What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Its been a while so Ive done a few updates.

After smashing off my reversing camera with my trailer hitch, using my thumb as a centre punch, I finally replaced the reversing camera with a better quality and mounted it up high on the ladder rack.

My car had also finally been finished from the body shop, with the last couple of little window trims, and windscreen flashings are now installed.

Then just because I decided that I definitely need it to help towing, had the mechanic fit up the spring helper air bags. But now need to work out what my actual ride height should be. He said it might already have a 2" lift which was news to me!

I really am starting to feel like its nearing completion....
Once I replace the seats
And get the engineering inspection
And maybe better mirrors
Also the stereo is a bit s***

Sitting in a box since November. Finally got to it yesterday.

20230326_103527.jpg

I noticed at work the other day something didn’t look right about the back of my 100.. sure enough I was missing my rear spoiler.

Long story short, I recall hearing a loud smacking sound while I was driving down some country roads, assumed I kicked up a rock or something. I actually ended up going back to where I heard the noise and my spoiler, or pieces of it, were laying in the ditch.

Would love to replace it, but absolutely will not be paying the ridiculous prices people ask for these so delete for now it is. 🥲

47023F18-9665-48DE-8E9D-69F1B800E177.jpeg

I noticed at work the other day something didn’t look right about the back of my 100.. sure enough I was missing my rear spoiler.

Long story short, I recall hearing a loud smacking sound while I was driving down some country roads, assumed I kicked up a rock or something. I actually ended up going back to where I heard the noise and my spoiler, or pieces of it, were laying in the ditch.

Would love to replace it, but absolutely will not be paying the ridiculous prices people ask for these so delete for now it is. 🥲

View attachment 3285744
Your license plate seems to reflect your emotions at the moment!

There are a few eBay options that will paint it to match before shipping.
FWIW, all 100 series wings were cheap after market crap installed stateside after the trucks got off the ship from Japan.

View attachment 3285744
Somebody had one for $300 shipped the other day—best price I’ve seen in a bit.

View attachment 3285744
I'm not sure if this one will work for you but it was recently posted for $350

And the seller is also selling some oem glass headlights but unfortunately they are LC100 instead of LX470 or I would have to buy them.

And the seller is also selling some oem glass headlights but unfortunately they are LC100 instead of LX470 or I would have to buy them.
Sounds like a good opportunity to do a front-end swap! ;)

$300 is the cheapest I’ve seen in a year.
Why not delete it? What are the benefits of having it?
I might break mine soon or later as it is too close to the 360° awning arms.

Why not delete it? What are the benefits of having it?
I might break mine soon or later as it is too close to the 360° awning arms.
Are there any real or perceived benefits, other than cosmetic? I can't imagine it increases fuel efficiency to a measurable degree. Maybe just to avoid having to deal with the holes in the body?

Are there any real or perceived benefits, other than cosmetic? I can't imagine it increases fuel efficiency to a measurable degree. Maybe just to avoid having to deal with the holes in the body?
It helps prevent build up of dust and other weather related particles from obscuring the view of the rear window, to my understanding. Other than that, it's purely aesthetic.

New window mouldings.

022E7A31-E850-47CD-BE96-A059050498AB.jpeg

C86CF292-5ECD-414C-A583-906227B591A0.jpeg

37889E03-ECD9-4A3E-ABEB-79F069D4B3DE.jpeg

DFEF5532-459A-4B11-BE2B-0975E53CC9BE.jpeg

8BF4681E-2796-4B25-B9E7-E90CAB8EE0CE.jpeg

Ran over a bolt on my way to work today. So I figured it was time for some new rubber

View attachment 3287281

Hey man, you uh....have any extra bolts? Been having some baaaaaad ideas lately :rofl:
IMG_1649.jpeg

(That's not me, not my wheel, and not my tire. But it could be?)

A friend told me about Collinite. It’s amazing! I should have included a before pic. I park mine outside and it gets pretty dingy. Especially the hood and fender hips. Normal washing won’t remove it. This stuff did. And so much easier than a clay bar. Look for the 325 All in One although I’m going to order the 845 as a finishing wax as well.

84D6EB4C-7AE4-4A2C-939F-BC25979EB2B7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom