What is this part? 3fe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was working out my vacuum hoses and trying to put everything in the right places, since the cruiser ran like crap. Found a hose missing off the 3 from the intake and then the egr was missing a hose. I got everything lined up and then this part appeared behind my air.....barrel?
Question is what is it and where is the hose on the engine side supposed to go? Its not in the vacuum diagram

20231106_193314.jpg

@tegucruiser : It's not clear what part you're pointing at (can you post up another photo showing exactly what you're looking at ?), but @jonheld should know.

Last edited:
There's two check valves in that general area. One has three hoses that connect to it, one has two. The air barrel is the air filter housing.

There's a vac diagram... maybe it helps.

It has a hose that comes from the fire wall and then another hose that exits the other side of it. It is bolted to the back of the air box. Its also not in any of the vacuum diagrams, thanks though

20231107_081624.jpg

20231107_081649.jpg

20231107_081659.jpg

20231107_081715.jpg

20231107_081722.jpg

There is supposed to be a breather from the firewall to one of the breather ports on the distributor cap. The opposite port on the cap should run to the intake. This is to help eliminate condensation inside the distributor housing. The dissy needs to vent or the internals will corrode over time.

There is supposed to be a breather from the firewall to one of the breather ports on the distributor cap. The opposite port on the cap should run to the intake. This is to help eliminate condensation inside the distributor housing. The dissy needs to vent or the internals will corrode over time.
Ok, its connected to the top of the distributor so I am good now. Thanks. I guess that is the filter?

Ok, its connected to the top of the distributor so I am good now. Thanks. I guess that is the filter?
I don't recall there being any sort of "filter" on the breather lines to/from the cap. It vents from the cabin through the cap to the intake port which supplies a small amount of vacuum. Note the 2 different sizes for the breather ports.

1699381961832.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom