What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (55 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yesterday I got under the truck to hunt down why windshield fluid tank leaks and after tearing it down I discovered that the hose connecting the headlights washer was disconnected. I was happy that I was spared changing the tank.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421533705.996098.jpg

However, even after reconnecting the hose, the headlight washers still don't work despite the sound of the bump.

Today I got to hunt down the reason for stuttering in the engine performance that has been bugging me for a while. I didn't have code for it but there was a noticeable performance problem. I bought an ignition coil and started changing them one by one and testing each one. I was lucky that I got it on the third coil which had noticeable burning marks. When I turned the car on it was clear that it was the faulty one.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421534214.163234.jpg

While working there I noticed that the throttle cable has some slack and not tight. Is this normal?
I say this because I know I have problems with the throttle body as I feel that the car is sometimes slowing when I lift my foot of the throttle like something is pulling the car back where it should cruise a little. Here's a picture and a short clip that shows the cable. Any input from the experts is appreciated.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421534721.386333.jpg

2001 LC - 122k miles 3 months new to me. Finally got around to getting some now tires which came with the stock tundra wheels.
Need to figure out how to get the front wheel center caps to fit...

image2.jpeg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1421557444.855020.jpg

Completed the master cylinder rebuild today as per Skidoo's write-up. No more sticky pedal! Installed Pfran LEDs all around on the inside and outside (except headlight/fog lights), replaced old hood-lift cylinders, and put on a wheel skin to take care of my aging leather steering wheel. Quite a weekend.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1421557659.267889.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1421557676.155923.jpg

I bought a set of the Strongarm brand from Amazon.
]

I paid $36/pair plus $13 shipping, sales tax. Amazon was about the same at the time. Some others like Lou's service, so i went with it. Strong arm was the brand

I worked on the trailer for a bit this weekend and decided to take an artsy fartsy picture. Still a lot of work to skin the fenders and make mounts for jerry cans and propane tanks but it's getting there.

10895292_379302388906535_912300946_n.jpg

I filled up my LX470 gas tank. It was running on fumes. I used my local grocery stores rewards points and got gas down to 1.33. Filled up the whole tank for 27 dollars. I can imagine that's what people were filling up for back in 2000 when the car was made.

Decided I would dig into my non-working parking brake, since there was a squealing sound that came from the driver's side and then went away two weeks ago. I knew I was going to likely need some new parts, so I was putting off tearing it apart because I knew it would be down for a few days waiting for parts....I was more correct than I knew...
Sheared two wheel studs on the driver's side. All the lug nuts were gorilla tight, and my friend and I swear we remember torquing them correctly after installing my OME coils back in April. When I pulled the rotor, I found more surprises, although, not as bad as I had thought it might be...two rusty springs just floating around in there....
Carnage:

After opening up the passenger side, I realized where those springs came from:

the remainder of those retainers were completely gone!

Called my nearby dealer and was able to source the studs immediately after breaking them, but they didn't have any other parts and they wanted $20 per lug nut! Two days for all the parking brake parts, so I decided I would just order elsewhere. Shoes were fine, but passenger side bell crank is seized solid, so I ordered a new one of those too, along with a few other miscellaneous horseshoe clips and pins.

I guess I might as well have the rotors turned while I'm waiting for parts.....and maybe paint the outer shells...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom