What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (44 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

On a dime!
I am trying to sort out some brake issues now, I can somehow manage to lock up the back wheels while stopping from very low speeds. I had a leaky cylinder that I replaced, the PO replaced the master just before selling, I need to figure out if it is a bias adjuster I need or something else. I may slap new shoes on before I drive myself too crazy, but it doesn't make sense. I have bled them, that works fine, I just can't quite figure out the skidding.

Fixed the Quadrajet again. Always something with this little guy. Celebrated by taking the most talkative dude I know for a ride.

61658122-DDD2-47A8-99A6-4DFDC2ADDCF6.jpeg

EDE211D9-B005-4D95-B024-46B90882AE4E.jpeg

B9EC0736-3841-4765-B61F-8C0B861CCE12.jpeg

I am trying to sort out some brake issues now, I can somehow manage to lock up the back wheels while stopping from very low speeds. I had a leaky cylinder that I replaced, the PO replaced the master just before selling, I need to figure out if it is a bias adjuster I need or something else. I may slap new shoes on before I drive myself too crazy, but it doesn't make sense. I have bled them, that works fine, I just can't quite figure out the skidding.

I’d make sure your rear shoes are adjusted correctly, I think you tighten to the point the wheel won’t spin, then back off 3 clicks.... after that I would say to bleed, bleed and bleed.

I’m not much help on drums since I am now sporting disc brakes all four corners.

I’d make sure your rear shoes are adjusted correctly, I think you tighten to the point the wheel won’t spin, then back off 3 clicks.... after that I would say to bleed, bleed and bleed.

I’m not much help on drums since I am now sporting disc brakes all four corners.
I have adjusted it that way three times, hasn't changed. I actually have the rears backed off more than the front, it helped, but I am still not there.

I went to take my little girls for a ride and immediately noticed a very stiff brake pedal. I had to practically stand on it to get the vehicle to stop in my driveway. So I watched a bunch of YouTubes and did all the diagnostics and am about 99.9% sure it's a bad brake booster. And no one carries them anymore. Do any of you have a suggestion on a proper replacement? I appreciate any help I can get.
Definitely City Racer...I replaced Brake Booster and Master cylinder at the same time. What a difference.
There is a cheap tool you can buy and use to get the rod clearance correct but I didn’t need it.

Then I took a quick side-trip. Uncharted, by all means other than doing it in person. This is where I segue.
View attachment 2491877

Awesome, after a dead end road with the truck in four-low. I find a new track, and a perfect secluded campsite, with a perfect view - which is kinda a contradiction for so close to civilization.
View attachment 2491876

I'll have to come here in the middle of winter just to see the lights from the snow groomers, like twenty miles away. That, and coyotes love arroyos. Every evening you get a good chance to hear what you can, most often, not see.
View attachment 2491878

Not bad for a rotted rear sill.
Where is this area? Seems so relaxed and remote👍

Where is this area? Seems so relaxed and remote👍
Not far at all from Santa Fe, even before you get to the Rio Grande. Quite a few movies have been filmed in the area, dating back to at least 1936 ("The Texas Rangers"), and most recently in 2007 ("3:10 to Yuma").

The Iron Yak got a new pair of shoes
City Racer Rims, Caps, Toyo Open Country MT 255/85/16
1 before, 3 after
I am super pleased with the look and the ride Quality. Left front tire rubs steering rod at full turn. Was not expecting that.
My first 40 had PS so I couldn’t fully appreciate how much of a difference putting this combination on would affect steering. Steering is so much easier that is has me thinking I might not need to add PS in the future.

32C9D847-A13B-4AA2-A854-675AEED14467.jpeg

EB749C97-0E06-4CA5-9C65-15103AC1D3E5.jpeg

5678A820-C4F9-4A57-B5F5-475EC86E4001.jpeg

332A1CF2-932E-4FE4-B941-638AEC3D9561.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom