How is the market on 2021 LC 200 60k miles? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I agree with you about towing. But remember, AHC LX at HI setting is same as LC on stock suspension. So, if the GX550 keeps similar clearances as LC200 then you won’t miss AHC at all.
As to the clearance/angles comparison of the LC/LX. @TeCKis300 put that to rest for us. LC always wins on approach angle (damn that LX bumper!) but an LX in high will always win on front diff clearance and almost everywhere else (at least for the 2013-15 years).

Definitive guide to LC and LX approach, breakover, and other angles. There's some variation between model years. Here's my attempt to document these details as a reference. Please correct me if you find a source that helps clarifies any of these numbers.

View attachment 2205308

The LC250 is expected to be 30/25/30 on 33s

The GX550 is spec'd at 26/24/22 on 33s. Not as competitive as I'd have wished, but reportedly easier to mod than the LX (at least that's what they're advertising...

As to the clearance/angles comparison of the LC/LX. @TeCKis300 put that to rest for us. LC always wins on approach angle (damn that LX bumper!) but an LX in high will always win on front diff clearance and almost everywhere else (at least for the 2013-15 years).

The LC250 is expected to be 30/25/30 on 33s

The GX550 is spec'd at 26/24/22 on 33s. Not as competitive as I'd have wished, but reportedly easier to mod than the LX (at least that's what they're advertising...
Your first mistake is believing TeCKis300….

LC is either same or better in all clearance angles.

Partially true. Yes the rear diff is the limiting factor, but 8.9" is the factory claim with 285/50 R20 tires (~31.2") but mine was 8.6" measured. Wearing LT275/70R18 (33.2') BFGs I have about 9.75". This guy is running 285/75 R17, so he might be squeaking out 10" to the rear diff and 12.5" in the front center on high.

It remains to be seen, but the GX550 Overtrail coming stock with 33s makes me hopeful it will have more room than the LX/LC for larger tires. Having mpg, tow capacity, acceleration, etc also factory spec'd with 33s is also nice. Upsizing to 33" LTs on my 2013 LX cost me 10-15% performance penalty across the board without regearing.

Well and the GX550 wont have dumbass gearing like the <2016 LC200. The 3.33:1 1st gear is astonishingly tall, even my 6 speed F150 had a 4.17:1 1st and still ran 3.73's(and could be optioned with 4.10's) in the axles making its overall ratio quite a bit shorter.

The 10 speed I believe is 4.91:1 first gear so even with a taller axle ratio it should still pull well off the line and then the massive torque from the 3.4L should make even 35's feel pretty good. My 2014 F150 Ecoboost really didnt feel 315/70's. It had so much torque overhead that it could still climb most grades in 6th empty and could even pull my travel trailer in 6th at 70mph if the conditions were good.

Last edited:
Also, maybe I an in minority, but I do not think that the GX550 looks good. I actually hate the design.
For the GX 550, I don’t mind the front end, I actually prefer it over the LX 600, but the rear on the GX 550 is horrendous. The weird light separation between the tail lights just looks out of place, and then when you view the bumper from the side angle, it does not look very cohesive going into the body.

1708130551630.png

For the GX 550, I don’t mind the front end, I actually prefer it over the LX 600, but the rear on the GX 550 is horrendous. The weird light separation between the taillights just looks out of place, and then when you view the bumper from the side angle, it does not look very cohesive going into the body.

View attachment 3559623

At least it has somewhat of a painted bumper compared to the 250 complete lack of paint job on that.

1708130744996.png

If Toyota painted the bumper for an extra $10, these would actually look much better.

If I had to replace my LC. I would probably get the GX550 Overtrail. Main reasons: 8000lb tow rating, KDSS, Coil Springs, 18in rims. This is assuming I can't find 2 to 3 year old LC200, pretty soon that math is not going to work. Option number 2 would be Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro or SR5 4x4. I would not get the LC250, not enough two rating, or LX600 to much stuff I don't need.
As to original question in thread. The market is still crazy and good luck finding one.

At least it has somewhat of a painted bumper compared to the 250 complete lack of paint job on that.

View attachment 3559627

If Toyota painted the bumper for an extra $10, these would actually look much better.
They’ll probably offer it as an increased trim package in the future.

Besides, a naked bumper may benefit some people that use it hard off road.. I have some pretty good scrapes in the paint of mine.

If I absolutely had to replace my LC it would be for the LX750h Overtrail+ 3row in Nori Green. But since I doubt it will built in that configuration I’ll just keep my LC.

If I absolutely had to replace my LC it would be for the LX750h Overtrail+ 3row in Nori Green. But since I doubt it will built in that configuration I’ll just keep my LC.
What’s an LX750h?

What’s an LX750h?

It’s the Hybrid version of the LX600 rumored to be coming out soon with 480hp and 642 lb/ft of torque. The LX600 Overtrail is also rumored, and I would just want it all in one package including the 3rd row which is not available on the GX550 Overtrail.

It’s the Hybrid version of the LX600 rumored to be coming out soon with 480hp and 642 lb/ft of torque. The LX600 Overtrail is also rumored, and I would just want it all in one package including the 3rd row which is not available on the GX550 Overtrail.
Would love something like this too but it would have to be darn close to 120k. Really getting bonkers at that point.

With the top trim pricing announced on the 250 arriving at just over 76k and with the rig only getting 23 MPG (with a meager 17.9 gallon tank) that can only tow up to 6k lbs., my optimism for 200 series Land Cruisers holding their value shot way up.
So get GX550 with 9000 lbs of towing.

So get GX550 with 9000 lbs of towing.
The L badge comes with its own connotations.

If they fix the front end of the LX 600 to make the grill more like the GX 550 and fix the weird double screen center dash layout in the mid-cycle refresh, I may consider adding one to the fleet.

See…very good video of GX550:

Yeah, gotta love geeking out with Tinkerer’s Adventure!

Hard to compare this with the LC200 though. I couldn’t find diagonal total articulation numbers for a stock LC200. Anyone have them?

I am back in a 200 series after owning the LX600 for a year. Bottom line is the LX even in snow mode is not nearly as capable for me. Quote from my wife was the turning point, we live in CO with lots of snow and the LX vs the 200 series is night and day different. My wives quote was I don’t feel safe driving the LX in the snow and I have felt exactly what she is talking about. Getting back in the 200 series for me was great. Keep them as long as you can….

IMG_1876.jpeg

I am back in a 200 series after owning the LX600 for a year. Bottom line is the LX even in snow mode is not nearly as capable for me. Quote from my wife was the turning point, we live in CO with lots of snow and the LX vs the 200 series is night and day different. My wives quote was I don’t feel safe driving the LX in the snow and I have felt exactly what she is talking about. Getting back in the 200 series for me was great. Keep them as long as you can….

View attachment 3566452

IMG_9379.jpeg

View attachment 3566452
How would you characterize the difference? Braking? Cornering? Power delivery?

How would you characterize the difference? Braking? Cornering? Power delivery?
The LX is much more sporty and high tech. Cornering in the LX is way better than the 200 series. The weight of the 200 series and the steering feeling is way more solid. I had BFG AT tire on both vehicles and the 200 is a mich more solid feeling vehicle in my opinion. This is only my opinion, I am sure there are many people that will disagree with me, but in the mountains with 1-2 ft of snow the 200 is hands down better to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom