What's On The Grill Tonight? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's been a Great Spring here in the Pacific Northwest!!!

About to grill 20lbs of fajitas.

image.jpeg

Not technically "on the grill", but on the smoker is close enough. Pork butts baby!
2016-06-23 17.48.40.jpg

No pics, but avocado bacon burgers.

A night off AND at home!

Duck before. Cured in Prague Powder brine and sprinkled with Tony Cachere's, then topped with a little honey and honey crystals. I'll find a good use for the crystals yet, dammit!
IMG_5676.JPG

Duck after. Ignore the smoker pellet tube. Figured I'd try it in the EGG. It wouldn't even stay lit with the lid closed, even when I moved it directly into the draft, so I reverted back to apple wood chunks. It works great in the gas cooker, though. I use 2 of them when i do whole hogs on propane.
IMG_5683.JPG

Bison dogs, spiral sliced. A pretty damned healthy hot dog alternative!
IMG_5687.JPG

Obligatory summer corn. Grilled in the husks this time. Two of them went a little long.
IMG_5688.JPG

It's been a terrible year for cooking so far. I'm either not home or the wife is gone or it's raining or the pantry staples are too inviting or I just don't care or we're eating out somewhere.

THE WIFE AND KIDS ARE GONE!! WHATEVER WILL I DO???

2016-07-20 19.04.08.jpg

Bird/bug eaten salvage just went in the dutch oven. Easy peasy peach cobbler recipe, wish me luck..

Oh, and ribs on the smoker.

Brunch today...nothing better than baking over oak lump in the incredibly versatile Komodo Kamado. Made lots of souffles over the years but this was the first one outside. Will do it this way again.

FullSizeRender (5).jpg

FullSizeRender (6).jpg

Brunch today...nothing better than baking over oak lump in the incredibly versatile Komodo Kamado. Made lots of souffles over the years but this was the first one outside. Will do it this way again.

View attachment 1299424
View attachment 1299425

More details on this Dan. Basic souffle or cheese? spinach? cook time at what temp. Gotta try this one.

Good job!

J

^ @reevesci Sautéed spinach, sautéed yellow crooked neck squash dice, mushroom duxelles, cheese (monterey jack, smoky blue and goat feta) with the standard 4 yolk + 5 white classic souffle mix up. Baked at 425ºF on the KK over oak & coco-char lump (clean burning, very little smoke) for about 35-minutes.

The key for getting good lift during and immediately after baking is to be sure the bowl and beater you use for whipping the egg whites is spotlessly clean of any fats; whites at room temp too. I thoroughly clean the town & beater then rinse with liberal dose of white vinegar, leaving a thick film of vinegar that acts as a substitute for cream of tartar. And don't take the whipped whites past soft peak or the souffle will crash as soon as you remove it from the oven...and won't typically rise as much.

I make many different kinds of savory and sweet souffles and one of my favorite is inspired by all things rellenos: Sharp cheddar cheese/aged jack and a dice of roasted & peeled poblano & New Mex green peppers...yes sir this gets it done for me :)

Then there's lump crab and brie/triple cream + a little something sharper like gorgonzola...

Lamb chops are on sale...
Drizzling red or gold potatoes with this has become one of our favorites, more infused choices on their website.
006.JPG

I forgot how delicious lamb can be and how the smell can drive the pooches out of their freeking minds.:eek:

No pictures but we did carne asada from Centro Market in Carson City NV.
If you want to load up on some great Mexican meat products en-route to Rubicon or Great Basin etc. Centro is the place. The Pico De Gallo and Guacamole from the deli side were also delish.

Centro Market | Facebook

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom