What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (47 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Step one of new to me Rock Warrior install complete. Valve stems removed and ready for the TPMS sensors from my current wheels. Lugs and new TPMS gaskets come in tomorrow so I can get the sensors moved over and the wheels/tires mounted up.

View attachment 2369789
Love mine. You wont be disappointed. They compliment the truck in looks department for sure and take abuse.

Did my spark plugs and heater tees at 121k. Was able to do both jobs in under 2 hours. Thanks to this forum for advice on loosening the hard lines for the firewall passenger bank. Old plugs and tees looked decent.

EA8E508D-A18E-441C-9BD3-6A1230F599C6.jpeg

PS - if you don’t have them, get yourself a spark plug socket with magnet and one of these flexible extenders. Save tons of time and frustration.

Finished my $200 TJM bumper project.
(Actually these things are never finished, and it cost me a little over $500 once finished.)

Picked it up in rusty, sad condition from @LukisStyles after he swapped it out for a new one. Here's the original photo:
View attachment 2359754

And here it is after blasting, hammering, straightening, TLC, elbow grease, and several coats of Rustoleum hammered paint:
View attachment 2359800

The smaller tinted lights are DRL/turn combos. I'm going to try some ARB light inserts if I can find a used set for cheap. 🤔

I found some second-hand ARB light inserts for sale, so I decided to try them out in my fixer-upper TJM (see quoted images above).

The size and shape compared to the old TJM inserts are drastically different. However, with some cutting, some head-scratching, and a ridiculous amount of MacGyver-ing, I made them work.

I installed a "6 inch" iJDMtoy light bar in each turn signal area, and for the fogs I used the Xprite Jeep JK 4" fog with white fog and amber ring. Amber ring is wired into the turn signals, the fog mates up with the factory 9006 fog connector, and the little light bars are wired up as DRL. The iJDMtoy lights were actually over 7 inches, so making them fit was a nightmare.

20200712_184143_resized.jpg

20200712_184059_resized.jpg

20200712_184017_resized.jpg

20200712_183936_resized.jpg

Last edited:
I took her to get all the rust removed, all holes re welded, and then painted with some anti rust proofing. All the armour was rusted pretty much through as well. I ordered Bud Built OverLand stage 3 armour to replace the rusted out bits.

20200627_172512705_iOS.jpg

20200627_172516279_iOS.jpg

20200627_172519507_iOS.jpg

20200627_172522619_iOS.jpg

20200627_142039825_iOS_result.png

Last edited:
TPMS sensors swapped and RWs installed! I decided to leave my 1.25” wheel spacers in and I like it!

8B7E2119-E01F-43FD-94A8-8F952584BDC7.jpeg

Last edited:
Ordered a new front driver side wheel bearing... not exactly great news

I figure somebody here will want these and just doesn't know they are for sale over in classified section. My apologies for posting the link here where it doesn't belong. No affiliation with seller - he is taking offers. Rear springs are x722. Sounds like he will sell the BP-51s separate from the UCAs as well. Link to ad:

Posted in other sections, but added a FJ62 to the family. My wife is hating my "used car lot", and doesn't understand why I need four vehicles. I explained that my oldest daughter will need a vehicle in 8 years and my youngest will be driving in a short 15 years.

20200711_192805.jpg

20200712_181246.jpg

Someone loves them some Toyota's !!! Nice selection I am very jealous.

Thankfully my wife comes from a Toyota family so she sort of gets the obsession. Her 2020 4Runner is not pictured. Her first car was an AWD Camry, then another Camry and this is her second 4Runner. Her Dad has a 200 series, an FJ45, a Rav 4, and 3 Tacomas.

Over the past couple weeks I've detailed and UV protected the exterior and interior. Thoroughly cleaned the engine, engine bay, underside and frame (with simple green aircraft cleaner - not as strong as regular simple green, but safe to spray on all metals including aluminum without corroding). Then sprayed the frame with LPS3 to ward off any surface rust occurrence. Checked the KDSS valves (which freely moved!), antiseize-ed them, and sprayed the KDSS assy. with LPS3. I patiently waited to find a rust-free California vehicle so I might as well keep it that way. Also performed some baseline fluid changes, grease spiders, etc.

Replaced the interior lights with LEDs and replaced the turn signals, reverse, side marker, and license plate lights with LED as well. I looked at the DIY liftgate LED thread for a while but didn't think it would really suit my needs - so I found this fairly nice LED light bar that has a magnetic attachment base. I mounted the base on the liftgate square and keep the light in the tailgate cubby. Cool thing is that the magnet is quite strong and is on light itself, so I can stick it under the hood (or where ever). (USB rechargeable, 3 brightness settings - shown on brightest, found on amazon)
RearLightInstall.png

Next, I like to have a fire extinguisher handy, but don't want to carry my larger unit 24/7. So I made a mount for a small extinguisher to fit in the glove box. There's plenty of room still, since I mounted it to the top (getting rid of that flimsy self). Used nice hardware inserted through a metal lumber tie on the top of the box for added stability. Covered bolts/tie with gorilla tape just to make sure no cables or anything could rub or get snagged by it. Cabin filter access cover is still completely accessible. (Fixed my cabin recirc. accordion flap while doing this)
FireExtinguisherInstall.png

Finally got around to having a matching KO2 put on the spare wheel. BF Goodrich has been backordered for weeks. The Discount Tire guys got a laugh out of my method of bringing the tire down there, but had to make due with the wife having the LC at work.
View attachment 2373630

I've previously worn tires around my waist, like a belt, on the way to the tire shop. Always makes for great chats at stop lights.

There's something hiding in there.

1594935780734.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom