What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed a Pioneer platform on a backbone rack system from Rhino Rack.

Next up Dissent sliders.

134BCAD5-3976-4E94-8BAF-9482B754C8A9.jpeg

CA0E4E81-20E7-4294-8F16-E830E4617471.jpeg

ADA1F3BF-A6B2-42FC-B6B5-C6BCBED6C560.jpeg

Removed the stock links. Driver side upper rear pivot joint completely destroyed. Other bushings were all cracking.
20201202_140124.jpg

And installed these.
20201202_140146.jpg

Found a mouse nest on top of my cabin air filter on Friday. OK, it's time to make it so that can't happen again, time to screen over the fresh air intake.

In case you've never seen it, here is the fresh air intake, it's under that big piece of plastic in front of the windshield:

PXL_20201201_225901804.jpg

That wire harness is for the little heater wires at the front of the windshield, for the wipers. You can actually see the infamous recirc door down there, it's in Recirc position now. It's pretty easy to get that cowl cover off, you start at the front, remove the cover in front of the radiator, then the side pieces snap off. Take off the wiper arms (14mm wrench), then a pair of screws at the ends, and it pops right off. I have to say I'm pretty unimpressed with how they built that, no cover or screen to keep leaves, pine needles, critters, etc from falling into that hole. Dumb design.

I have a roll of 1/4" galvanized hardware cloth screen in my shed, so I made a screen to put over that intake. I started by putting some "Protecto-Wrap" flashing tape (I love that stuff) every where the screen might rub and cause rusting:

PXL_20201202_181942757.jpg

Then I carefully cut out some screen, bent it to fit, added a piece of stiff wire for support, then squirted some Rustoleum satin black to keep it from rusting. A few more Zipties, no way those bastids are getting into my truck again. Should keep out leaves and other crap too.

PXL_20201202_182534449.jpg

Last edited:
Found a mouse nest on top of my cabin air filter on Friday. OK, it's time to make it so that can't happen again, time to screen over the fresh air intake.

In case you've never seen it, here is the fresh air intake, it's under that big piece of plastic in front of the windshield:

View attachment 2513765

That wire harness is for the little heater wires at the front of the windshield, for the wipers. You can actually see the infamous recirc door down there, it's in Recirc position now. It's pretty easy to get that cowl cover off, you start at the front, remove the cover in front of the radiator, then the side pieces snap off. Take off the wiper arms (14mm wrench), then a pair of screws at the ends, and it pops right off. I have to say I'm pretty unimpressed with how they built that, no cover or screen to keep leaves, pine needles, critters, etc from falling into that hole. Dumb design.

I have a roll of 1/4" galvanized hardware cloth screen in my shed, so I made a screen to put over that intake. I started by putting some "Protecto-Wrap" flashing tape (I love that stuff) every where the screen might rub and cause rusting:

View attachment 2513770

Then I carefully cut out some screen, bent it to fit, added a piece of stiff wire for support, then squired some Rustoleum satin black to keep it from rusting. A few more Zipties, no way those bastids are getting into my truck again. Should keep out leaves and other crap too.

View attachment 2513778
Yeah, I looked at that when I was running wires up the channels for lights and just shook my head. I wish I had taken the time to fix it like you did.

View attachment 2513765

View attachment 2513770

Then I carefully cut out some screen, bent it to fit, added a piece of stiff wire for support, then squirted some Rustoleum satin black to keep it from rusting. A few more Zipties, no way those bastids are getting into my truck again. Should keep out leaves and other crap too.

View attachment 2513778

Great idea and nice job!

Nice work, cool project. I am running the same radio, currently using velcro so secure the base to the side of the shifter council by my leg. How was the install and cutting portion Of the project?

Thank you, it was fairly simple, you need to remove that panel, and once removed it can be taken apart into 3 pieces to make the drilling and install of the plug easier. Then its just running the wires, I used the passenger side fuse box to wire into and mounted the unit under the passenger side.

Installed a single Dobinson drawer from my 100 into the 200. Perfect!

4114965D-EEE9-44F1-9F28-6A8B2831D3FF.jpeg
B5809ED7-007B-4CEF-B1F2-62089137196E.jpeg
8F6FF9E9-F470-456E-AF44-DF2AEFD7BDB4.jpeg
F1B2C36A-E27E-4041-8D36-2DB57F2F7362.jpeg

Installed a single Dobinson drawer from my 100 into the 200. Perfect!

How level is the drawer with the single 3rd row seat flipped down?

And is that an exhaust cut out? Would love to know how that sounds if so.

That's just a weight on the exhaust, presumably for dampening.

1” spacers work in the front. The studs are shorter. I’m running 1” Bora front and 1.25” Spidertrak rear.

Are you running 13-15 LX wheels? You may want to double check the contact points. IIRC, the issue is not so much the stud length as it is the lug nut not being able to “sit” inside the cavity on the back of the wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom