What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (35 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had serpentine belt replaced. Original dried out. Recently purchased 2015 LX @ 63k miles. Dealer was kind enough to pay the tab. Picking her up tomorrow.

How does the Serp belt on 4 YO car dry out? Especially with 63k?

It turns out the front drivers seat is incredibly easy to remove. Just for bolts, disconnect three plugs, and then just tip it back and out-of-the-way.

And from now on if you ever have to get to that pesky screw you can just lift the lid!! Good stuff. That's a lot of expense and execution by Toyota for something I may never use!

How does the Serp belt on 4 YO car dry out? Especially with 63k?

That’s what the shop told me. I’ll inspect the belt tomorrow. Kinda scratching my head on that one also.... I will say that when I pulled up previous service records, previous owner reported squeaking in engine bay and was remedied by belt dressing. That was at 59k.

I can confirm that the LX mat is a perfect fit for the LC, provided you can stomach the prominent LEXUS branding! Pics to come.
I lied -- It's dark when I go to work and dark when I get home. I'll take some photos on Saturday.

Wooooo!
Coolbox working and colder than ever!
Relieved that it wasn’t an utter waste of time.

Haven’t put it all back together yet, but at least it’s going to end well. :)

**Also... Holy cow! After fully evacuating and completely replacing ALL A/C refrigerant... the AC is colder than ANY I’ve ever felt in any vehicle! I mean like spittin ice cubes!

If you have an older Cruiser...you may want to have Toyota do a full flush and re-fill. Thinking 100+ days in Moab are going to be s different experience when the AC can crank like this one does now.

I have previously added refrigerant myself in the past & it did improve things, but man this AC is a super hero now!

Last edited:
I've wired the dashcam directly from the moonroof motor power. The power are the 2 larger wire which expose once the sunglasses holder is removed.

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

Wooooo!

**Also... Holy cow! After fully evacuating and completely replacing ALL A/C refrigerant... the AC is colder than ANY I’ve ever felt in any vehicle! I mean like spittin ice cubes!

If you have an older Cruiser...you may want to have Toyota do a full flush and re-fill. Thinking 100+ days in Moab are going to be s different experience when the AC can crank like this one does now.

I have previously added refrigerant myself in the past & it did improve things, but man this AC is a super hero now!
Just curious, what did the dealer charge you for the full flush and recharge on your a/c? I noticed that the a/c on my 2010 was not as cold as usual towards the end of last summer....and have service on my list before spring.

Just curious, what did the dealer charge you for the full flush and recharge on your a/c? I noticed that the a/c on my 2010 was not as cold as usual towards the end of last summer....and have service on my list before spring.

$197...but it wasn't just a recharge. You probably know, but recharges usually just add refrigerant to system that's lost pressure or was just undercharged. Anyone can do that with a can and nozzle from Home Depot, etc. for about $50 (I've done this before).

In my case the system emptied completely and all at once because it was OPEN (I screwed up).

So water got in (from the super-freezing and condensation that follows an open hole). Also end up losing oil that's in there with the refrigerant.,
So...instead of just recharging, they evacuated all fluid and water, create a vacuum to get the air out, and then completely charge +plus the funky oil.

For the full flush, vacuum, fill & test to make sure I sealed everything up properly
it was $197 including refrigerant, labor and tax.
I thought that was pretty reasonable.

Last edited:
$197...but it wasn't just a recharge. You probably know, but recharges usually just add refrigerant to system that's lost pressure or was just undercharged. Anyone can do that with a can and nozzle from Home Depot, etc. for about $50 (I've done this before).

In my case the system emptied completely and all at once because it was OPEN (I screwed up).

So water got in (from the super-freezing and condensation that follows an open hole). Also end up losing oil that's in there with the refrigerant.,
So...instead of just recharging, they evacuated all fluid and water, create a vacuum to get the air out, and then completely charge +plus the funky oil.

For the full flush, vacuum, fill & test to make sure I sealed everything up properly
it was $197 including refrigerant, labor and tax.
I thought that was pretty reasonable.
Thanks for the info. I might try just adding a bit first, see if it does the trick.

Thanks for the info. I might try just adding a bit first, see if it does the trick.

Adding definitely helped mine a while back, but the full re-do is Insanely cold now.

If you do it yourself, it's easy to over-fill. I overfilled mine at first (when I did the can thing), and it was making the compressor cycle on and off in a weird way. Worked...but kept noticeably deactivating the compressor for short intervals. I released the pressure to a better range and it was all better after that.

Last edited:
Adding definitely helped mine a while back, and it's night and day now.

If you do it yourself, it's easy to over-fill. I overfilled mine at first (when I did the can thing), and it was making the compressor cycle on and off in a weird way. Worked...but kept noticeably deactivating the compressor for short intervals. I released the pressure to a better range and it was all better after that.
Thanks for the heads up. As I said, I have a 2010, and the a/c has been fine, never any service needed. It wasn’t until the last run of hot days last summer that I noticed it not being as cool as I anticipated. On my list of spring maintenance....thanks again!:cheers:

Wooooo!

Really glad this worked out. It would have been a real bummer if after all that work it couldn’t get fixed. I know you like to “fiddle” with your truck but having success after all that work makes is so much better! :cheers:

I added an SBB2 NMO dual band HAM antenna. This is a bit shorter than the SBB5 NMO that I normally run. The SBB2 is the same height as my roof rack and does not hit my 7 foot opening garage door.
zzzxYALUw_W2cIsR8SMhL7kVv3pQrxaKUbwqE7qso9zKSJlI-a2eGUEThhXusGtcP5td8P1jw7aCmQQVBhldE-voMwhudhoP6UItmRyYxs251zZbyHqZnl8vgEcBSCDN-ks2bGHDI7qf1panJWl1H4kAVDBgC6pcNZcvF8sSqg9BpuatN_HC4cxDonxv1NYTT1sGPvHeh-nSMaIVsKQwqiR_zZ5UM7FcP1JdrF-k_wdIEEeDpXJjmyxQoNv7s-l2yUM1gN86MYmJrMNke0KcwxBLRigHu48tLk2RE2DXnf8ZTSkOPNpEuYxdWuOBuyfVpAUJii6efw9O7nB1ONzCGrcfFLyCgEROAVB9yDSMdQRxi--lcvqwAT44Ek-Sz_zJoiqfa7UweMVX862mQWidmoL3f7osoeOsSDwRvKVqSIfeGgPC_gJFo7Vnp_O7qE2RI1TYsO_ExHwFUvUWdz0kqgjug2kAsIFPZIArMPMDM8yIt8QTD90jjnzgi6-ETvnpscgzGV_4Zu1FJ9FMQnf2BVxleuH-GGsxu2ex9eSJACpK8LAfhZWPWzIbWayiFaUqGDqLomnZYtQNhlGoanNW6I1l48dvXIgQhHfG0yMzO0QokOd3PcvxP1dkiaal1I1xxJtGKYCIwr2by_n1USSgYJV3=w690-h920-no

Additionally, I added a Trasharoo. This is an awesome accessory that I won in the monthly Rising Sun Club Raffle this month (thanks to @sleeoffroad for providing it to the raffle!).
hbcF1qMuT7aP9Ls9F0coLBKPbX6uKYCyF_2zL7m0IQ8db5GqdHInGuvTStCipnDbAO2TFFmys4kJhEDo8RbvW12ja4gv6cEruiQ5tFEOBY168i_po4YbP4eJaposETa75iH3dTxJu1zgcgmkr5inMKX8WawQA865VGRc6wKjJRIpKC6SQFUzBCNm1QjRXvOOC30vU8NmIpkemqrrVzm95t6QoFcwk8_RwOSDSnagEhqUNActum-3BJRUJad2kVjsXrYRVh25NjD4df8GGAr0m3eqZTFUmKVbwdXCTn5-FjUxDE9iwU2lnGUXmHzmvvnNDh1d0G25p42SwuJU0ZEZ4F1Hl_oor9uvTBUt1zrwMY4eEzQk6u0JAajlHBu4nGMd8KftXWvbnjGhZ3WzmBK5-p2brl4DkByj_yZJ6EjC-0_hFhwPdhvX4pjjJWrSG-iKZUtvjZmppxz58YxCJpEyCFWtfXpNsQUlDIAarcxjrE1bwREo2jA01jkpZbQFOPp1czLshUShVgh-EjRnE9gKBACfRraCdDafI7b8_kk_DrkNG99mMiLGijgE1WWaFpdeNinBICnc6onxSiDAxnuSAAEldkoWerp28NyBCbf8OXg0re0xi-qv4wa9tzkJwV1F8ntqH6CCYnGr8os6mFC-xDp0=w690-h920-no

I've also added a 48" Hi-Lift Extreme that my lovely wife gave me. The 48" version is also below the roof rack.
eE5w0o3NWm2tkqUp2vrpkBeooSPMwf4I2KRImdXHiQYhwX7JirNOwgM9fObM4IMlR3kAAuIv7FUMrwL_Q-s9M0Z64_rZyXZqaOTr3g7F-457emr2dRT0p_i25c-cyKVluJH_bNaQA2w3J5F8hRXe5h6Yjmh8knDLmpAAIejjcrycxhlZ2OL067xQhQwkvx8I7bZaHHP6yyzUhmaNobuy4MiQXxf3AMR-AZN4QIe6nZ9ywqh3kZiHZx_5XeZa3AuPVmnEaD0YUU7CVqpgGeAqIAIXYsLIvOBVzPSWLJS8B4n6E1pH62n43UEK0q6kg86QhQl7KMMhtZlE9WnjXqzao4qoVjNgI0lMXWrldXGCbXwlqWVRWp1sonjySG4y_Ec9bIy1IyCofYVgF-MqhPxWdm8iB4YfLD34HOWz963rSaU9QzNI7ptVCRVQfpTgKBmrEJze-XFTTVmjNgk0n-GMr3lPsm5ZtgF7k7NMoJgMOSVN1W3cL41KcDtGIL5VNYTqAalc-kBOEtTgPtCJyZ0GuXYkqW_cHV4D03RoP1IDMzcfQrUkGCOzKEXF2MqQYt2zG0lmp8R6xNHchiZzj68hpV6MKEdUcEaTfzGQ5omw0Ay08Wgte_wnSTs-dl5q2p21npECImh7TdYhd0xtSSBFrNXn=w690-h920-no

Lastly, I added some ARB recovery point given to me by my wife for Christmas (XMAS came early since we are going to Mexico tomorrow).
-5RNDXGFygapffFCWUsSNf6H1SvnY7J6UVE8ePbBHo830pUsWaZsdRjt8Qj3U-KM_6kw-03xcDGTf7-jv-wfcR3tqbC0Kpi7hJuiI5APl_C7VKm1VK7dASgbECRqtdPYOmKg8Z3XN7p3wQQ0WzZT3F-EIdt2v_UAOi97jul3AWPxAJ5wF1BLi1qOOzLSPAcBJ8pThLWoM9gFuo-SpLF8-tojFZrGvEmamJ6hJsf5wJRCLlGwtzJ4mvAyyJASMjSpx8YvCknflN-UHUbyi0gTI-8nrRogh9R6zsw10TguTXerWp293PC06i5tRTuOC_KCwx02NeFzE8PPPNNnTduDarq0821Ye971RsSFjvx7d1ZBsNeqRsVi4rSNTGEru8ckjEzvR7oXhq1R4dBs_8GI0-H3cvMYdA9ALgY6W43svO7T2c9bkK0GNZbh_B6cX90PW5aIlM-3T7mNi0xveG8uxKBRkihTOjRL9wACbtAJdyX3A-7tYgqaTf-5MUEgBpnE02y8QnHcJNXm4gpRHimf5hMHFq0Pq4_gg8TINZ1axgnse3VwadbRqXM4NHiqCUTqfO7VHu9KsGz_VSjqtO7g6o1aqsnL2jAsbBprLAbKCE5uDeaPgJ3Qpkqht9qvhTi2HU9YS_3YGcRQYMZf0sIzETJv=w1227-h920-no

BTW, all three of our Land Cruisers are garaged. All others have to park outside. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom