lift (20mm). They're about $75 for a pair. Toyota book rate is 3 hours of labor to install. I ran a set for a bit and I didn't find it made any difference in handling, but I did the strut spacers at the same time I changed to larger tires.

What size tires did you upgrade to?

My 2011 has the Toyota spacers.
As mentioned it didn't lift it much.
Also didn't seem to help clearance my stock 285/60/18 tires on +20 rims. Still have an occasional rub in reverse with the wheels turned.
IMG_3956.JPG

@NautiqueGuy - I recently went through exactly what you are trying to do. I ended up with the Toyota spacers, installed by me in my driveway. Took about 4 hours, but I think I could have it done in 2-3 hours now that I've done it once. After running them for a week with the OE tires, I could not tell any difference in handling. I have since switched to 275/70r18's on stock rims and have minimal rubbing on the sway bar only at full left turn lock.

IMG_0292.JPG

My spacers showed up the other day:

IMG_20180420_095215.jpg

$33.93 each from McGeorge Toyota (plus shipping). Gonna do this swap myself, trying to decide if I want to wait for my QuickJack to show up.

Did you remove the chrome strip off of the doors?

Was it glossy clear paint underneath?

The chrome strip started with 2013 model. His is 2011.

IMG_4650.JPG
Did you remove the chrome strip off of the doors?

Was it glossy clear paint underneath?

I didn't need to remove the chrome moldings on the 18.
2016-2018 chrome moldings do not interfere with the flairs the way a 2013-2015 moldings would. The 2011 also has door moldings most 08-11 did not have any door moldings, the optional Toyota body color molding on the 11 are still in place as well.

in

would using a spring compressor to compress springs and simply remove 4 upper bolts and install spacers be easier to
install the spacers

I don't think you'd have room to get the spring compressors on each side of the assembly.

I also don't think you'd be able to compress the springs enough to get them clear of the buckets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom