What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (55 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It’s been a busy week since I returned from MI. Heading to CO the end of the week and several thing need attention all at once. The fan bracket bearing failed prompting a timing belt job. PO did a cheapo version and everything was ready to be changed. I’m just grateful I made it home. Repacked wheel bearings. I also got the transfer case out to replace the seals. Not fun and I’m not looking forward to putting it back in, but I need to finish it up tomorrow.

8438840D-1E1E-49F6-B72C-D66B3492D4E8.jpeg

It is very satisfying to start it up and hear it purr. Thanks @OTRAMM for a great video series.

4xs. Well, 3. I had to return one. Waiting for a new one again. Just hopping it won't be six more weeks of rain inside my door as I wait. I taped it up so as to mitigate the inevitable electrical gremlins :alien:.

IMG_0644[1].JPG

IMG_0642[1].JPG

IMG_0648[1].JPG

IMG_0661[2].JPG

Today I chopped up my rear bumper with mixed results… I think. Because of my hitch receiver tire carrier it was a real struggle to access the hitch pin and with my up coming RV trip I don’t know if I will have enough clearance to run the tire carrier with the trailer so this is the result.

I’m gonna order up some bumper trim to hide the hack of a job I did cutting straight lines and curves. Cutting this bumper material is a huge pain because it melts and flings scorching hot shards of burning rubber everywhere.

B8AEB071-9F5A-4571-8BDB-8E4666C95322.jpeg

White Knuckle to the rescue. A little primer, paint, and some u bolts. Don’t forget about the brake lines on the inside of the driver side frame.

F4595772-8D99-44DC-91F1-E1CFD3880C26.jpeg

81E550AC-3718-4D80-8AAB-C5F6B73EAFC9.jpeg

B1E44AD6-5335-4AFC-933F-F67A0DECBEC9.jpeg

Today I chopped up my rear bumper with mixed results… I think. Because of my hitch receiver tire carrier it was a real struggle to access the hitch pin and with my up coming RV trip I don’t know if I will have enough clearance to run the tire carrier with the trailer so this is the result.

I’m gonna order up some bumper trim to hide the hack of a job I did cutting straight lines and curves. Cutting this bumper material is a huge pain because it melts and flings scorching hot shards of burning rubber everywhere.

View attachment 3061838

5FBA8960-C1D5-4B12-BA5F-9A17D41D8532.jpeg

Installed and carpeted an Air Down Gear Up premier package in the LX.

1D047248-47F4-4F4B-9E6E-EF0D23FB22EC.jpeg

7455AECF-82BA-471D-8D0A-C00003BA4189.jpeg

View attachment 3061838
What receiver do you have for that cutout in the stock bumper? Need to buy one..

I replaced the front output shaft seal in the transfer case and got it back in with the help of my son, some creative jacking and a whole heap of God’s blessing. Just plane ran out of time to do the rear, but it’s not leaking (yet) and you can do that one on the truck.

That was not fun…
But now I own a press…
And how on earth have I gone this long without a locking ring pliers. I could have saved lots of cuss words if I knew about them and spent the $15 years ago.

After I turn off the Diff Lock my VSC lights remain on. The only thing I found that works to get them to turn off is turn key off and restart. This is on a 2000 LC. Am I doing something wrong? Hoping this is something simple like a fuse.

C071C299-3DEE-4439-AB1D-CDCD17BC7E91.jpeg

After I turn off the Diff Lock my VSC lights remain on. The only thing I found that works to get them to turn off is turn key off and restart. This is on a 2000 LC. Am I doing something wrong? Hoping this is something simple like a fuse.

View attachment 3062260
A couple of thoughts: Have you run an OBD II scan to see if there are any codes? Also, if there is a TRAC button try pressing that to see if that turns off the lights. The most likely scenario is probably a code of some sort. Any number of things can activate those warning lights. You could also pull the negative battery cable for 20+ minutes and reset the entire vehicle. But I would try to find a solution/code before doing that.

View attachment 3062260
Mine does the same thing

I replaced the front output shaft seal in the transfer case and got it back in with the help of my son, some creative jacking and a whole heap of God’s blessing. Just plane ran out of time to do the rear, but it’s not leaking (yet) and you can do that one on the truck.

That was not fun…
But now I own a press…
And how on earth have I gone this long without a locking ring pliers. I could have saved lots of cuss words if I knew about them and spent the $15 years ago.
With this under your belt, do you think dropping the transfer case is necessary for just the output seals?

View attachment 3062260
This happens to me intermittently as well. I believe the computer is losing the signal to the diff lock switch which trips it. I’ve noticed no loss of functionality on the trail (ATRAC still works) so I stopped worrying about it.

With this under your belt, do you think dropping the transfer case is necessary for just the output seals?
Well, I would definitely recommend trying AT-205 first. I did and that bought me 18 months, until my MI trip, where I must have gotten some debris in there in a water crossing. There was a cut on the seal.

Unfortunately there is no other way to replace the front seal without dropping the transfer case. The housing won’t clear the transmission pan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom