What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (45 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just installed the weboost Overland antenna assembly to confirm the height clearance concern I had when it is horizontal. Thankfully, it fits with my 7'-0" opening. Next step is to complete the wiring and booster installation.
FYI: Mounted on a ARB BASERACK with T-bolt brackets.
Finished the installation yesterday.
Mounted the Booster module to the front of the ARB Drawer box frame on the passenger side as well as a on/off switch on the B- pillar below seat belt provision also on passenger side. Now I have to find some time to go find a weak cell service spot to test this setup.

20230727_134803.jpg

20230728_152711.jpg

20230728_152702.jpg

20230804_105059.jpg

20230804_105012.jpg

20230805_141135~2.jpg

Last edited:
I just installed the weboost Overland antenna assembly to confirm the height clearance concern I had when it is horizontal. Thankfully, it fits with my 7'-0" opening. Next step is to complete the wiring and booster installation.
FYI: Mounted on a ARB BASERACK with T-bolt brackets.

View attachment 3385095
Mind sharing the mounting details? One downside to the Base Rack is the proprietary dovetail, and if you found a good non-ARB option I'd love to see it.:)

Mind sharing the mounting details? One downside to the Base Rack is the proprietary dovetail, and if you found a good non-ARB option I'd love to see it.:)
No downside to using quality ARB accessories. I used the ARB T-slot mount for bracket and antenna.

1780230_v4_1050x700.jpg

Last edited:
No downside to using quality ARB accessories. You get what pay for. I used the ARB T-slit basket for bracket and antenna.

View attachment 3385148
Thanks, and I agree and have no problem with the ARB components. I just want some other options because ARB doesn't quite cover all possibilities.

Fuel boiling be gone. Started adding some insulation to the fuel system.

1690562197111.png

Haven’t posted in a while, but a couple updates. The rear and front bumpers have been trimmed (here’s to reduced scraping off road!). I also was able to bolt a diode dynamic 30” light bar to the crash bar after removing the foam insert. Lastly, I installed powerstop z36 pads and rotors.

Other things not pictured: Midland GMRS radio installed, Auxbeam switch panel for all auxiliary accessories, spare tire relocated and strapped down on top of my airdown gearup sleeper platform, and new lower ball joints.

Next up on the list is to install Bilstein 6112s up front and 5160s rear. This will replace the OME Nitro lift that I’m currently running.

If you want to follow along my amateur build, I’m on IG @basicallyalandcruiser

935E0708-E317-4CD1-8C63-A861972C496A.jpeg
DD81EE55-661F-4689-A6E5-BC7CE7401BFF.jpeg
IMG_0644.jpeg

Is that a skid, or just the center section of your plastic bumper hanging down in the front. Got any more photos of the rear chop? Looks good. I'm also considering the switch to conventional suspension on my LX.

Is that a skid, or just the center section of your plastic bumper hanging down in the front. Got any more photos of the rear chop? Looks good. I'm also considering the switch to conventional suspension on my LX.
That’s just the center section of the bumper. Didn’t realize how much front overhang there is until after I cut. I don’t regret going to a conventional suspension, one less thing to have to maintain.

Don’t have many more of the rear, but here’s some I took while cutting!

IMG_0588.jpeg
IMG_0585.jpeg

Wife was complaining of the wood dash trim glare from the sun blinding her, so I wrapped it in some leather textured vinyl wrap. Turned out OK, there were a few bubbles I couldn't get rid of. I'm sure with more patience and time I could have. I spent about 40 minutes on it. The texture and sheen doesn't match the factory dash, pretty obviously, but it's not shiny red wood! I'll probably do the wood on the doors too.

First time working with vinyl wrap. Pretty neat stuff. There are some pretty sweet looking vinyl wraps out there to change the look to almost anything.

20230729_110143[1].jpg

20230729_115043[1].jpg

20230729_115048[1].jpg

Bigger rotors for one.

Not sure if the pistons are bigger or not. It's a nice upgrade. Especially of you've gone to bigger tires/lift and tow anything

Not sure if the pistons are bigger or not.
Nope, same diameter pistons (51mm), the rotors are +14mm diameter and +2kg. All dimensions which are also now shared with the 300 series I believe.

I washed it. Even though the forecast for the next ten days shows no rain, it'll rain tomorrow. For sure it will. Having washed my black 200 will ensure that.

fresh oil change with Mobile 1 synthetic, and a fresh Toyota filter.

ODO: 225,015 <— missed the exciting milestone click over

Cleaned sunroof drains and found a perfectly sized, all natural, free range, drain stopper…. Glad I caught it when I did…

Next up:
- paint/clear wheels after fading the black powder coat with a poor choice in cleaning products
- drain/clean PS fog that got was in it that is now brownish funk
-Replace failed DS rear TPMS to get rid of these completely silly and anxiety inducing dash lights
IMG_2093.jpeg
IMG_2094.jpeg

20230730_135646.jpg

Oil, engine air, pcv, spiders and slip joints lubed, and tire rotate on the LC and 4R. Using M1 AFE 0W20 since cant get toyota oil easily any more. Seems the local dealer just using 0W16 on everything. Why I do my own.

View attachment 3387903

Oil, engine air, pcv, spiders and slip joints lubed, and tire rotate on the LC and 4R. Using M1 AFE 0W20 since cant get toyota oil easily any more. Seems the local dealer just using 0W16 on everything. Why I do my own.
We recently purchased a Toyota Sienna and I was sorta shocked when I was looking in the manual for the correct weight and saw 0W16. It even came with free lifetime oil changes but I’ll be under it this week to do it myself.

We recently purchased a Toyota Sienna and I was sorta shocked when I was looking in the manual for the correct weight and saw 0W16. It even came with free lifetime oil changes but I’ll be under it this week to do it myself.
Welcome to the tricks to improve the fuel economy. The penalties are so high if a manufacturer fails to meet the CAFE that they will sacrifice statistical few under warranty. However, for those of us that plan to keep our LC's long term, the odds will not fall in our favor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom