What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed Bilstein 6112/5160's, factory rear springs and the front struts on the lowest setting. About 1.5" lift on the front and 1/2" on the back.
Ride height after.jpg

Which way did you position the drain cover on the bottom of the perforated tube when you swapped from stock to Venza?

Not sure exactly what you mean but followed the original post

I put it together exactly how it came apart.

Not sure exactly what you mean but followed the original post

I put it together exactly how it came apart.
The piece in the lower left corner.

1664160175901.jpeg

Just add an extension to the drawer system I did. Like a leaf for a table.. adds a longer base for a sleeping platform, truck bed-like storage. When not in use it simply rests on top of the original platform. Goal was to keep the third row seats in (which I use from time to time) and make an inexpensive, light weigh removable system. And not over engineer it. Simply remove the drawers, unhook the turnbuckles and slide the frame out. All in with purchased materials and stuff I had lying around was just over $300. Drawers (I made a simple box) have a simple ball bearing on the far base end to help slide and if needed a bungee to secure the front. Also is a light idea I got from this forum years back - velcro and head lamp attached. I can provide details if needed.

tempImageoyfeb6.png

tempImage0JxUyL.png

tempImagewJaqpQ.png

tempImagepI7n3x.png

tempImageclis7h.png

Just add an extension to the drawer system I did. Like a leaf for a table.. adds a longer base for a sleeping platform, truck bed-like storage. When not in use it simply rests on top of the original platform. Goal was to keep the third row seats in (which I use from time to time) and make an inexpensive, light weigh removable system. And not over engineer it. Simply remove the drawers, unhook the turnbuckles and slide the frame out. All in with purchased materials and stuff I had lying around was just over $300. Drawers (I made a simple box) have a simple ball bearing on the far base end to help slide and if needed a bungee to secure the front. Also is a light idea I got from this forum years back - velcro and head lamp attached. I can provide details if needed.

View attachment 3124677

View attachment 3124678

View attachment 3124679

View attachment 3124680

View attachment 3124681

tempImageuVmVuS.png

tempImagegL01L8.png

tempImagej96GZg.png

tempImageZeNuez.png

tempImagextRN1s.png

Replaced my Michelin Defenders with Toyo Open Country AT3 tires. So far I am liking the new tires.
I ended up with a flat on my Michelins last weekend.View attachment 3088881View attachment 3088882 I figured it was time to get something a little more aggressive for light trails.
How’s the ride quality and noise on the freeway with these vs. your previous defenders. I was considering the Defenders but just can’t pull the trigger because they look so boring. My Ridge grapplers are super stiff and can feel every piece of broke highway pavement.

How’s the ride quality and noise on the freeway with these vs. your previous defenders. I was considering the Defenders but just can’t pull the trigger because they look so boring. My Ridge grapplers are super stiff and can feel every piece of broke highway pavement.
Have never had defenders on my 200. But went to 275/70/18 E load AT3's right away. Love everything about them, quiet on the highway, dramatically improved ride feel from the stock P rated tired.

Have never had defenders on my 200. But went to 275/70/18 E load AT3's right away. Love everything about them, quiet on the highway, dramatically improved ride feel from the stock P rated tired.
Thanks for info. I finally narrowed down my two top tire choice, the Nokian Outpost AT and the Toyo AT3 which is much easier to find in the two sizes I’m looking at 275/70 and 295/70

Thanks for info. I finally narrowed down my two top tire choice, the Nokian Outpost AT and the Toyo AT3 which is much easier to find in the two sizes I’m looking at 275/70 and 295/70

Id recommend the 295s. For multiple reasons, but as we're talking about ride quality, the more curved sidewall profile of a wider tire on a narrower wheel can soften the perceived sidewall stiffness.

Id recommend the 295s. For multiple reasons, but as we're talking about ride quality, the more curved sidewall profile of a wider tire on a narrower wheel can soften the perceived sidewall stiffness.
Thanks for answering this. I wasn’t sure and it certainly makes sense. This was my concern and doing a narrower 275 would actually make my 200 a little more rigid but then I look at a 295 and the load rating goes up from 125/122S E to 129/126S for the 295. Wouldn’t this higher load rating cause more rigidity of the bigger tire effecting ride quality?

correct me if I'm wrong, but 295 AT3s are not recommended for the 9 inch heritage wheel, tire this size would require a non heritage wheel

correct me if I'm wrong, but 295 AT3s are not recommended for the 9 inch heritage wheel, tire this size would require a non heritage wheel
I was just looking at the Revo3 295/70r18 and it says
  • Rim Width Range:
    7.5-10"
  • Measured Rim Width:
    8.5"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom