Whats everyone using for upgraded sway bars now? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Want to negotiate a group buy?

I'd be totally fine with doing that assuming it's not going to land me in trouble with the powers that be here as I'm not a vendor, I've known and had a working relationship with the guy that runs SuperPro USA for nearly 15 years now and he's a really good guy so I'm glad I stumbled on this thread as I hadn't chatted with him in ages!

I’m interested if Andyauto doesn’t come through with my TJM, which seems unlikely.

I'd be totally fine with doing that assuming it's not going to land me in trouble with the powers that be here as I'm not a vendor, I've known and had a working relationship with the guy that runs SuperPro USA for nearly 15 years now and he's a really good guy so I'm glad I stumbled on this thread as I hadn't chatted with him in ages!

Not a problem Group buys start at the link below

Group Buys

I've been waiting on Andy's for my TJM bar since Jan. All a dude wants is a swaybar, but literally no options available. I tried getting the Blackhawk bar as well, with a long lag time. Not surprised though as i'd be on a slinky suspension now if that was ever in stock.

Well here's a update regarding lead times on the SuperPro bars, None of the US distributors have them in stock and neither does SuperPro USA. Apparently the bars are pretty much made to order in Aus and as such the soonest anyone would be able to have one in their hands if they ordered one would be 4 weeks. The 4 week lead time is assuming the bars where DHL air freighted into the US as if the orders where put on the regular once a month stocking order from SuperPro USA to Aus the lead time would be 120 days.

SuperPro USA is working the numbers for me currently on the air freight option with a view of seeing how much of that additional cost they can absorb obviously this is assuming folks are ok with the 4 week lead time on that option.

Would folks be interested in this?

Well here's a update regarding lead times on the SuperPro bars, None of the US distributors have them in stock and neither does SuperPro USA. Apparently the bars are pretty much made to order in Aus and as such the soonest anyone would be able to have one in their hands if they ordered one would be 4 weeks. The 4 week lead time is assuming the bars where DHL air freighted into the US as if the orders where put on the regular once a month stocking order from SuperPro USA to Aus the lead time would be 120 days.

SuperPro USA is working the numbers for me currently on the air freight option with a view of seeing how much of that additional cost they can absorb obviously this is assuming folks are ok with the 4 week lead time on that option.

Depending on pricing and all, yes still interested. There are just not a lot of options out there right now, so four weeks is no big deal.

Haven’t heard back from Andysautosports on a TJM bar.

Not sure if it has been discussed earlier in the thread but with a heavier sway bar in the rear, heavy rear springs pushing weight forward, with either the stock or no sway bar will give you more oversteer. With a top-heavy rig, this is something to be wary about.

This is how I ran my Civic when I was racing road courses. I loved that oversteer made the fact I didn't have power steering, not an issue.

My setup was a Civic Type R rear swap bar, no front sway bar, the car sat like a stink bug too to give me more oversteer and push the weight forward.

Here is a picture for reference:

Last edited:
Not sure if it has been discussed earlier in the thread but with a heavier sway bar in the rear, heavy rear springs pushing weight forward, with either the stock or no sway bar will give you more oversteer. With a top-heavy rig, this is something to be wary about.

This is how I ran my Civic when I was racing road courses. I loved that oversteer made the fact I didn't have power steering, not an issue.

My setup was a Civic Type R rear swap bar, no front sway bar, the car sat like a stink bug too to give me more oversteer and push the weight forward.

Here is a picture for reference:
View attachment 1938932

There's a huge difference in determining handling characteristics using a relatively nose heavy front wheel drive application versus an all round heavy either AWD or RWD (for those Part Timers amongst us) 80 series.

There's a huge difference in determining handling characteristics using a relatively nose heavy front wheel drive application versus an all round heavy either AWD or RWD (for those Part Timers amongst us) 80 series.

Some things are not worth arguing about, even for me. :grinpimp: For me Whiteline claims 104% increase in torsion increase and received 104% better driving 80.

I know Scott and hes a good guy but I cant see how a Civic in anyway can be related to a Land Cruiser

Not saying you are wrong but I am running without the front sway bar currently with the factory sway bar in the rear. After installing the @Delta VS panhard bracket which centered my rear axle I am experiencing more oversteer. I am sure when I get the front sway bar drop brackets it will be more neutral handling.

To clarify a little I'm not arguing about anything I'm simply stating that while the physics of how suspension generally works applies to both a small lightweight track day type car and also to a heavy pig using them for comparison sakes is near the essence of apples and oranges :)

It's only natural that with no bar in the front but one remaining in the rear to feel more oversteer, essentially your running the wrong spring rates for your vehicle at this point while in an in turn situation given the car came with a front sway bar it was in design the effective spring rate would be raised when turning as the body roll by design with a sway bar raises your effective spring rate. Removing it from the front gives the front less rate than it was designed for as the body pitches while the rear is working as intended thus creating more oversteer than when running a front bar.

I've been waiting on Andy's for my TJM bar since Jan. All a dude wants is a swaybar, but literally no options available. I tried getting the Blackhawk bar as well, with a long lag time. Not surprised though as i'd be on a slinky suspension now if that was ever in stock.
get on the back order list. Otherwise a bunch of the next shipment gets used up filling those orders and you’re constantly chasing stock until they get more.

I won’t argue that it would be better if they were just able to keep it all stocked.

Many thanks for the ground work. I am interested even if a longer ocean freight option is chosen.

I now have both Whiteline bars and ran the AZBDR trail over the last few days. The 80 handled way better on trails and trail speed increased considerably. Of course, hwy manner and mountain road manners improved by leaps and bounds. I already have sway bar QDs up front so now it's a must on technical trails. The phat body was totally in check and we didn't get pitched around like a mofo as before. So, this leads me to want to get some Timbren bump stops on the account of my newly acquired "Baja" style of driving 🤣

I have a Columbus Variant RTT up top on three Thule load bars.

Last edited:
I am thinking of building a currie setup. I love bolt in but damn i hate the location. I can fab and have installed a sway bar on a linked truck before. Hell, i even HAD half the parts to do it, some blingy billet aluminum arms, but ain’t got a clue where they went!!!!

As I figure, i would need the farther inside hole on their biggest bar. I priced out speedway engineering and their bar is more than the damn currie kit! Wtf?!?! I know its a custom torsion, but damn, 550 is steep. I kinda want to delete my front bar, get a rear to do all the work. I know its not the same as front and rear, but I’ve been driving for 6 months with no bar, towing is sketchy though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom