What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (64 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Almost 250K miles, calipers are starting to stick, i see uneven brake wear on left vs right side. Might as well take this opportunity to replace the calipers, these are just Nappa rebuilt ones but i've used them in the past on a lot of 4 piston toyotas without issues so i think they should do the trick.

52607097498_a74bbb8e16_b.jpg

52607505566_a8fec22c5c_b.jpg

Good thing i caught it in time, pads were about to destroy the rotor

52607004107_59522cf4b4_h.jpg

Nice and shiny, braking is a lot smoother afterwards, it was jerky before with the sticky pistons. Turns out, both sides had 1 or 2 sticky pistons, very common on Toyota trucks, esp in the NE. Time will tell how long they last but if i can get 3-4 years out of it, i'd be happy.

52607765824_ec402ff242_b.jpg

Last edited:
My truck sits under a carport at my retired parents house most of the time and when they travel, or forget to drive it occasionally my battery kept dying. I have it in Dallas this month and never found a questionable parasitic draw (23-34Ma), but went ahead and disconnected the cd changer I never use as a precaution. Installed the Noco Genius 2, so my Dad can conveniently plug it in when they're gone. I'm a little concerned about heat, so I'll probably adjust the mounting location, but it's a pretty slick
IMG_5497.jpg
IMG_5538.jpg
setup.

My truck sits under a carport at my retired parents house most of the time and when they travel, or forget to drive it occasionally my battery kept dying. I have it in Dallas this month and never found a questionable parasitic draw (23-34Ma), but went ahead and disconnected the cd changer I never use as a precaution. Installed the Noco Genius 2, so my Dad can conveniently plug it in when they're gone. I'm a little concerned about heat, so I'll probably adjust the mounting location, but it's a pretty slickView attachment 3209971View attachment 3209972 setup.

Have a similar setup, only i put mine in front of the airbox. It's been a few years and running strong, even with all the engine heat. I wouldn't worry about it.

Been getting extra bad mileage and check engine lights so I finally got around to cleaning my MAF sensor, wish I had taken a photo. bit embarrassing how dirty it was. Got some goodies from Autozone so maintenance this weekend if this good central Texas weather holds on

Interesting couple days. Noticed a drip by the passenger side kick panel after it had been parked nose down a couple days and I was too lazy to clear all the snow off the roof. Assumed sunroof drains block, took the cross bars off to make clearing the roof snow off easier. Next day drove it for work and when I left the P light would stay on when shifted and the door locks repeatedly unlocked for a good five minutes. Dash lights on and PO750 code thrown. Pulled the carpet back to find a nice little icy mess/mass. Disconnected the battery, unplugged all the terminals in the area and blew them out with compressed air followed by some terminal cleaner. No corrosion so that’s a plus. Plugged everything back in and all is well. As for the drainage issue, not resolved yet, there was build up of road ice blocking the drains so I’ll need to keep up on that and park ass down until it’s warm enough for the drains to thaw and be cleared. Ran a space heater with the carpet pulled back for about a day and got the carpet nearly dried out.
B1859184-AACE-4695-BF0E-1294E4AEFF9F.jpeg
177A7F34-1725-48A5-B79F-F18F44E8F18D.jpeg
154A20BD-58A0-4D4B-8187-5982B7CD7720.jpeg

In other news, noticed the bumper sagging a little recently but didn’t think much of it. Gave it a rinse today and noticed some dick bag must of tagged the old girl…and of course went on their merry way. Undoubtably happened in front of my place, so that’s cool, very neighborly of you who ever you are. Just two more reasons to make me hate winter even more.
136AF01F-4666-4C54-AD15-A6C1E318B38B.jpeg

Been working on refining the gasket for our chase light, went from open cell foam, to closed cell neoprene, and also started laser cutting the gaskets, it’s so much better!

BBAD5E6A-2BDC-42F1-95B8-2C67D68729EA.jpeg

459A37C4-EB8C-4CF2-A6C7-26F3EA8772F4.jpeg

E8B526ED-79EC-4288-B218-78FA2D0CAF83.png

46F61BC1-8E41-4063-98F5-560427390275.jpeg

Upgraded my battery terminals last year because my negative kept coming loose. Only problem was that I needed a 90 degree bracket to connect generic marine battery terminals. Made a simple one at the time with scrap carbon steel to get the car back on the road. Finally had time to come back and make a proper brass one. Small job but it was bugging me for a while.

IMG_3338.jpeg

Installed new heater tees from my Impex order and swapped out the interior bulbs for leds. Tees must have been recently replaced but I didn’t know and they are cheap. 1st picture is the ones I took out.

1F4B59A0-9DFE-4E4D-808E-655D18F47ABB.jpeg

CEF3D4C9-CC93-449D-83FE-624B686D749E.jpeg

336109F5-E2C8-4762-B781-6E0ECFC36772.jpeg

41A1E7C6-44C8-4EAD-B365-02A70284F800.jpeg

interior LEDs are a game changer, swapped mine with lasfit last year and love them
I went with Auxito for the 194 lights. I tried their 3175 bulbs but the adjustable spring was too hard to use so I went with iBrightstar for the 3175 and they went in much easier. Both were Amazon Choice or their best sellers. I like the light and look much better. I'll be ordering some new covers for my courtesy lights next order from Partsouq. Mine have cracks on them and are only $5.

Still have the 100 in Europe…have put 12k miles on it since we shipped it into Amsterdam for our long trip.

Just got the oil changed at a Toy dealer in France. Nearly fainted when they told me how much it’d cost, but after years of doing everything but alignments myself I’m still thousands ahead….

Special bonus—my display is now in French😂 They must’ve done an update or refresh. Thank goodness they didn’t turn the stupid auto retracting steering wheel back on.

33AF8B3A-3240-4AC6-91B0-A0518DD592DE.jpeg

Installed Depo headlights with d2s projectors and xb35 ballasts during a break in the snow. Still need to aim them properly, but what a difference.

I was planning to retrofit my oem headlights but ended up finding these at a salvage yard while looking for a spare set. I'll probably still do the retrofit since I already have all of the parts and prefer the glass two piece headlights. These will likely be for sale in a few months if anyone's interested.

IMG_1270.jpeg

IMG_1272.jpeg

Almost 250K miles, calipers are starting to stick, i see uneven brake wear on left vs right side.
What were your symptoms of sticking calipers? I have what feels like bad rotors (shaking wheel, consistent pulsing) but they haven’t got worse over the past year, rotors look fine, and emergency braking isn’t comprised. A sticking caliper might be my issue.

What were your symptoms of sticking calipers? I have what feels like bad rotors (shaking wheel, consistent pulsing) but they haven’t got worse over the past year, rotors look fine, and emergency braking isn’t comprised. A sticking caliper might be my issue.

It's like lurching when i brake, didn't feel the shake in the steering wheel but truck would lurch, or sometimes when i let go of brake the truck doesn't move unless you give it a little gas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom