MultiFunction Chase Light (MCL) - 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Whether you are leading trail rides in the forest, driving through heavy fog or snow, or cruising down dirt or gravel roads, you are likely lacking one thing-- visibility to fellow drivers.

How about an OEM+ solution to this problem that requires no trimming or drilling, and is as low profile and sleek as possible.

Introducing our Multifunction Chase Light (MCL).

This introductory version of our MCL utilizes three Baja S2 lights for the chase lights on both sides, the camp/utility light in the center, and four Eagle Eye brake lights, maintaining your third brake light functionality.

What you get for the low introductory price of $175 (plus shipping): the raw steel bracket with the 4 Eagle Eye brake lights, stainless steel bolts for the S2 lights and a closed cell neoprene gasket (you source your own Baja Designs S2 lights).

Currently we have 12 more units on the shelf.

Planning on making another metal order, but the last one took a few months to get back, and let me know if you have suggestions, this is a new product, so I’m always wanting to make sure it’s the best it can be!

E369099D-7D48-4E51-896A-ECA9FE85135E.jpeg

025C8C96-9F9D-4A85-85F0-148354C50050.jpeg

AAA2CD32-2C4D-461E-A29D-D7CC52D769FB.jpeg

4CB636A6-A0A1-410C-B5A1-E5C9B27AE915.jpeg

Very neat idea! Thanks for taking the initiative!
Any chance you may consider an aluminum option eventually? Those of us in rust belt are always weary of steel being exposed to elements. Also, not sure about the additional weight it puts on the rear hatch, so may be aluminum would help with that too!

How is this mounted to the vehicle? any drilling required?

Also, is this utilizing existing factory wiring?

It can't be the factory wiring. Stock harness is a two pin plug which provides power when brake pedal is depressed.

It can't be the factory wiring. Stock harness is a two pin plug which provides power when brake pedal is depressed.

Thats what has me questioning. Original post states its a "OEM+ solution to this problem that requires no trimming or drilling".

Very neat idea! Thanks for taking the initiative!
Any chance you may consider an aluminum option eventually? Those of us in rust belt are always weary of steel being exposed to elements. Also, not sure about the additional weight it puts on the rear hatch, so may be aluminum would help with that too!
Eventually I would really like to have an aluminum option, want to dial in the design and make sure the market is there for this product before we sink a bunch of money into a tig machine though.

This mounts using the existing holes and cut out, all you will need to do is run the power and ground wires from whatever switch or controller you want to control the lights from, through the factory wiring loom and behind the trim in the cargo area, fairly easy to route the wiring, and it is as clean as factory.

I also suggest cutting the connector off of your factory 2 wire plug and wiring it in, so you will end up with basically 2 plugs, the factory 2 wire plug to control the brake lights, and another 6 wire DT connector that will control the amber and white lights.

Let me know if you guys would like some pictures, I have a couple of videos walking though how everything is mounted as well, but don’t think I can post those directly on here, so I will upload them to YouTube this evening and link those probably tonight or tomorrow.

This is a great idea. I've been looking for something to mount in place of my 3rd brake light to mount an aftermarket rearview camera (like on the sprinter and transit vans) and this may do the trick. With my spare tire carrier, my backup camera is almost useless and it would be nice having a higher view. Would you be able to making one to hold only 2 s2's on the outside and leaving the center open to mount a camera?

This is a great idea. I've been looking for something to mount in place of my 3rd brake light to mount an aftermarket rearview camera (like on the sprinter and transit vans) and this may do the trick. With my spare tire carrier, my backup camera is almost useless and it would be nice having a higher view. Would you be able to making one to hold only 2 s2's on the outside and leaving the center open to mount a camera?
You are not the first person to ask about a camera mount! There are a ton of different cameras you could potentially mount, so I may have to do a setup with just a blank space between the brake lights, so then depending on your use case, you can drill or use adhesive or whatever best will work with your camera.

If I can get 5+ people looking for a blank center spot, I could do a material run of that style!

That would be awesome. I think leaving it blank would be the way to go as I already have a camera I could use and that's something everyone will have different opinions on. I'll keep checking back here to see if there is anyone interested on that, I'd be in for sure.

Here’s a quick walkthrough of the mounting process and how everything goes together.

Sweet! I really like this mount. Sadly this won't work with my rear spoiler in place. Perhaps, this will motivate me to get rid of the spoiler and use this mount instead!
Also, any thoughts on camera integration on your next design iteration?

Sweet! I really like this mount. Sadly this won't work with my rear spoiler in place. Perhaps, this will motivate me to get rid of the spoiler and use this mount instead!
Also, any thoughts on camera integration on your next design iteration?
I'm working on a replacement spoiler that will have all of the same functionality as the MCL, but will be welded, rather than the cheap brittle plastic that came from factory!

I think if I can get enough people who are interested, I'd do a run of 5 or 10 units that have a blank center section rather than the middle Baja S2 light, and that would allow you to modify the housing however you needed to mount your camera up top.

We've got 8 more units available for the 3 light setup!

Here are some other suggestions, feel free to use any of these ideas you may like:
1. Have an aluminum option (better rust avoidance)
2. Create an option to mount a camera there. Perhaps pick an inexpensive camera from Amazon to allow flush mounting. Ideally the camera would be house inside and not on the top of the housing.
3. Have nipple mount to install a standard Toyota rear window washer nozzle. This can be tapped into the rear washer line - will be especially nifty for keeping the camera clean!!

What a great solution to add more light. I just DM'd you to order one!

I am thinking I could 3D print a spacer for the middle spot to relocate my rear back up camera.

This looks like it will fit and is a dual camera system for the middle port based on the Baja S2 foot print

@KCoverland I managed to destroy my rear wing and now wondering if you made any progress on your idea of designing a rear spoiler with chase lights built in ?
I'm working on a replacement spoiler that will have all of the same functionality as the MCL, but will be welded, rather than the cheap brittle plastic that came from factory!

I think if I can get enough people who are interested, I'd do a run of 5 or 10 units that have a blank center section rather than the middle Baja S2 light, and that would allow you to modify the housing however you needed to mount your camera up top.

We've got 8 more units available for the 3 light setup!

I ordered the camera back in June but it’s appears to be backordered. I asked the manufacturer for an ETA but haven’t heard back yet :(.

I have my Baja S2 ambers installed in the MCL and now just waiting for the camera to do the installation. I guess I could run the video and power cable through above the headliner in the interim.

This looks like it will fit and is a dual camera system for the middle port based on the Baja S2 foot print

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom