Whatcha think? 1974 FJ40 for sale need opinions!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just put the above '74 mostly back together. (always pending a few details, right?)

I guess yours is titled as a '74 built in '73. Most '74s have the (arguably) more desirable 4 speed transmission. There are some other cool unique things to a '74 that truck is missing. It would be a shame to have the year but not the gear, so to speak.

My truck was in similar if not a little better condition than that one (cheaper, but that was also 5 years ago). I have spent a lot of money on it. If I had shopped around longer, I could have picked something up that needed little or no work and saved $10k easy. In the beginning I wasn't planning to do much to it besides drive it. 5 years and $5k over-budget later and I'm back in the saddle. It's like a sick dog. If it's not YOUR dog, the amount you would be willing to spend at the Vet goes down. On YOUR dog, you are asking if his little Satan's spawn Chihuahua body would accept a human kidney and if you are a match.

Do what you will. I would NOT spend that much on THAT truck, knowing now what I didn't then.
right there with you, I'm not that ambitious, at least not yet, the hunt continues...

dmac3317 Dmac3317
Did yo see this?
Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 11.26.43 AM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom