What tie rod for 40 axle with large pattern knuckles? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I realize alot of people use shims and the 40 rod but I want to use 60 series joints for the added strength since I also have a 60 steering box. If I remember correctly many years ago I read there is a factory tie rod that can be used with this application. Cant seem to find the thread. Does anyone know what it is with certainty? Perhaps a 70 series unit?

Obviously I realize one can be made but, I'm looking for a simpler solution here.

Bump

I’d look at 79+ that came with the large pattern knuckles. Can’t tell you for sure… I’ve got small pattern’76 knuckles with stock TREs.

I realize alot of people use shims and the 40 rod but I want to use 60 series joints for the added strength since I also have a 60 steering box. If I remember correctly many years ago I read there is a factory tie rod that can be used with this application. Cant seem to find the thread. Does anyone know what it is with certainty? Perhaps a 70 series unit?

Obviously I realize one can be made but, I'm looking for a simpler solution here.
It’s a 70 series, Cruiser Outfitters should stock them. I pieced together the TRE without the spot for the steering stabilizer for my LM7 build. Messed around on Rock auto and got the correct size taper and thread from 60 and 80 parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom