What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (34 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

finally got around to installing the skids from @turbo8 they are a work of art! Also removed my ARB base
rack and installed Land Cruiser OEM rails with new bolts and gaskets.

Imo I think 200s look better with factory or no roof rails… I also did an AHC adjustment. With Techstream.

Anywhere here have Durobumps on the LX? Do the bumps make contact in N or L?

(Asking because I have the prototype ones installed and am not sure my Truck sits lower cause I physically messed with height sensor or if they are just too tall)

View attachment 3335567
View attachment 3335568
View attachment 3335569
View attachment 3335570
Highly recommend the Perry parts bumpstop for the LX!

Thanks but I have the proto duros already, how tall are the Perryparts one? What do they do differently for AHC?

51mm up front. They make AHC specific options which I assume is a different dampening profile. They are more progressive engagement than traditional rubber options.

@PerryParts

51mm up front. They make AHC specific options which I assume is a different dampening profile. They are more progressive engagement than traditional rubber options.

@PerryParts
Thanks but they look like they almost touch on N. Wouldnt that negate the full use and compression of the shock? Especially going over bumps or when the truck is lower in high speeds?

Memorial Day outing
IMG_1012.jpeg
IMG_1013.jpeg

Thanks but they look like they almost touch on N. Wouldnt that negate the full use and compression of the shock? Especially going over bumps or when the truck is lower in high speeds?
Every bump stop will limit compression. In the front position they almost touch, more room in rear.

However They are very soft for low speed compression and act almost like an air bump at higher speeds. Additive manufacturing is totally a game changer because they can change the shape, thickness, and length to create a progressive dampening profile.

DA660E67-DDB0-4186-9632-611BF6546A3B.png

51C8FB14-246B-4B89-99C4-4728105ADDE0.png

Every bump stop will limit compression. In the front position they almost touch, more room in rear.

However They are very soft for low speed compression and act almost like an air bump at higher speeds. Additive manufacturing is totally a game changer because they can change the shape, thickness, and length to create a progressive dampening profile.

DA660E67-DDB0-4186-9632-611BF6546A3B.png

51C8FB14-246B-4B89-99C4-4728105ADDE0.png

THanks @tbisaacs I will look into them more.

@tbisaacs Thanks for the shoutout!

You're spot on with the AHC angle. For AHC our bumps are shorter, and slightly softer so that customers can still go into L when needed. The bumps will contact slightly in L, giving it a stiffer/sportier feel, but if you're wheeling I'd strongly recommend being in N or H (both for clearance, and for better articulation.)

I started back on my “Poor Man’s” drawer system. The totes are Orbis 39x14x13 and are fairly heavy duty. FP32 Plastic Stack-N-Nest Container - ORBIS - https://www.orbiscorporation.com/en-us/products/hand-held-containers/flip-lid-containers/fp32
Three of them almost perfectly fit in the rear storage area. I’ll be building a wood shelf/dividers for them and covering the top with industrial carpet squares and an aluminum edge to protect the edge of the carpet/platform during loading. All in cost should be around $300 including the totes. Hope to build the rest this weekend.
07BEB84E-4F73-4923-8672-76050F5BE485.jpeg

Deb found this for the garage at Hobby Lobby. 24" long, and the FJ and trees are stacked on the painted backing board. $35 less 40% = $21.

View attachment 3218901

Funny, my wife just randomly found this today at Hobby Lobby, too! I decided I really had nowhere to put it, though, so some other lucky shopper will have to enjoy it.

I planned on replacing the chipped touchscreen on my LX570s display and adding the Vlite module so I could use Android Auto. After removing the stereo and starting to disassemble it to access the screen I decided to wait on that project and simply installed the VLite module. So far after only having it for one day I'm extremely happy with the V-Lite and the functionality I now have. The integration is awesome. The only loss is the built-in USB port in the car but the module has its own that I may eventually connect to the port.

PSX_20230531_203453.jpg

20230531_142620.jpg

I planned on replacing the chipped touchscreen on my LX570s display and adding the Vlite module so I could use Android Auto. After removing the stereo and starting to disassemble it to access the screen I decided to wait on that project and simply installed the VLite module. So far after only having it for one day I'm extremely happy with the V-Lite and the functionality I now have. The integration is awesome. The only loss is the built-in USB port in the car but the module has its own that I may eventually connect to the port.

View attachment 3337322

View attachment 3337323
Can you post a link to what you bought to make this work? Do the other menus work with this, like a/c and audio?

Can you post a link to what you bought to make this work? Do the other menus work with this, like a/c and audio?
The only things you lose by doing this is the built-in USB port and aux jack, but the Grom unit has a USB port you can use. The screenshot is from their website. You simply put in your vehicle make, model and year and it should pull the correct units. They offer two options but the new vlite seems to be more stable than the vline from what I've read. It is a much more simple interface from a software and hardware perspective. For the 2010 to 2012 LX 570 the correct Android Auto module is lex6vt2.

All other factory functions remain OEM. You just exit out of Android Auto or Apple CarPlay, depending on which you're using.

You can PM me if you have any other questions. I would consider asking them about the group and buy price since a group buy just took place.

SmartSelect_20230601_074011_Opera.jpg

The only things you lose by doing this is the built-in USB port and aux jack, but the Grom unit has a USB port you can use. The screenshot is from their website. You simply put in your vehicle make, model and year and it should pull the correct units. They offer two options but the new vlite seems to be more stable than the vline from what I've read. It is a much more simple interface from a software and hardware perspective. For the 2010 to 2012 LX 570 the correct Android Auto module is lex6vt2.

All other factory functions remain OEM. You just exit out of Android Auto or Apple CarPlay, depending on which you're using.

You can PM me if you have any other questions. I would consider asking them about the group and buy price since a group buy just took place.

View attachment 3337492

Interested in how stable it is after you've had it a while. My Vline works but can be finicky, and I don't need any of the additional features the Vline has over the Vlite

I'll try to update my experience after I've had it awhile.
Does the Vlite or original Vline default to CarPlay or the android auto interface on start up? If you have more than one phone connected, will it automatically try the second option if the first isn’t available? Will it return from the surround camera view at low speed back to the android auto or CarPlay interface automatically? Those are the three things I would like to improve from my current set up with naviplus.

Does the Vlite or original Vline default to CarPlay or the android auto interface on start up? If you have more than one phone connected, will it automatically try the second option if the first isn’t available? Will it return from the surround camera view at low speed back to the android auto or CarPlay interface automatically? Those are the three things I would like to improve from my current set up with naviplus.
I'm only using Android Auto, so not sure about switching between Apple and Android.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom