What I love about my 80 ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey I just want to see what some of the specific things people love about their 80's. Post whatever ya want.

Other than everything about it all around, I love the sweet sound my TLC makes when you lock the diffs in low range. All those gears churning...mmmm. I also like the sweet spot sound you get from the engine at about 40, its quietly humming right after it changes gears. I also love the aggrassive and miltiry type look you get from a 3-quarter shot of the front. Tell me some stuff yall like.

The out of the box off road capability. :D

The out of the box off road capability. :D

Out of the Box Lockers!
After 5 months of ownership and over 5000 miles of easy 4x4ing, my OEM + 33’s got a great and impressive (for me) workout last weekend in Anza Borrego. I was giddy like a little kid and so happy I didn’t buy a Disco! Even better, my wife could appreciate, witness and understand my lust for OME, Sliders and a new rear bumper/tire carrier.

Cruisers don't need to be pulled out by Sammis!!! :G

Blower whine ::)

...Knowing I am driving possibly the most capable, reliable vehicle on the planet. :wave: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Sean

Kewl bright white LEDs thanks to George S, and about a thousand other things.  A polite request and I'll list them all in descending order of love.  :G
-B-

Just thought of another thing that came in VERY handy last weekend. We were camping on different days with two different groups, 100 miles apart so I was in and out of the rear a thousand times. The split rear with an upper hatch and a lower tailgate is wonderful.

-B-

....is that at 180,000 miles, I don't have to worry about mechanical issues, and can load three bikes, a 17' canoe, four people and full gear for an adventure race; do a 1000 mile round trip jaunt over 10,900 foot off road passes in comfort and have a smooth ride home!

:bow: Landcruiser

-H-

1017121835831_lcka.gif

Anyone ever see Men in Black 2? Remember all the little people that had the little city in the locker? They worshipped a 2 for 1 coupon for some restaurant and a wristwatch. I figure a group of little guys like that would really like a landcruiser.

I really like the appearance of the 80 series...it just looks Tough as hell, especially with a lift/rack/snorkle. They are also classy enough to valet park yet strong enough to haul you and all your crap to the middle of nowhere and get you back.

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom