What would YOU do? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kev60

TLCA Member:23722
Threads
Okay I am new to the whole MUD forum and have been loving all of the forums! I wish I would have known of it when I first bought my 60! Well anyway I will give you guys some background first. I bought my first fj60 when I was 16 for my first car and have been a Landcruiser guy ever since then! I have done some mods to it (like dropped a small black chevy 350 in it and the rest is mostly interior and other odds and ends), but have not even done half of the things that I want to do ( like most people on here). Now for the questions…. A couple weeks ago I bought another landcruiser because it was a very good price and came with a bad ass ARB bumper that my other landcruiser just had to have. I took all the parts that I needed for my landcruiser like interior and other nice parts and I'm slowly putting it back together. The question is do I keep both and build the beat up landcruiser into a offroading beast that I don't care about beating up orrrrrr sell it and buy more parts for my other landcruiser. The white landcruiser is really beat up on the outside ( I don't think there is a straight piece of metal on it) and it has a problem with the reverse but who needs that. The engine runs really well and the interior is in decent shape with all of the switches and gauges working. The main problem with keeping it is I am a college student and do not have a good garage to work on it or to keep it in. But I am sure I can find a away to do it! Sooo let me know what you guys think and give me some encouragement to keep her or some reasoning not too! Any advice for either one of them would be great too! I will post some photos of both of them tomorrow I am having trouble uploading them!

pictures man... what he said^ take what you need, sale the second one and you got a great deal on parts

College student....sell it and focus efforts on rig #1 and school...in that order.
As a college student with two Toyota's.... I agree...

Just DON'T LOSE MOTIVATION!! If you take on too much at once, your cruiser will work it's way down your priority list. (I know, sound impossible, but it happens... Happened/is happening to me...)

yup. best thing about having a cruiser in college is having a cruiser. the worst thing is when it surprises you during finals, right after paying rent, etc...

I would go skiing.

Feed the obsession and post pics.

If you don't have much money in it or don't need the money back out of it, and you have a place to keep it, whether it be outside under a tarp or whatever, Id just keep it as-is for now. The value of the parts is just going up and you may need more off of it in the future. I wouldn't spend the time trying to build it, sell it or part it out. Just keep it if you can and let it appreciate. One day down the road after you've finished school, you can decide what to do with it. Thats what I would do.

Definitely don't build a trail truck while you are in college. Keep both trucks, have them both running, that way when one breaks (yes it does happen, trust me) you can drive the other one and still be the coolest kid on the block.

The reverse not working on the "new" truck is not a good sign, the transmission has three shafts in it. Main, counter-shaft, and the reverse gear rides on it's own. I bet it has some miles on it with not enough fluid changes. That's what killed my 4 speed if I had to guess.

Let's see some pictures of both trucks and we will give you much better advice, promise :D

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Well thanks for the advice guys, I am leaning towards selling it. Between college and all the work I want to do to my tan cruiser it does seem like too much to build another one on the side! So I believe the plan is to try to sell it but if I don't get the right price for it I can find some place to store it for the time being! Here are some pics of both of them! Thanks for the advice!

image.jpeg

How many miles on white?

Nice passenger mirror. Smart move is to get a bit o money set aside for any , what if? , repairs and improvements.
Are you in Bozo or Missoula?

I see you haven't been properly welcomed... :flipoff2:

Last edited:
The way I see it few extra years down the road and you might be want to jump in to an 80 series .. then keeping an extra rig for " parts " or future build for nothing .?

Thanks I wish the mirrors matched on the white one! And it has around 250,000. Actually I am in Billings. Yeah that is a good point I would not mind owning other ones like a 40 or 80 series. But of course that would be a couple of years from now!

Sell it for gas money. I have owned two land cruisers at the same time and one will always get neglected. Better to let it go to a good home unless you have a specific need for it.

You aren't going to get much of anything for it, so keep it for parts. Parent's front yard might be a stretch. Be kind and throw it out back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom