What I love about my 80 ...

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Jon916996748, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Jon916996748

Jon916996748

Hey I just want to see what some of the specific things people love about their 80's. Post whatever ya want.

Other than everything about it all around, I love the sweet sound my TLC makes when you lock the diffs in low range. All those gears churning...mmmm. I also like the sweet spot sound you get from the engine at about 40, its quietly humming right after it changes gears. I also love the aggrassive and miltiry type look you get from a 3-quarter shot of the front. Tell me some stuff yall like.

2. Wrench

Wrench One Bashed Up 80

The out of the box off road capability. :D

3. Echo_29

Echo_29

Out of the Box Lockers!
    After 5 months of ownership and over 5000 miles of easy 4x4ing, my OEM + 33’s got a great and impressive (for me) workout last weekend in Anza Borrego. I was giddy like a little kid and so happy I didn’t buy a Disco! Even better, my wife could appreciate, witness and understand my lust for OME, Sliders and a new rear bumper/tire carrier.

4. Rogue

Rogue

Cruisers don't need to be pulled out by Sammis!!! :G

5. Curran

Curran

Great photo. :beer:

6. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
    Blower whine ::)

7. MTNRAT

MTNRAT

...Knowing I am driving possibly the most capable, reliable vehicle on the planet. :wave: :beer: :beer: :beer:
    Sean

8. Beowulf

Beowulf

Kewl bright white LEDs thanks to George S, and about a thousand other things.  A polite request and I'll list them all in descending order of love.  :G
    -B-

Just thought of another thing that came in VERY handy last weekend. We were camping on different days with two different groups, 100 miles apart so I was in and out of the rear a thousand times. The split rear with an upper hatch and a lower tailgate is wonderful.

-B-

9. Hltoppr

Hltoppr

Media:
    Albums:
    Port of Indecision...otherwise Northern Arizona
    ....is that at 180,000 miles, I don't have to worry about mechanical issues, and can load three bikes, a 17' canoe, four people and full gear for an adventure race; do a 1000 mile round trip jaunt over 10,900 foot off road passes in comfort and have a smooth ride home!

:bow: Landcruiser

-H-

10. fj40crusher

fj40crusher

[​IMG]

Anyone ever see Men in Black 2? Remember all the little people that had the little city in the locker? They worshipped a 2 for 1 coupon for some restaurant and a wristwatch. I figure a group of little guys like that would really like a landcruiser.

I really like the appearance of the 80 series...it just looks Tough as hell, especially with a lift/rack/snorkle. They are also classy enough to valet park yet strong enough to haul you and all your crap to the middle of nowhere and get you back.

:wave: :wave: :wave:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.