What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (41 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is that blizzard pearl? How is paint holding up? Spend much time outside parked in sun?

Yes on the color. The front bumper isn't great, some touch up spots from previous owner but other than that and other blemishes the paint is great. We've had it about 1 1/2 yrs, wife works at home and always garaged. Not sure how it was taken care of before us.

This thread should be a sticky...

This thread is a sticky. It’s so sticky that it sticks out more than the stickys!

Seriously though this thread is so overpowered that it doesn’t need a sticky to stay on top.

In addition to the RAM laptop mount, I swapped out my awning with replacement one this week, and decided to put it on drivers side instead so that I could access my power stations more easily from awning. I am loving the LED light strip that came with it!

751B1D5F-624C-4C18-BE2A-0BDEF7AB901B.jpeg

This thread is a sticky. It’s so sticky that it sticks out more than the stickys...

Well don't entirely agree. Had to go to page 2 to find it - not a huge deal. I'm just spoiled since I'm used to have an 80, current active 100 owner, and also active on local MUD forum and they all have this type of thread as a sticky. Would only make sense to keep it uniform but I'm sure not all have active interest in multiple forums like myself.

Trip sounds dreamy. While you're telling us more about it, can you tell us about how the hitch carrier is working out for you?

Working on that report now. The hitch carrier held up surprising well being it was bounced around like crazy. I did have to re-tighten the bolt a couple of times, but a simple lock washer would fix that. It's not as big as the rooftop carrier I used to have but really cuts down on drag obviously. Plus since I took out the 3rd row seats room for us wasn't an issue. ARB fridge right in the middle, plenty of room on either side.

Well don't entirely agree. Had to go to page 2 to find it - not a huge deal. I'm just spoiled since I'm used to have an 80, current active 100 owner, and also active on local MUD forum and they all have this type of thread as a sticky. Would only make sense to keep it uniform but I'm sure not all have active interest in multiple forums like myself.

Oh, I see what you mean, thanks for explaining. I do not follow as many threads across as many platforms as you yet, so for me a reply from this thread is usually in my recent notifications, and I just use that to get here. I haven’t had to manually look for it since I followed it. I forget not everyone lives in the 200 series forums like I do.

I imagine that in the long run it will always be a page 1 thread, we are gaining some momentum!

This thread should be a sticky...

Agree.
Was literally just thinking that last night.
Inching toward 500 pages. This thread DOES get buried sometimes as low as page 4 or 5...

Also the “official 200 forum chat & bs” thread would be nice as a sticky...because would help narrow the 200 communitiy’s more random stuff into one 200-community place...without tossing it to the wolves in the wider mud chit-chat poop-show.

Installed drag chain and finally wired up the fridge properly. Starting to poke lots of holes in my @TrekboxX! The challenge with this one was coming up with a way to wire and still be able to use my fridge slide cover when I'm in daily driver mode. The solution was to install the drag chain sideways.I think it worked out great!
IMG_8678.jpg
IMG_8680.jpg
IMG_8681.jpg
IMG_8682.jpg

Installed drag chain and finally wired up the fridge properly. Starting to poke lots of holes in my @TrekboxX! The challenge with this one was coming up with a way to wire and still be able to use my fridge slide cover when I'm in daily driver mode. The solution was to install the drag chain sideways.I think it worked out great!
View attachment 2367874View attachment 2367875View attachment 2367876View attachment 2367877
That looks sharp. I have a similar issue with the fridge power in my trailer... how do you think that drag chain would behave if mounted upside down?

That looks sharp. I have a similar issue with the fridge power in my trailer... how do you think that drag chain would behave if mounted upside down?

I played with that a little. You would want a bracket that runs the length to mount, otherwise it will want to ride up/over.

Verdict on the running board removal? Planning to replace them with sliders? My biggest complaint is that the rear lower Control arms are now visible. I would like a set of power boards with led lights but the are expensive and hard to find here in the US. They don’t list them available for the LC.
I reached out to AMP Research Power Boards and 2 weeks later...no response.

Verdict on the running board removal? Planning to replace them with sliders? My biggest complaint is that the rear lower Control arms are now visible. I would like a set of power boards with led lights but the are expensive and hard to find here in the US. They don’t list them available for the LC.
I reached out to AMP Research Power Boards and 2 weeks later...no response.
I personally feel the body lines flow well with or without them. Sliders will probably come in the long term, but getting 275/70/18 next week which will raise the truck some, later followed by OME or Ironman lift for even more clearance. Don't plan on doing sketchy routes just yet, so should be plenty safe (not like OEM steps do much protecting anyways).

Honestly though, it was such a quick an easy job you might as well try and see if you like it or not.

I personally feel the body lines flow well with or without them. Sliders will probably come in the long term, but getting 275/70/18 next week which will raise the truck some, later followed by OME or Ironman lift for even more clearance. Don't plan on doing sketchy routes just yet, so should be plenty safe (not like OEM steps do much protecting anyways).

Honestly though, it was such a quick an easy job you might as well try and see if you like it or not.
I feel the same way. One of the easiest changes we can do for appearance. It's a shame that Toyota didn't install actual sliders that would protect the vehicle off road. Makes no sense why an SUV that cost this much would come with plastic that offers little to no protection.

IMG_8232.PNG

Front row deep cleaning. Lots of Cheerios, popcorn, almonds, and some red candy held in place by some mystery amber goo. Found a set of keys that's given me an annoying rattle under the amp/nav box stuff. Also removed/cleaned the seat fan and blew out the hoses; can feel the ventilated seats now.
IMG_20200711_142452.jpg

Finally got my remote start installed so I can have the dealer do the techstream activation when it's in for some warranty work next week.
20200711_131904.jpg

20200711_135909.jpg

20200711_141351.jpg

20200711_143544.jpg

Is there anything else I should ask them to do in techstream while they're in there?
Planning on asking them to do the window roll down on lock button hold, and the remote start. Will also be planning on having them cut/ program the credit card key.

Front row deep cleaning. Lots of Cheerios, popcorn, almonds, and some red candy held in place by some mystery amber goo. Found a set of keys that's given me an annoying rattle under the amp/nav box stuff. Also removed/cleaned the seat fan and blew out the hoses; can feel the ventilated seats now.
View attachment 2368547

Man I need to do this! Scared of what I may find though. Looks great!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom