What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (70 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There is but I was already pretty sure I was going to add lights for reverse lighting*. Once I'd made that decision and added the top brake lights, I changed out the ARB ones to LED bulbs to lighten the load.

* As soon as I mounted the ARB reverse light I hated it. It added a whole extra set of steps/layer of complexity to accessing the spare tire.

Maybe I was finding excuses and building a case to buy the chase lights. Who knows :lol:
Right on. Nevertheless, it looks amazing and those chase lights complemented the whole setup. The rear is definitely visible from other other motorists up to the eye level semi drivers.

I use the Valvoline synthetic in plastic bags. So much nicer than a pump.

View attachment 3272726

Will never go back to the hard bottles. Made doing the front diff super easy. Would have been tough and messy with the bottle and pump.

What's your reasoning for not liking the butyl tape that most use to reseal the fixture?
Wondering that too. The main reason for going with the butyl tape is that it's forgiving to work with and comes off easy. No leaks either in almost two years.

Bought her an Ironman Foam Cell Pro 2" kit. And rcvd a National Luna battery monitor. So more heatshrink and soldering in my future...

Went into the city, got booted, almost curbed a tire and flicked off somebody in a Range Rover that was tailgating.

Good week.

99F24B43-CDD5-4FB9-9AB1-EBAB13D7713C.jpeg

Monday- Replaced my pastic license plate surround with a silicone one from Tactillian. Now there's notably less rattling when I shut the top gate.

Tuesday- Replaced the interior lights with LEDs

Thursday- Replaced the shifter with a new OEM one, as the leather was SO bad. Managed to not look up any instructions and try to take short cuts and turned a half hour job into an hour and a half job where I borked my OD switch. Disconnected the switch and ordered a replacement. At least now I know how to NOT do that.

Friday- Having replaced a plug and coil last week, I noticed the coil housing was particularly dirty, and suspected the valve cover gasket. So I replaced the VCGs, all the coils, and all the plugs, saving the cheap replacement coil I bought last week as a spare for future issues.

Saturday- Installed the 3" extension for the Hi-Lo shifter. The whole reason I started looking to buy another car was because my right wrist is no longer fully functional, making a manual difficult to drive some days. That Hi-Lo shifter was not good for it, but now its SOOOO much better!

Its been a while so Ive done a few updates.

After smashing off my reversing camera with my trailer hitch, using my thumb as a centre punch, I finally replaced the reversing camera with a better quality and mounted it up high on the ladder rack.

My car had also finally been finished from the body shop, with the last couple of little window trims, and windscreen flashings are now installed.

Then just because I decided that I definitely need it to help towing, had the mechanic fit up the spring helper air bags. But now need to work out what my actual ride height should be. He said it might already have a 2" lift which was news to me!

I really am starting to feel like its nearing completion....
Once I replace the seats
And get the engineering inspection
And maybe better mirrors
Also the stereo is a bit s***

I noticed at work the other day something didn’t look right about the back of my 100.. sure enough I was missing my rear spoiler.

Long story short, I recall hearing a loud smacking sound while I was driving down some country roads, assumed I kicked up a rock or something. I actually ended up going back to where I heard the noise and my spoiler, or pieces of it, were laying in the ditch.

Would love to replace it, but absolutely will not be paying the ridiculous prices people ask for these so delete for now it is. 🥲

47023F18-9665-48DE-8E9D-69F1B800E177.jpeg

I noticed at work the other day something didn’t look right about the back of my 100.. sure enough I was missing my rear spoiler.

Long story short, I recall hearing a loud smacking sound while I was driving down some country roads, assumed I kicked up a rock or something. I actually ended up going back to where I heard the noise and my spoiler, or pieces of it, were laying in the ditch.

Would love to replace it, but absolutely will not be paying the ridiculous prices people ask for these so delete for now it is. 🥲

View attachment 3285744
Your license plate seems to reflect your emotions at the moment!

There are a few eBay options that will paint it to match before shipping.
FWIW, all 100 series wings were cheap after market crap installed stateside after the trucks got off the ship from Japan.

View attachment 3285744
Somebody had one for $300 shipped the other day—best price I’ve seen in a bit.

View attachment 3285744
I'm not sure if this one will work for you but it was recently posted for $350

And the seller is also selling some oem glass headlights but unfortunately they are LC100 instead of LX470 or I would have to buy them.

And the seller is also selling some oem glass headlights but unfortunately they are LC100 instead of LX470 or I would have to buy them.
Sounds like a good opportunity to do a front-end swap! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom