What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (40 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m on round 3 to successfully make use of the top portion of the center console. Round one was putting smaller items in there but the constant rattle quickly lead to round 2.

Round 2 was adding strips of hook velcro to the bottom of the compartment and putting loop velcro on the items. This worked great….until other items began finding their way in there. Items where adding velcro just didn’t make sense.

Round 3 led me looking through my years of collected hiking and camping gear for some type of pouch to put this stuff in. I eventually moved on until a recent day hike had me putting on a chest bag thing I sometimes carry… inside of it was this removable pouch. The entire time I’d been looking for a thing that was inside my drawer in the doggone cruiser. Anyway, some loop velcro on the interior lid of the top compartment and now I have this:

View attachment 3217227
Much more organized than I am. My center console is full of receipts, some tiger balm, pens, and a beanie/gloves.

Much more organized than I am. My center console is full of receipts, some tiger balm, pens, and a beanie/gloves.

Same, pens, bank deposit slips, hand sanitizer, change, USB charger ports, etc. I’d love to put something like that in the very top of mine but the cool box version has a serious hump in it to clear taller bottles so it wouldn’t work.

I have one as well, good stuff.

I’m on round 3 to successfully make use of the top portion of the center console. Round one was putting smaller items in there but the constant rattle quickly lead to round 2.

Round 2 was adding strips of hook velcro to the bottom of the compartment and putting loop velcro on the items. This worked great….until other items began finding their way in there. Items where adding velcro just didn’t make sense.

Round 3 led me looking through my years of collected hiking and camping gear for some type of pouch to put this stuff in. I eventually moved on until a recent day hike had me putting on a chest bag thing I sometimes carry… inside of it was this removable pouch. The entire time I’d been looking for a thing that was inside my drawer in the doggone cruiser. Anyway, some loop velcro on the interior lid of the top compartment and now I have this:

View attachment 3217227
We are Atlanta botanical gardens members as well. Membership has its privileges :). We keep our membership card in center console as well.

We are Atlanta botanical gardens members as well. Membership has its privileges :). We keep our membership card in center console as well.
Dang, I almost gave away my real identity, thankfully the pertinent info is obscured 😳

Oh cool! We live close to the Gainesville location so that’s our normal haunt. Much smaller but they have a good kids section and great woods trails. Idk if I’d say it’s worth a drive from hotlanta but it’s great for our neck of the woods.

Tonight I was messing around with a prototype rear recovery point but then noticed a torn inner CV boot and a leak at the axle seal. Luckily I had a spare CV axle and seal so I swapped them out.

Ready to go skiing for the weekend now.

20230112_155025.jpg

20230112_155218.jpg

20230112_172256.jpg

20230112_172306.jpg

Made the controversial switch from 0w20 to 5w30 along with a new filter. Dang I just love the simplicity and speed of my oil changes with the aluminum filter housing and the ez drains! I just wish mr T had opted for an easy access mini panel to get at the filter housing like he did the the oil pan, the skid plates are always the hardest part, that and remember what somewhat similar yet dissimilar screws go where…

Hopefully this will make my oil consumption a bit less noticeable and/or address some of the brining oil smell.

Also checked and added a bit of extra WS ATF.

ODO: 216,923 miles

And yes I know it’s a shame that the forty has become a rag drying rack and mini storage unit….

89C8DBE6-5873-4472-A9F3-BA58E81362DE.jpeg

Made the controversial switch from 0w20 to 5w30 along with a new filter. Dang I just love the simplicity and speed of my oil changes with the aluminum filter housing and the ez drains! I just wish mr T had opted for an easy access mini panel to get at the filter housing like he did the the oil pan, the skid plates are always the hardest part, that and remember what somewhat similar yet dissimilar screws go where…

Hopefully this will make my oil consumption a bit less noticeable and/or address some of the brining oil smell.

Also checked and added a bit of extra WS ATF.

ODO: 216,923 miles

And yes I know it’s a shame that the forty has become a rag drying rack and mini storage unit….

View attachment 3219059
Why is it controversial?

I made the switch two OCI’s ago and I am happy with the move.

Took on job to replacing the light bulb/led bulb on my tail light not sure what it is yet on my 200 series LC 2011 .
Then got stuck on how to remove it ? Any suggestions

3ED5F8AC-1615-47A0-8570-0EC7C41A24EE.jpeg

BA033FFC-C784-435C-925A-FFAFE2301CD4.jpeg

B7298558-2A2D-4134-8A99-B7554312950C.jpeg

596D29F9-7C68-4981-BD1C-F67DBADD3A35.jpeg

Picked up a Grom off FB Marketplace. Almost finished the install before running out of daylight. Removed the factory cigarette lighter and used that spot for the USB port. Had planned on mounting the Grom behind the head unit like others have but it was tight. Ran the wires to the passenger side so I can mount the Grom in the glovebox later this week.

B531180B-0285-41FA-9AED-20F230B47459.jpeg

0B540132-340F-4542-A1D5-65FB71BFD1E0.jpeg

E8F3C0E6-58E6-4267-A476-386B0C1C2C31.jpeg

Figured I would give these guys a shot. Quite a few advocates in our local club.

Price was right, that’s for sure. All in all pretty impressed with the performance. Can’t speak to the durability.

Made a bracket that moved my power steering resi and mounted the compressor on the passenger side.

Still need to run my wiring, and waiting on a few items from Wits End to finalize the coupler mount.

airing up took 7 minutes from 12psi to 35 using their 4tire inflating system with the compressor.

26809481-E45F-405E-A393-D2AEE89B7A5D.jpeg

0F74B693-6619-4202-BEBF-24C76F6A8CC7.jpeg

28DBEEE5-4CB2-471D-8E67-9A23009BD6D2.jpeg

F45A3DFF-6411-4EEB-BC7A-DC09E15B654E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom