What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed some Stedi fog lights

4625393329151472835.jpg

interior LEDs are a game changer, swapped mine with lasfit last year and love them
I went with Auxito for the 194 lights. I tried their 3175 bulbs but the adjustable spring was too hard to use so I went with iBrightstar for the 3175 and they went in much easier. Both were Amazon Choice or their best sellers. I like the light and look much better. I'll be ordering some new covers for my courtesy lights next order from Partsouq. Mine have cracks on them and are only $5.

Still have the 100 in Europe…have put 12k miles on it since we shipped it into Amsterdam for our long trip.

Just got the oil changed at a Toy dealer in France. Nearly fainted when they told me how much it’d cost, but after years of doing everything but alignments myself I’m still thousands ahead….

Special bonus—my display is now in French😂 They must’ve done an update or refresh. Thank goodness they didn’t turn the stupid auto retracting steering wheel back on.

33AF8B3A-3240-4AC6-91B0-A0518DD592DE.jpeg

Installed Depo headlights with d2s projectors and xb35 ballasts during a break in the snow. Still need to aim them properly, but what a difference.

I was planning to retrofit my oem headlights but ended up finding these at a salvage yard while looking for a spare set. I'll probably still do the retrofit since I already have all of the parts and prefer the glass two piece headlights. These will likely be for sale in a few months if anyone's interested.

IMG_1270.jpeg

IMG_1272.jpeg

Almost 250K miles, calipers are starting to stick, i see uneven brake wear on left vs right side.
What were your symptoms of sticking calipers? I have what feels like bad rotors (shaking wheel, consistent pulsing) but they haven’t got worse over the past year, rotors look fine, and emergency braking isn’t comprised. A sticking caliper might be my issue.

What were your symptoms of sticking calipers? I have what feels like bad rotors (shaking wheel, consistent pulsing) but they haven’t got worse over the past year, rotors look fine, and emergency braking isn’t comprised. A sticking caliper might be my issue.

It's like lurching when i brake, didn't feel the shake in the steering wheel but truck would lurch, or sometimes when i let go of brake the truck doesn't move unless you give it a little gas.

Un-installed IBS battery monitor and relay. Installed Redarc BCDC-1225. Charging both batteries with external charger, then having a look at how the 55w solar panel does maintaining the charge. IBS will be for sale soon.

From 12/28-1/4/23 me and the family drove about 1300 miles up the central valley of Californian then down the eastern side of the Sierras on 395. Visited my parents who live a little north of Sacramento then my aunt and uncle in Gardnerville, NV. Truck did great but it needs a tire balance and an alignment and some better rear springs. Gear for 2 adults and 2 kids for almost 7 days is a little much for the 316K mile rear springs. Anyone running OME 865's here? I don't want a lot of lift, just more load capacity without using air bags.

More pics on the blog I just started, new to that stuff so sorry if the story telling and layout isn't that great, Overloaded Overland - https://overloadedoverland.blogspot.com/ Also made a new IG to separate my personal stuff from my trips and 100 series stuff, Overloaded_Overland on IG.

421F653D-8F0D-44C4-BE8B-FD3FE2BAD327.jpeg

071A5A68-7EAB-4C8A-B766-6CCC5ED5D905.jpeg

0941F319-3423-46DE-9663-EE79700F048E.jpeg

New-ish to me 2000 LC, 287k miles… replaced aftermarket shocks with OEM and man did I get hosed when it came to the “retainers.” Wanted something fun to work on a little and I don’t really off road other than around the farm or hunting paths. We have a tire machine so put on 18’s from a 2006 LC and 275/65/18 Michelin defenders. I’m still trying to get it to that feel of the first 100 series I test drove years ago but I love this forum for research and I’m slowly getting there.

FAF207E8-BF5A-45EF-AE80-3B9CC92AFF2A.jpeg

Whoops. Fixed.

Since getting my car I didn't get to do much till this weekend.

• I took out the ratty cabin filter, vacuumed it out and sprayed Lysol through the hood intake through the system to clean and sanitize it, then I replaced the cabin filter obviously.
  • Installed the Grom bt3 since I need to stream music and the stock Bluetooth calling isn't working. Installing this took all of 5 minutes but over an hour to find a spot for this behind glove compartment, and the abs module above glove is not 100% because of this. Grom really should have a longer cable like USA Spec has to allow for more mounting options.
  • Installed some LEDs in dome lights, door and license plate.
  • Removed the 3rd brake light blank , cleaned it off and then put a good bead of 3m super black weatherstrip adhesive on both blank and chassis. Cleaning off the old adhesive took almost 2 hours, even with googone. Hopefully that will stop the leak in trunk, but will do bubble test later this week and will remove panels to hose down the car hoping to be 100% before I reassemble the rear seats and carpet.
  • Picked up 3rd row seats from PO

we had a club wrench day yesterday & here’s how it went:

My plan: mount & wire lights + rear sway bar rubbers + rear sway bar end links.

What actually happened: on my way to the club I stopped at the gas station. when I got out of the truck I could smell smoke & my drivers side rear wheel had smoke coming through it. Immediately I assume brakes so we pull the tire off(convenient because I was doing other stuff) the caliper piston was oval, not round & ground way down. The pad was ate away & not very even(obviously).

What was done: rear sway bar rubbers, rear sway bar end links, rear calipers, rear pads & topped off rear diff. Maybe these shiny calipers will last another 250k.

During routine weekend inspection I saw a leak at the oil filter area. Took down the dissent skids to take a closer look.
D1ECE588-FC8A-4AB0-8C1F-2701AB1C46F4.jpeg

I recently did an oil and filter change pms so my instinct tells me its from there. Took out the oil filter, cleaned the seal area, this time I made sure I primed the o-ring of the new one. After taking it out for a short drive in the freeway, got home and inspected for leak, nada.

Moral of the story: I honestly think I forgot to prime that leaking oil filter and did not clean the seal area (saw a lot of dirt around it which was probably the culprit).

From 12/28-1/4/23 me and the family drove about 1300 miles up the central valley of Californian then down the eastern side of the Sierras on 395. Visited my parents who live a little north of Sacramento then my aunt and uncle in Gardnerville, NV. Truck did great but it needs a tire balance and an alignment and some better rear springs. Gear for 2 adults and 2 kids for almost 7 days is a little much for the 316K mile rear springs. Anyone running OME 865's here? I don't want a lot of lift, just more load capacity without using air bags.

More pics on the blog I just started, new to that stuff so sorry if the story telling and layout isn't that great, Overloaded Overland - https://overloadedoverland.blogspot.com/ Also made a new IG to separate my personal stuff from my trips and 100 series stuff, Overloaded_Overland on IG.

View attachment 3213015

View attachment 3213016

View attachment 3213017
Beautiful scenery!

I've had 265k miles when I decided to replace rear springs, put an order for original toyota springs that after 3 months waiting it was still back ordered, shipping from abroad was prohibitive as well as the crazy price for oem's, so I went with OME 865's, and added Air lift air bags. It stiffened up the rear a bit and lifted by at least 2.5in from my saggy originals, but settled after a few weeks. It rides OK, still not 100% on the compatibility between the spring rate and the OEM shocks (newly installed too). I'm thinking that a progressive spring might be a better option, but not disappointed either, just thinking out loud.

Maybe try first the air bags anyway? (if the unloaded ride is acceptable in your eyes).. I keep them with 6-8 psi unloaded, and when the family is loaded with a weekend trip load I pump to 15-17 psi using a bicycle pump in a couple of minutes. No leaks from mine for the last 1.5 yrs. Look for the threads on the install, really easy and you can still keep the original springs and save some $$ to use for gas and more amazing travels..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom