What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brake booster

Any symptoms leading up to it? ive got 240k on mine and its never been replaced. I rather do it preventatively vs having a failure on the road.

No symptoms, but I got the notification* well before actual brake failure occurred. To be honest, I got two warnings. I just didn't believe the first one because I got it second hand from a mechanic that was working on the AHC. Now in my defense, the battery got run down to zero so I thought it was the usual low battery Christmas tree. Once I had the battery on the charger all the lights went away.

Halfway home for lunch and I got the notification again and made it back to the shop without any failure.

Definitely something for people in the mileage band to prepare for, @ClassyJalopy , agreed.

* If you can call a half dozen lights and incessant SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE a notification.

Unfortunately my answer to that won't be useful -- it was a warranty repair. I bought the ultra golden extended platinum diamond encrusted warranty when I bought the truck, since I already knew the AHC needed doing.

Unfortunately my answer to that won't be useful -- it was a warranty repair. I bought the ultra golden extended platinum diamond encrusted warranty when I bought the truck, since I already knew the AHC needed doing.
I can only imagine your smug face :lol:

Man after my own heart, i recently took advantage of Firestone's lifetime wheel alignment warranty.....for the 3rd time, I'm thinking about a little tire decal to put on the fender to commemorate each one received under warranty

I am literally the only guy asking their service advisor, "Are you sure there's nothing else wrong with it? Nothing that needs replacing?"
Look for oil seepage from the valve cover, or grease seepage from the CV axles - both pretty common issues.

Finished installing my Dissent front bumper, harbor freight 12k winch and Diode Dynamics SS3 fogs. Nothing really to add on install that hasn't been said before (Quality/one man job), took apart control box and mounted the innards next to the filter box (thanks to @TheRealPoser)

On DD fogs had to buy front mounting bezel since there's no way to attach to the inside of the bumper. Also had to trim top & bottom of light panel (triangle plate) for them to fit flush.
BTW the fogs (max version) give out a ton of light, brighter then the LED low beams.

20221209_114254.jpg

20221209_114308.jpg

20221209_114349.jpg

20221209_114410.jpg

Could also check behind the flex plate to get an idea if the rear main seal needs replacing since pretty much all of them will start leaking eventually due to age.
and slide one of the steering rack boots off and see if there is oil - you might be ready for a new steering rack!

and slide one of the steering rack boots off and see if there is oil - you might be ready for a new steering rack!
Oil? I assumed it would be power steering fluid that leaked out. I ask because I have been chasing what I though was an oil leak, but it only shows up on the drivers side rack boot. I can't find oil any higher up than that, and it is definitely oil (golden in color) and not red steering fluid.

Oil? I assumed it would be power steering fluid that leaked out. I ask because I have been chasing what I though was an oil leak, but it only shows up on the drivers side rack boot. I can't find oil any higher up than that, and it is definitely oil (golden in color) and not red steering fluid.
I meant steering fluid, which is the red ATF

Swapped out oem torsion bars for Ironman bars, front diff arm(with bushing) & rear diff skid

So I broke down and bought an OEM fuel tank skid that arrived today. So after replacing all the fuel lines and fuel tank, it's time to wrap up the project. I'll probably post a brief thread on adding oem skid plus an asfir fuel tank skid and share some pics of this mini project. I was happy to see the new skid came with the inner rubber pads.

AE70DAEB-0246-4F88-8FCE-4321E43FF5C7.jpeg

Last edited:
Dropped in the new Sony radio.
Scratch and dent from Crutchfield.

Repurposed ash try for a USB cable.

20221210_121324.jpg
IMG2197404243192181629.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom