What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mounted my tire table up to my new shelf in back. Works Great. Posted more details here: Kaon Roof Shelf...

IMG_1798.jpeg

Best idea ever!

View attachment 2480445

After seeing it, it's obvious. It's simple. Why didn't I think of that? The best place to keep a head light.

:cheers:

I wish I could say it was my idea, but I saw it somewhere. Unfortunately, for me anyway, it does nothing to solve for the inevitable "where the F is my headlamp?" question. Always takes me a few minutes to remember its right where I put it. As they say, no matter what you are looking for, you will always find it in the last place you look.

Where was this drive done? Need dets!

First one is the Burr trail switchbacks. Second probably Waterpocket Fold?

Correct on the Burr Trail switchbacks. Basically, Blanding, UT to Kanab and back again. Through Bears Ears NM, over the Henrys, into Grand Staircase-Escalante NM. The snowy pic is near Roswell, NM on my way back.

Based on your sig, it looks like stock suspension/no coil spacers?
Correct. The suspension is 100% stock at the moment. I'm hoping to get some new coil springs/struts soon. Thinking of OME.

Spent 11 hours today with my mechanic buddy redoing all of my wiring to the roof, running through that Ford grommet that @Eric Sarjeant has posted about (works great, thanks Eric), adding disconnects, running through a protective loom etc. Also tracked down the leak that was soaking my B-Pillar, it was the roof rack mounts. The yellow sleeve around the bolt had disintegrated, so we built up some Grey RTV to duplicate the function then resealed the entire Rhino Backbone system also using the Grey RTV. Rewired my switches for the compressor and light bar as well as moved all of the accessory wiring running from the Blue Sea fuse block mounted to the forward face of the drawers into looms and under the carpet and behind panels so it is all protected and out of sight. Basically a ton of effort to improve upon the s***ty work I did to get everything working for LCDC in a hurry. Also added a Factor 55 FlatLink 2.0 to the hidden winch and mounted up the Maxtrax on the Rhino Rack side mount with the Maxtrax pins. Its all VERY secure and doesn't rattle at all.

I'll add a few pics tomorrow.

Spent 11 hours today with my mechanic buddy redoing all of my wiring to the roof, running through that Ford grommet that @Eric Sarjeant has posted about (works great, thanks Eric), adding disconnects, running through a protective loom etc. Also tracked down the leak that was soaking my B-Pillar, it was the roof rack mounts. The yellow sleeve around the bolt had disintegrated, so we built up some Grey RTV to duplicate the function then resealed the entire Rhino Backbone system also using the Grey RTV. Rewired my switches for the compressor and light bar as well as moved all of the accessory wiring running from the Blue Sea fuse block mounted to the forward face of the drawers into looms and under the carpet and behind panels so it is all protected and out of sight. Basically a ton of effort to improve upon the s***ty work I did to get everything working for LCDC in a hurry. Also added a Factor 55 FlatLink 2.0 to the hidden winch and mounted up the Maxtrax on the Rhino Rack side mount with the Maxtrax pins. Its all VERY secure and doesn't rattle at all.

Will look forward to photo details on this! Would love to avoid mistakes as I consider some wire stuff up top.

With pics, it deserves its own thread.

Dropped the skids, cleaned the frame and skids to remove all the mud from wheeling. Makes me wish I got the stainless steel skids with the amount I beat em up.. greased the DS and UCA as well.

Also a pic of how bashed the gas tank skid is.

20201031_130156.jpg

20201031_142513.jpg

20201031_152553.jpg

20201031_152605.jpg

20201031_122915.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom