What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Which upper link bushing is that?

You must run her hard or do you think it's just the added travel? I thought @bloc measured the rears to be ~3/4" more travel with kings?

Looking good.

Which upper link bushing is that?

You must run her hard or do you think it's just the added travel? I thought @bloc measured the rears to be ~3/4" more travel with kings?

Looking good.
Correct on the number. 3/4” seems like it wouldn’t start trashing link bushings but that’s just my opinion.

Upper rear shock bushings seem to be a problem area, as posted by @Taco2Cruiser
We may be able to use the flat king bushings with the stock toyota hat washer.. details here:

Finally getting started. I can't think of a better excuse for some Harbor Freight black-friday toys and Auto Zone Lubricants :)

Rock Sliders_passenger_+BT-WPpost.jpg
Rock Sliders_out with the old_+BT-WPpost.jpg

I can't find it in my heart to put that gas tank plate back up. Just going to have to get the back two BudBuilts to go with the front ones.
You wont regret getting them. My sliders and armor have paid for themselves already.

Put a Rudolf nose and antlers on the ARB then loaded up the crew for a Christmas tree run. With all 8 seats in use the red nose seemed more like a clown reference as everyone climbed out.
1606738975825.png

Completed a front end refresh on the LX last week, struts/mounts/end links/fluid etc. She's set for awhile, but also added a rear cargo light I'm a big fan of already. This headlamp has a mount for hard hats, I just bought an extra strap/mount and trimmed the edges flush. It charges via USB-C and has a super wide throw. I keep a headlamp in the rear tailgate storage for walking the pup at night when we're out camping or in the mountains, and this was a great way to dual purpose it.

View attachment 2484294View attachment 2484295View attachment 2484296
Sweet! So simple

Finally got all the pieces and time for the front end overhaul of my 2013 LC. New headlight assembly with custom paint, LED pod and HIDs from HIDprojectors.com, an EVO3 bumper and Warn Industries EVO-12 winch.

Before any work...
20200828_100749.jpg

Disassembly of the front end was pretty straight forward, but some of the clips and connectors were pretty weathered and brittle. The front camera connector seemed fused together and caused a few 'count to ten' moments.

PXL_20201126_015531431.jpg

Next was the headlight assembly. A few wiring challenges but the fit was perfect and the custom touches from HIDprojectors look great.

PXL_20201126_161355269.jpg

The bumper was a bit more challenging, but the adjustable design of the EVO3 helped me to get everything aligned and at the right height. Plus some input from @mcgaskins put me on the right path and I was able to get the Warn winch installed with enough room for the grill to fit with no mods.

PXL_20201129_180054308.jpg

Lots of time adding the wings on and adjusting them, but here's the close to final look. Didn't have desire to add the skid plate yesterday, fog lamps are in but seems to have a power issue and I just noticed I need to better route the red power cable for the winch.

PXL_20201129_233848263.jpg

performed my first recovery yesterday! Trying to get to my hunting spot and found a transit 350 stuck in the sand with a full family. hooked up my strap and realized neither of us had a hitch pin (embarassing). Was still able to tie it off to my recovery point and easily tow them out. They were incredible glad we were able to help, and I still managed a little 8-point getting in the stand late.

Went back to the old bronze 2016+ wheels. Heritage wheels are for sale in the classifieds. Also installed a 38” split light bar I had laying around and some TRD pro style Grill amber lights. I later lowered the front license plate to clear the light bar. I am terrible at taking pictures of the actual final product 🤦🏽‍♂️

View attachment 2506395

View attachment 2506397

View attachment 2506398

View attachment 2506399
I still love those wheels of yours! They were an inspiration when I put mine together.

Finally got all the pieces and time for the front end overhaul of my 2013 LC. New headlight assembly with custom paint, LED pod and HIDs from HIDprojectors.com, an EVO3 bumper and Warn Industries EVO-12 winch.

Before any work...
View attachment 2511099

Disassembly of the front end was pretty straight forward, but some of the clips and connectors were pretty weathered and brittle. The front camera connector seemed fused together and caused a few 'count to ten' moments.

View attachment 2511098

Next was the headlight assembly. A few wiring challenges but the fit was perfect and the custom touches from HIDprojectors look great.

View attachment 2511103

The bumper was a bit more challenging, but the adjustable design of the EVO3 helped me to get everything aligned and at the right height. Plus some input from @mcgaskins put me on the right path and I was able to get the Warn winch installed with enough room for the grill to fit with no mods.

View attachment 2511106

Lots of time adding the wings on and adjusting them, but here's the close to final look. Didn't have desire to add the skid plate yesterday, fog lamps are in but seems to have a power issue and I just noticed I need to better route the red power cable for the winch.

View attachment 2511108
I’ve contemplated doing this same thing to my headlights! Mind sharing how much it set you back and what it entailed?

RLC Fab rear bumper done. Took me a little over a week from start to finish. It’s super solid and I’m sure it will take a beating. I retained the parking sensors and back up camera (there was some custom work to make this happen.)
Now patiently waiting for the front bumper to come in…

0851D528-8B0E-44E1-967F-1651BD549B85.jpeg

0422FBCE-E791-4CEF-98EE-B78950456833.jpeg

3350CC8C-82BD-4324-981E-18F4E2E1F4C9.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom