What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (61 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe. Will have to look when I get home but I don't feel like it was tall enough to house them both vertically.

Maybe. Will have to look when I get home but I don't feel like it was tall enough to house them both vertically.
Filters install horzontally… install the first one, and it will slide vertically to the bottom of the airbox.

The second filter will install horizontally on top of the first filter that went down to the bottom of the airbox.

The filters have small clips on the edge and will engage with each other to create one tall filter.

I see now, didn't realize there was a lower filter when I did mine!

Found an older LC in the junkyard that didn't have a CD changer in the center console so I bought it just to get the bigger bottom box. Swapped just the bottom black "well" of the console over to mine which gives much more room with the CD changer removed. Just a small amount of modification with a sawzall. Forgot to get a picture of my newly modified console but it obviously looks stock just without a useless CD changer taking up half of the space.

My old shifter surround has some scuffs and the woodgrain sticker is peeling and faded so I put the junkyard one in and it looks much better. I'll put an ad up soon for it plus the junkyard center console which now features a slot for a CD changer! I guess nobody would buy my rig now because I lack the knowledge or resources to fix the broken CD changer. No kidding, a supporting vendor on this site literally told me that not fixing factory optional equipment would make buyers "walk away" from the LC even though the thread wasn't about resale value. He assumes that owners that don't fix things back to factory spec are "bad" owners that can't be trusted. I still get a kick out of his comments even months later. Hard to believe people like him exist. To be fair I did replace the diff fluid with peanut butter to save money.

It's hard to believe how much muck is under that shifter surround and console. It actually looked like somebody put tar down where the hand brake cable attaches. Plus I found about a dollars worth of change, some of it in that tar.

I also painted the front speaker grill after removing the damaged cloth. Taking the door cards off is simple and quick. Also replaced the door pull surround with one from the junkyard while I was in there. Thought the front speaker needed to be re-foamed but they were polk audio replacements, so I used the refoam kit on the subwoofer which was stock and it was badly damaged.

Finally, I had the ignition cylinder keyed to match the door key. Previous owner must have replaced it. $30 at the locksmith plus the cost of a replacement key blank.

So, lots of hours doing stuff that almost nobody will notice!

shifter2.jpg

console3.jpg

console2.jpg

console1.jpg

Our 99 came with the setup, but no filters installed. Assume it came with filters from the factory and somewhere along the line someone pulled them out and never replaced them. So we bought the two filters and popped em in. Easy.

My 99 came with the filter door but no filters (second owner going on 18 years). Unless there was a write up on here about it, I doubt I would have ever known about the setup. Based on many comments on here over the years, 99 MY did not come with filters installed. Just the door.

Installed a new “atoto” headunit in place of an old one that gave out. Pretty solid for $140 with Apple CarPlay. Figuring out a bug with the backup camera though

Looks great! Links to where you got the bezels and camera?
Im probably going to go the same way.

Installed Warn Winch VR EVO 12s and the Ironman bumper and connected the fog lights. I still have side lights to do. I also installed the repaired seatbelt pre-tensioner that I got back from Safety Restore in MA, and the truck passed the inspection, too! I need to update my profile picture now! (yes I fixed the license plate too)

IMG_4383.jpeg

IMG_4395.jpeg

IMG_4411.jpeg

I got a dumb q, but what does this do? My driver side lock switch does not unlock the rest of the doors. I can only unlock all doors using my key fob. I have been wondering what to do to fix it
The relay is what transforms the signal to unlock the doors into power for the actuators. If your FOB works but the door panel doesn’t, you probably have a different issue. However…these trucks are going on 20+ years old with thousands of cycles on the relays. Not a bad idea to replace them since they are cheap, but they’re a royal pain in the arse to access.

Installed the Desert Does It Seat Jacker on the driver side this last weekend. Very happy with the build quality of the product and how easy they were to install. Seat feels a lot more comfortable (I am 6'3' and ~210lbs) and appreciate how they feel a little more bucket-y.

View attachment 3537037
I’m the same size as you are and I like it quite a bit. Only thing is, there’s a squeak when the body rolls. Not sure if it’s coming from the springs in the seat cushion or the jacker attachment. Too cold to mess with it right now.

I’m the same size as you are and I like it quite a bit. Only thing is, there’s a squeak when the body rolls. Not sure if it’s coming from the springs in the seat cushion or the jacker attachment. Too cold to mess with it right now.
Hmmm. If it helps at all I have not noticed any squeaking. But now I hope that I don’t, lol

The relay is what transforms the signal to unlock the doors into power for the actuators. If your FOB works but the door panel doesn’t, you probably have a different issue. However…these trucks are going on 20+ years old with thousands of cycles on the relays. Not a bad idea to replace them since they are cheap, but they’re a royal pain in the arse to access.
Just thought about it…I would take a look at the wiring going from the door to the body. Bet you probably have a wire or two that’s broken over time..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom