Kaon Roof Shelf... (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I never use my third row seats but haven’t pulled them out yet. Anyone install one of these with the third row still in the truck? I’m in SC also. How long did shipping take? TIA

Shipped on the 29th, delivered on the 1st. Pretty impressive really. I'm confident it would work with the 3rd row, but doubt an adult could use that 3rd row seat with the shelf in place.

Shipped on the 29th, delivered on the 1st. Pretty impressive really. I'm confident it would work with the 3rd row, but doubt an adult could use that 3rd row seat with the shelf in place.
Thanks for the reply. I’ve never used the third row. If anyone ever does get stuck back there it will be my 9 year old so I should be good for a while. I’ve been thinking seriously about pulling the third row out anyway.

This things awesome, just finished my install and made some upgrades to allow the rear fence to pivot downward for second row access. Added a couple hinges and some weather stripping/molding between the shelf and fence to eliminate squeaks/rattles. It locks up stoutly as is but I figured it would be a good idea to add a strap ( A2 buttstock sling attachment) in case things get wild, this prevents any forward movement of the fence toward the second rows passenger‘s heads.

402B2F3F-2EC7-46CC-A8D0-4EEB29070B51.jpeg

49D83199-D6AC-4803-A522-771B16D6E31E.jpeg

7F2B4828-2634-4958-99A8-0E23646FD4D1.jpeg

Last edited:
I never use my third row seats but haven’t pulled them out yet. Anyone install one of these with the third row still in the truck? I’m in SC also. How long did shipping take? TIA

Can’t speak from experience with the third row except to comment that in an accident, having a horizontal bar just above/in front of passenger head level couldn’t can’t be a great thing.

Delivery was crazy fast considering the distance. Literally arrived in three days.

Similarly impressive...I ordered a few things from Stedi in Australia on Monday, and they arrived Thursday around 1:00PM.

This shelf is pretty exciting.

The custom storage solutions that could be securely attached to the bottom side of this have me thinking it really is a base from which you can build off to suit each individual's needs, I love it. I'm particularly happy to relocate some of the most often used items from the wing storage of my Trexboxx to a more accessible location. Also, I don't know about @Markuson and others like me that use a sleeping platform but I always sleep with my head to the front of the vehicle so I don't believe this will impact headroom or comfort in that regard?

Great find guys and thanks for all the pictures of the installs.

I got the adapter bolt kit Friday, hope to have v1 of the shelf up later tomorrow.

Looks like these are $425 shipped to US now :(

Looks like these are $425 shipped to US now :(
Mine was $298.14 USD shipped. I wish the shipping was not that much, but at least it is fast. It was less than a week to get here.

Wow - Just woke up on Sunday morning and found this thread - ordering. Exactly what I wanted... I used to run Bartac seat covers in the JKU that afforded molle across the back row of seats, affording great storage in the trunk. Problem was folding the seats made it problematic with dogs. Since my dogs roll in the backseat, this is PERFECT. Thanks for the find!

Thank for posting about this.. I bought one last night and think it will be a nice addition to my 13 LX 570. I also want to thank @BigJohnAZ for posting his on his successful install in his LX.

Been trying to come up with a storage/mounting location inside the truck for my "Tire Table" and it finally hit me a couple days ago that I could mount it underneath the shelf. I tried bungees and straps and nothing held secure. Then I found these "Threaded Star Knobs" and decided to see if the bolts would fit in the little holes... and they fit PERFECTLY! Everything is nice and secure tightened up flat against the shelf and out of the way. In fact it extends further rearward than the shelf does and could be used as additional shelf space for soft goods. I'm throwing my heavy jacket/hat/gloves on it for quick access.

Tire Table:
IMG_1512.jpeg

Star Knob/Bolt Kit

IMG_1791.jpeg

Mounted up to the shelf:

IMG_1793.jpeg

IMG_1798.jpeg

IMG_1796.jpeg

Thank for posting about this.. I bought one last night and think it will be a nice addition to my 13 LX 570. I also want to thank @BigJohnAZ for posting his on his successful install in his LX.

Ya bastahd! You bought the last one!

Ya bastahd! You bought the last one!

LOL, I tried to buy one before and they were on back order. I signed up to be notified when they were back in stock but never received one. I just happened to check and it was in stock and said WTH and pulled the trigger. Now hopefully it arrives when the wife is not home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom