What wheels are these? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lancruza

It's time to get busy livin.
Threads
FJ40-softtop-complete-kit_72c4f92f-4a11-49b3-930d-13f3bc077649_1024x1024.jpg

OEM 15” split rims (with lock ring)

Pretty sure split rims are 16"

Yea they look like 16 inch split rims. I had some on mine but I swapped them out for OEM 15s on my 45. A lot safer to have USA 15s, especially when changing the tires. The 16s aren’t bad but I think it’s worth changing them out for city racers for a 16 inch rim, or OEM for a 15 inch rim.

As a collector/restorer of heavy trucks for 49 years now, I say the best way to know if they are OEM Toyota is that drop down section on the ring. What I mean is there are various 'multi-piece wheels' out there but the design of the outer ring on a toyota is FAR superior to Anything else I have seen. A cross section of this ring shows an 'L' shape. As the tire airs up, the bead rises onto this shoulder making it virtually impossible to blow off. Some 'split rims' are very dangerous and have been outlawed since the 70s. Another thing is it is very uncommon to see any 16" multi piece wheel with six lugs other than this toyota wheel. Most of the cruisers I have owned have had their 15" one piece wheels swapped to 16" splits after I made a run to British Columbia to a wrecking yard to prrchase them. I always do the tire mounting myself, they are easy. Taking old ones off, not always easy. I still like them and would use any good ones I come up with. BC is big road salt country, so they aten't always useable.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom