What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (48 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Verdict on the running board removal?

My biggest complaint is that the rear lower Control arms are now visible.

Its a truck. Like...a real truck.
In the real truck world… (As opposed to the crossover world) ...Those rear control arms are a beautiful thing, and evidence of the massive articulation ability you possess back there with a standard rear axle.

Let em show....and smile!
:steer: :meh: :cheers:

PS. On the other hand, if it visually bothers you, there are some very nice looking slider options with steps and full protection. Would make the control arms less prominent for sure.

-Have a look at Slee’s two slider options... or BudBuilt’s maany slider options, weights and step/no step options & kickout/no kickout options. serious step surfaces and angles also available.

Last edited:
Its a truck. Like...a real truck.
In the real truck world… (As opposed to the crossover world) ...Those rear control arms are a beautiful thing, and evidence of the massive articulation ability you possess back there with a standard rear axle.

Let em show....and smile!
:steer: :meh: :cheers:

BRB... I have to go out and wax my lower control arm mounts. ;)

Added extinguisher and mount.
213B92BB-686F-4FD8-B5D2-F63C5681E947.jpeg

That looks like a super effective fridge tilt!
Agreed, Alu Cab is probably the best in the business for many things. You get what you pay for!

Vacuum up all the white dog hair? :p

Not sure what you use, but I used this in my 330CI and plan on getting another for the LX. And yes, I did google it by the name I remembered it as. Tiger sheds a lot of hair!

5D833268-EDDE-4FDF-9FF5-43F99F9024FA.png

Ew, those Walmart prices!

Finished up the lighting on my Slee LX570 Sliders. Wrapping wires and general tidiness. Installed the lx570 specific AHC protection. Then I disassembled for water pump leak... Trying to clean all the pink residue off the block so i'll be able to tell if it ever leaks again.. Everclear seemed to do the trick.

It looks like mine was leaking from a hairline crack in the housing. The pink reside just started where that line was and I wiped it to reveal the crack. I'll reassemble tomorrow. Setting the AHC to low is so nice versus working on a statically lifted truck.
MicrosoftTeams-image (2).jpg

Hey @Romer or @Rigger (or whichever mod made this a sticky).. Thanks! This is a great thread that helps reduce needless momentary threads additional where someone mainly just wants to show something quickly. Great sticky move!. 👍🏼

YES!! STICKIED!!

Was literally typing this @Markuson when your response posted.

Last edited:
Picked up these in the Classifieds section today. Lugs and fresh TPMS gaskets come on Monday for install. Looking forward to getting them on!

0B9E042F-A720-4DC2-8909-C93DC372F8D2.jpeg

Hey @Romer or @Rigger (or whichever mod made this a sticky).. Thanks! This is a great thread that helps reduce needless momentary threads additional where someone mainly just wants to show something quickly. Great sticky move!. 👍🏼

Yeah I did it. I personally don't like a lot of sticky threads, but know this one is always on the move

Last day in Coconino and Tonto. Mostly closed for fire prevention. Not many obstacles but had fun nonetheless. Little hill here had a good angle to let daughter have a go. Think she was disappointed..."all i have to do is steer?"...yes baby let the cruiser make the earth move to its will...lol.

20200709_192703.jpg

20200708_172019.jpg

Changed fluids in:
-Rear diff
-Front diff
-Transfer case
-Transmission
- Oil change
-Lubed drive shafts and UCAs...

-Finally replaced both AGM batteries (they FAR outlived their expected life span ...went 5 years of crazy-heavy use).

Last edited:
^Nice. On my to do.

Step one of new to me Rock Warrior install complete. Valve stems removed and ready for the TPMS sensors from my current wheels. Lugs and new TPMS gaskets come in tomorrow so I can get the sensors moved over and the wheels/tires mounted up.

E10DF291-1D4A-4FA0-830F-441FF3A74B9A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom