What's a RHD (not an HZJ72) worth? Already imported (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

from mud member @lam hoang

ae0d13af-ccd9-46c1-a367-2bd8142e363d-jpeg.1943843

but I have no idea if they make this a soft top or not.

LJ72L-KR is the soft top model according to partsouq. Probably as rare as hens teeth.

Hey, a friend of mine has a right hand drive, [not an HJZ72, short wheelbase, 2 door, fiberglass removable top behind the doors, will get pictures of it and VIN plate to figure out what it is], not sure of year. Imported about 10 years ago. Needs a little work, but runs and drives. WIll get pictures of current condition. He knows so little about the current market, need a little help figuring out what is a fair price for him and a buyer. I know without pictures this is pure speculation, but I'd be grateful for the advice of you guys that are better snapped in to this market.

Thanks,

Luke

I’m going to double down again with you saying removable fiberglass top, that makes it a mid wheel base which is the 73/74 series.

BJ73 - 3B diesel
BJ74 - 13BT turbo diesel
LJ73 - 2LT 2LTE turbo diesel
HZJ73 1HZ 6cylinder diesel
Hzj74 - nope too new to import

I’m guessing the top 3 as I believe the HZJ73 would have been too new to import 10 years ago.

That’s my WAG.

I’m guessing the top 3 as I believe the HZJ73 would have been too new to import 10 years ago.

That’s my WAG.

Agreed. 1985-87, if legally imported.

Waiting on pics. Will post them as soon as I have them.

I thought from my conversation with my friend that pictures would be more forthcoming. This is annoying to me too

I'm told that pictures will be forthcoming. Stay tuned.

Is your friend @Iamme1
No. The owner has had this truck for approximately 8 years. He's now mostly retired and doesn't have the interest to track down parts and keep it going. It really needs to find a new home with someone who would appreciate it.

No. The owner has had this truck for approximately 8 years. He's now mostly retired and doesn't have the interest to track down parts and keep it going. It really needs to find a new home with someone who would appreciate it.
Errr, well... if he just wants to get rid of it, and doesn't even want to go take pictures of it...

I will give him $500 for it, sight unseen. 😃

Hey! Can't blame a guy for trying right?

Errr, well... if he just wants to get rid of it, and doesn't even want to go take pictures of it...

I will give him $500 for it, sight unseen. 😃

Hey! Can't blame a guy for trying right?
I haven't seen it in years, but it is running, driving, titled and plated. I have to think it's worth a good bit more than $500. But, it was a nice try.

I haven't seen it in years, but it is running, driving, titled and plated. I have to think it's worth a good bit more than $500. But, it was a nice try.
Yeah, I hear you. It was primarily tongue-in-cheek. Though to be honest, my middle son, whom seems to take after me the most as far as personality and motivations/hobbies/interests (God help him) would love the opportunity to wrench and restore a land cruiser of his own. Unfortunately pretty much everything out there is out of budget for him now that it has become a cult. Hopefully I can find something for him... good luck with your endeavors to help your busy/unmotivated friend... lol. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom