What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (50 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20210322_162256-01.jpeg

I got my weather stripping sealant, painted my jack a mint green, installed 2 more speakers, painted some of the inside, plugged some ugly holes, found a Warn gasket set for my hubs, was referred to a steering wheel kit and steering wheel. Also, painted side steps, gas and water cans (with stenciling). My new ignition will be here in a day or two. Get that installed, flush radiator and get a new hose, get new tires, gonna install console & get stereo (all hopefully by next week)

I got my weather stripping sealant, painted my jack a mint green, installed 2 more speakers, painted some of the inside, plugged some ugly holes, found a Warn gasket set for my hubs, was referred to a steering wheel kit and steering wheel. Also, painted side steps, gas and water cans (with stenciling). My new ignition will be here in a day or two. Get that installed, flush radiator and get a new hose, get new tires, gonna install console & get stereo (all hopefully by next week)
No photos....it didn't happen. Thems the rules.

Today the slow boat from south east Asia arrived apparently

My long awaited re-up of reproduction oil sender rubber boots or engine wire # 4 sub harness sections main part was a welcome box to open.

So are some jis KOITo amber fog bulbs , the only incandescent filaments still in my life that’s fir sure

84A91C31-A0FF-4DF0-9A03-00944FE5FF81.jpeg

3B0E2403-AB40-484C-9901-4D34D3549954.jpeg

CB2A81AB-5FC9-4418-B909-E5B746A5E244.jpeg

3DE303E1-AD6E-4678-BE63-3FDB654035BA.jpeg

I started at 05:00 this morning to take the hand brake cable out because I felt it could do with a little shortening to be PERFECT. Took off the prop shaft and some gearbox oil drpped out of the capped end of the shaft where it attaches against the drum. Damn! It appears to me that my "helper" did not bother to torque and properly secure the retainer nut even after being told to give it 90ft/lb. Double damn.
20210325_064033.jpg

I started at 05:00 this morning to take the hand brake cable out because I felt it could do with a little shortening to be PERFECT. Took off the prop shaft and some gearbox oil drpped out of the capped end of the shaft where it attaches against the drum. Damn! It appears to me that my "helper" did not bother to torque and properly secure the retainer nut even after being told to give it 90ft/lb. Double damn.View attachment 2625545

when you reassemble , obtain orange Toyota fipg trans axle sealant , apply well to all inner and outer splines to the shaft and brake drum , then use a cue tip and apply a generous amount where the hex nut you torque seats , this will prevent spline path of future leakage , this is a MUSTY DO ! don't skimp here , you follow prescribed above no leaks , you bypass , you will have minor to moderate seepage 100% guaranteed .........

00295-01281 part #

fyi these are my personal tech photos and the lenght i go to as a standard practice , by the book 24/7

and ................no leaks ever ...... :)

1616660336580.png

1616660358381.png

1616660509624.png

1616660526018.png

1616660551526.png

I started at 05:00 this morning to take the hand brake cable out because I felt it could do with a little shortening to be PERFECT. Took off the prop shaft and some gearbox oil drpped out of the capped end of the shaft where it attaches against the drum. Damn! It appears to me that my "helper" did not bother to torque and properly secure the retainer nut even after being told to give it 90ft/lb. Double damn.View attachment 2625545
geez, that sucks. Had a similar issue, while digging in to the rear output seal leak i was able to remove the castle nut by hand after removing the cotter pin. Its amazing i didnt have more damage. Removed the housing and had it machined for a double seal. I will be reassembling shortly and of course will retorque everything too.

Today the slow boat from south east Asia arrived apparently

My long awaited re-up of reproduction oil sender rubber boots or engine wire # 4 sub harness sections main part was a welcome box to open.

So are some jis KOITo amber fog bulbs , the only incandescent filaments still in my life that’s fir sure

View attachment 2625538

View attachment 2625539

View attachment 2625540

View attachment 2625537
Very lovely Amber Koitos. Will those work as bib lights or do those only go into a specific fog light housing?

MA
when you reassemble , obtain orange Toyota fipg trans axle sealant , apply well to all inner and outer splines to the shaft and brake drum , then use a cue tip and apply a generous amount where the hex nut you torque seats , this will prevent spline path of future leakage , this is a MUSTY DO ! don't skimp here , you follow prescribed above no leaks , you bypass , you will have minor to moderate seepage 100% guaranteed .........

00295-01281 part #

fyi these are my personal tech photos and the lenght i go to as a standard practice , by the book 24/7

and ................no leaks ever ...... :)

View attachment 2625592

View attachment 2625593

View attachment 2625594
View attachment 2625595
View attachment 2625596
Matt how much of this does it take to do the job correctly?

MA

Matt how much of this does it take to do the job correctly?

1 single toothpaste size tube you get , is MORE then enough

see 00295-01281 IS a non-hardening its stays pliable and fres inside the tube fore years if not a decade , if YOU install cap on correct and then tape it sealed with electrical tape , store in bag all air removed etc ............

its a space age product before its time

i say GLUE IT ALL Together and no leaks !

i just found this here on MUD , he exemplifies the use of Orange 00295-01281 fipg same in kind to all the above topic .........

Man I like them tires! Are they noisy?

Yes, but noise is pretty relative in a rolling brick with no insulation. Tire noise is not the loudest noise in my 40, but it does contribute to the overall noise level. I am running KM3's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom