What's On The Grill Tonight? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was busy manning the registration tent, doing vehicle inspections and cooking a whole hog for ONSC's Logan's Run event this past weekend so I didn't really get any food pics, but I DID take enough time to cook bison dogs, elk burgers, leg of lamb and fire roasted peppers for the lucky few helping out. And tons of early morning ham and eggs.

Boss came home from the Pacific NW with fresh Koho.

Probably the best I've ever tasted. Cedar planked with mayo/pesto/spicey mustard...
Nikon 060.jpg
Nikon 062.jpg
Nikon 064.jpg

Review; (Costco product) A La Carte lamb shanks w/chianti sauce....

Stay away! Good thing I loaded the oven with Pot Pies as a backup.

I used up the remaining buttermilk I had by marinating boneless, skinless chicken breasts (butterflied) for the grill. The kicker was the OB's Irie Pepper Sauce I added to the mix. This is, so far, my hands down favorite way to use OB's. I saved one breast for the skillet and got great results there, too. This will be the method I use on fried chicken next time.

4 boneless, skinless breasts - butterflied
2 cups buttermilk
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp OB's Pepper Sauce
1/2 tbsp Sriracha

Mix marinade ingredients until salt and sugar dissolve. Add chicken. I soaked for 6 hours. Turn pieces every hour. I'd probably double the salt and sugar if only soaking for an hour. I went lighter on the OB's than most of you would but it still makes itself nicely known. Not sure if the Sriracha was necessary but it was already on the counter so I used it.

I talked this last week with someone who has relatives just south of you. Guess they are hunting for recipe's for all the snakes.

Another Costco find for those who like it warm. Goes great with pulled Tri-Tip.
Green Chili.jpg

It would appear that Splitshot and I have the same dishes, good taste perhaps?
20151018_181435.jpg

This is what is on our grill tonight:

20151018_181007.jpg

Tonight it's a pasta dish easy and for the seafood gurus, yummy...

Every summer the boss also comes home with 1/2 pound packets of Dungeness crab chunks.
Sauce pan;
Mix with 1 16oz jar of Ragu Alfredo, 2 6.5 oz cans of chopped clams with juice, Garlic and old bay to taste over linguine.
Salad and Texas toast.

Ebay my friend! We purchased a bunch of plates and mugs when we started running low.

Try this spud recipe.....
Chop up whatever you have on hand (our case golds and russets) soak and drain. Add 4 large cloves of minced garlic, one large minced onion, heaping tablespoon of Costco basil pesto, bit of evo and sprinkle with kosher salt.
Mix in bowl, wrap in foil and cook on the grill.
Spuds 001.jpg
Spuds 002.jpg

Ebay my friend! We purchased a bunch of plates and mugs when we started running low.
Yeah, we end every meal by throwing our plates and cups into the fireplace, too. Gets expensive, doesn't it?

Last edited:
View attachment 1210361 Trying to figure out something, so I resorted to this.

Best way to embrace a new dawn while on the water fishing all night, I remember those days.
Ours would be Colorado Coolaid and Spicy hot V-8 while floating around the boat.:cheers:

While I posted the pic later in the day, it took place at about 10:45 while I was trying to come up with an idea to throw on the grill.
The wife looked at me funny, cause it was not 12:00 yet, I told her that I just needed something to wash down my anti-depressants!
After 2 more I just said Phuck it, and ordered Pizza. Some of the best cooking I've done in awhile if I do say so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom