What is the best lift for a 100 series Land Cruiser? What would the best tires be for offroading? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm new to the idea of off-road mods and I am curious as to what would be best for my 100 series Land Cruiser. I understand that lifts, although add ground clearance & allow larger tires, are expensive & make the car feel more uncomfortable (which is something I don't want my Cruiser to be). Lastly, what are the best tires to go with a lifted 100 series land cruiser (depending on the size of the lift)?

Just to add some specifics on tire size, since a few people have said 33ish or whatever the equivalent is...

The max tire size without any mods in standard tire sizes on an 18" wheel is a 295/70/18. This would be a 34.3" tire.

I've been running that size in Nitto and Cooper, with no mods. This is a VERY big looking tire compared to stock, or a 285/70/16. If you're running 16s and want to go to 18s, you can try to pick up a cheap set of 18" Tundra wheels from someone who's upgrading.
What offset are the wheels you’re using? I just got a set of steel tundra wheels with a +60 offset and 295/70/18 tires . I was wondering if that wheel will do fine without spacers.

Yep.

Assuming factory wheel sizes and offset…

Early models with 16” wheels = 285/75R16
Later models with 18” wheels = 275/70R18
About to order the KO AT 275/70/18 for my 06. But I can't find an answer on MUD about the spare at that size fitting. Any help is app.-Dan

Since this thread was already brought back from the dead I will chime in here. Worst case you'll have to air down a tiny bit. A 275/70R18 is going to run ~33.2" at full inflation while a 285/75R16 is going to run ~32.8". I've seen / heard tale of both sizes fitting in the spare tire location just fine, but the same size tire from different manufacturers can run different actual sizes. My bigger concern would be that often these bigger tires are sold with an E load rating and are going to ride more harshly and with extra weight for no real gain over a tire of the same size with a C / D load rating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom