What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (48 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, what firmware are you on and what year is your truck? I believe GROM has a diff VLINE/VLITE model for 2013 and up
Doubke checking to make sure im not crazy.

Right...

LX 08-09 = LEX5 VLINE
LX 10-11 = LEX6 VLINE
LX 13-15 = LEX7 VLINE
LX 16+ = LEX89 VLINE
That doesn't include different firmware variations. It's important for everyone to realize that what works on their model possibly doesn't work on every model, considering all the variations.

The rig has gone through a few changes since I’ve last posted in this thread. This week, I’ve been attempting to wrap the vehicle myself in Satin Pearl white. Not finished yet but here is the progress.

I also added @PerryParts bumpstops which are amazing! Customer service is top notch as well. Patrick was super helpful.

Upgraded to SPC UCA to properly fit and align the 37s.

C376EADA-3E68-4753-AFB8-11B4E26FD3D7.jpeg

This is essentially what I saw, except I was in SAT rather than FM.
One other quirk with the VLite that reared its head today is that calls get routed to the phone speaker rather than the car's audio system. If I connect my phone to the LX570 via Bluetooth in addition to the VLite, a call will go through the car audio system, but after ending the call Android Auto won't easily reconnect.

One other quirk with the VLite that reared its head today is that calls get routed to the phone speaker rather than the car's audio system. If I connect my phone to the LX570 via Bluetooth in addition to the VLite, a call will go through the car audio system, but after ending the call Android Auto won't easily reconnect.
Hmm.. on the. VLine and 2010 system, it’s a little different. I can connect my phone Bluetooth profile to the OEM system and still use the OEM system for calls. The problem is I can’t seem to force the phone to only use the OEM system when receiving and sending calls. Sometimes even after I force from the phone to connect to the OEM system, CarPlay will grab the call and switch back. The OEM mic is far better than my Vline Mic setup, so it’s preferable to be on the OEM system. All that to say, I never have issues with losing connectivity to CarPlay when this happens.

Hmm.. on the. VLine and 2010 system, it’s a little different. I can connect my phone Bluetooth profile to the OEM system and still use the OEM system for calls. The problem is I can’t seem to force the phone to only use the OEM system when receiving and sending calls. Sometimes even after I force from the phone to connect to the OEM system, CarPlay will grab the call and switch back. The OEM mic is far better than my Vline Mic setup, so it’s preferable to be on the OEM system. All that to say, I never have issues with losing connectivity to CarPlay when this happens.
Not without quirks, but I still love what it can do. Hopefully a future update can address the issues.

Finished my “poor man’s” drawer system today.
41A5645A-6915-4205-8748-D0A2D2FC3116.jpeg

There is just enough room in front of the drawers for my recovery gear bag and another similar size full of tools.
263CD71A-543F-4B75-AAB9-9F51553F5206.jpeg

To access, I’ll pull one out and place on the tailgate. I tested to make sure all are accessible with the 1up rack loaded and folded down and it works fine.
D36D5C89-1931-4E3B-8313-B4496B3F916A.jpeg

Last pic of the stylish carpet remnants I found in my attic for the top.
AE203CA7-F4E2-4CD8-AC05-8C026BA59A72.jpeg

The goal was to have more stuff accessible and organized without unloading the whole back. One of these will be our food, one will be the kitchen box, and one will be bike gear. Excited to hit the road soon to test her out!

Great mod. You'll love it.

Unless I'm looking at this wrong, I think you have the little wishbone spring that spans across the rotor in the wrong position. It's suppose to be on the lower pin
Thanks. I moved it later.

Screwed up the slee solar panel install! This was my fault, so not blaming slee on this, BUT, I would recommend doing this in the shade or in a garage because the sun heated up the vinyl to a point where you could not peel the backing off without ruining it! I invented a few curse words on this! Spent so much time on prep to then have this happen! :mad::bang:
IMG_8111.JPG

Couldn't resist after seeing others post up about these.

7D0nFim.jpg

Couldn't resist after seeing others post up about these.

7D0nFim.jpg
Now my wife is gonna get suspicious when I *ask* to go to Hobby Lobby with her...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom