What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (44 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Applied CarPro CQuartz 3.0 UK on my LC. My LC makes the sixth car I have put CQ on and it was by far the biggest pain, mostly because of the roof rack. Depending on how the CQ holds up (this is the first time I have used the 3.0 version), I may have to figure out how to get the cross bars off. Probably didn’t help that I was too lazy to take the kayak rack off too since I can’t see the roof most of the time anyway.

I did the same treatment on a friend's new GMC pickup a year ago. Still looking good.

The crossbars aren't too hard to get off, you just need a trim pry bar, pop off the rear plastic covers on the rails, near the hatch. Be careful so you don't snap off the hooks. Then the bars can slide right off. It's a dumb design that you have to take those covers off.

Yes, I'm absolutely joking. I'd never take a sedan much less a low sports car on an adventure like that. Mostly I'm poking at all the promo photos you see on various ads for "off road capable"vehicles (you know who I mean), and they are shown on basically dirt roads. I am just insanely jealous of the territory and sights you guys have access to, there's nothing like that around here.

Back in '99 I drove a fully loaded 4Runner through the Moab White Rim trail, I was the support vehicle for 5 folks on mountain bikes, it took us 3 days. One of the best trips I've ever had. Most of it was easy 2WD, but a few spots got challenging and yeah you're not usually stopping to take photos. At one steep point I climbed up to the top and found 2 families: an Explorer with a busted transfer case, and a Suburban with those bolt on low steps all bent up. They had no food, no tools, no knowledge how to fix it, and the only liquids were a cooler full of Bud Lites. I gave the kids some of our precious water, then spent some time with our tools getting the transfer back into hi range so they could continue on. They just drove on to the trail without getting permits or permission.

You joke, but my wife and I followed a Dodge Charger with fleet plates (read rental) over Cinnamon pass a couple weeks ago.

took mine on a jaunt to see Palouse Falls. Pretty cool. Unreal that Tyler Brandt kayaked off of all 189 feet of it. I get stoked to drop 5-10 foot falls. Had a good parking spot, but still no way to get the falls and 200 in the same picture unfortunately.

20200705_155511.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got one of my many dream trails checked off. Weren't able to get to Engineer pass as the weather turned later in the afternoon by the time we started making our way there. Still awesome and will be back...soon. Just had in normal L. But went East to West so used 4L for the first time ever going down that shale. Don't need to tell you guys how amazing these rigs are.

View attachment 2360660

Wow this pic is very similar to the one we snapped 2 years ago! The view never gets old.

ACtC-3ewCaHGL3Gu_X1WS5hUSMbl1wmBDjRAsV90mX5TgLCJ7-Q4ZaAAh93fH7PkcyQOnXgKW65U6kyenjNheRJcjaZ5IKBTAZpjafaaVJlHJcJkz6otntWlTWBltb36hieQAtZuR6AkPXyLPUIGaRZlKSfFOg=w1920-h835-no

Wow this pic is very similar to the one we snapped 2 years ago! The view never gets old.
/QUOTE]

Money shot no doubt. It's the one I was waiting for the whole time.

Two recent additions to the rear cargo area:

1. Toyota Heritage Edition rear mat. This was a great replacement for my worn and curled weathertech. Delivered for $70 from one of the major Toyota OEM parts sites online.
2. ORBIS FP32 hinged tote. The size is a great fit for the odds and ends that roll around in the back of my truck. Also Three of them would fit almost perfectly across the back, and be a great first layer for a long trip. I may have to order two more.

B8B9CBDA-4770-4D84-8216-76C1CEF3767C.jpeg

214A6C9E-4B2D-4B1A-ABA0-784D5A7B1FA1.jpeg

853456DA-C491-4F09-B613-87CFB9FA084B.jpeg

Last edited:
Has your rig ever gone through one of those car washes were at the last stage you are air dried with high velocity air from the top of the exit? The second time I went through one of these I saw a piece of something fly off the roof. I waited for someone to shut it down and I found that same fill trim piece on the ground. I removed the remaining pieces and put them in a box on a shelf.
Yep, same thing happened to me. Went to dealer and got a new one. Asked them to secure another one that was flapping. They didn't and I believe they press in and don't use any adhesive.

Rolled 30,000 miles rolling into Arizona a few days ago. Spent today on and around the Edge of the World in Coconino. Easy drive but found a few off the beaten path 'trails' for a little more fun. Looking forward to Colorado at end of the month.

WIN_20200707_16_46_25_Pro.jpg

WIN_20200707_16_05_18_Pro.jpg

Installed the Blue Ridge Attic. Pretty nifty. Fortunately I very rarely have any passengers in the 2nd row, as it would be kinda uncomfortable with the loss of head room. I'm only 5'-7", and it rubs my head if I sit back there. Have to recline the seat quite a bit.

IMG_20200708_114005.jpg

Man you have to post better pictures than that!

These are all I took:
LF essentially fully drooped
LR essentially fully stuffed
RR fully drooped (off the ground)
RF fully stuffed (on bumpstops)

20200706_101042.jpg

20200706_101103.jpg

20200706_101336.jpg

20200706_101330.jpg

20200706_101227.jpg

Few more:
20200706_101222.jpg

20200706_101142.jpg

20200706_101136.jpg

Awesome! No lift, no spacers?

Tundra Conversion up front, 1.75" adapters in the rear to match the front track width.
OEM Tundra front struts on OEM strut spacers and Durobumps Tundra bumpstops in the front. (1" lift)
OME 2721 rear springs with Airbagman HD bags in the rear. (1" lift)

This thread should be a sticky...

Hit this on our trip (just a baby). Also another milestone...working on a full trip report with a ton of pics this time.

20200705_012510.jpg
20200709_114044.jpg
20200709_113840.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom