What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (52 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally applied the 3M vinyl wrap to the door molding.

Before:
1.jpeg

After:
2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

Getting ready to throw a match is where I'm at this week. After 6 years of adventuring I decided it was time for some upgrades. Heavier springs,extended links,replace the OME shocks with Dobinson and new Trail Tailor UCAs...well. Both rear calipers frozen, parking brake bellcranks packed with sand and corroded to non existence, every single sway bar bolt broke off as well as several others. Rear shocks had to be cut off.
Ok, just order parts and move on to the front while I wait.....well. knuckle will not release from lbj despite all my " persuasion". UCA bolts fused to bushing and won't budge. All ball joints are completely trashed. Both cv joint boots ripped and look to have been smoked for some time. To top it off,we have a Colorado trip in 2 months and I work 10 hr days 7 days a week. 😱

20220528_095936.jpg

20220529_174322.jpg

20220529_105559.jpg

Getting ready to throw a match is where I'm at this week. After 6 years of adventuring I decided it was time for some upgrades. Heavier springs,extended links,replace the OME shocks with Dobinson and new Trail Tailor UCAs...well. Both rear calipers frozen, parking brake bellcranks packed with sand and corroded to non existence, every single sway bar bolt broke off as well as several others. Rear shocks had to be cut off.
Ok, just order parts and move on to the front while I wait.....well. knuckle will not release from lbj despite all my " persuasion". UCA bolts fused to bushing and won't budge. All ball joints are completely trashed. Both cv joint boots ripped and look to have been smoked for some time. To top it off,we have a Colorado trip in 2 months and I work 10 hr days 7 days a week. 😱

View attachment 3021280

View attachment 3021294

View attachment 3021295
Just imagine how good it’s going to feel when you get her all back together? Sorry man, I feel your pain. I grew up in the rust belt and learned to turn wrenches there. Never again.

Rubbing was mostly on the washer bottle, removing the cover helped but it would still hit occasionally.
Still stock bumpers. The front stretches okay, the rear does not and looks kinda stupid. All the more reason to get proper steel bumpers sooner.
I don't have proper pics yet but it looks pretty righteous in AHC hi 😁

View attachment 3020390

Looks great!

Do you have the Japan 4x4 spacers? I wonder if those would trade some up travel for some down and keep you from rubbing the bottle.

Looks great!

Do you have the Japan 4x4 spacers? I wonder if those would trade some up travel for some down and keep you from rubbing the bottle.
I do not have the AHC spacers, my sensor lift isn't actually that much, maybe 1" in normal use. High is pretty high though haha

Reactions: GTV

View attachment 3021280

View attachment 3021294

View attachment 3021295

Where about in WI are you? Perhaps there is a shop near you that you could outsource some of the simpler stuff? Brakes and control arms on these trucks are not special at all and any joe blow can do a decent job.

Went In for a rotation and found a screw in my BF Goodrich AT k02’s (unrepairable), so had to get 4 new tires on the fly instead of having mismatched tires (I was going to get new ones soon anyway). My only option I could get that day in stock were hankook dynapro AT2 Extreme’s. I was traveling the next day so limited time and options. Installed 285/75 16’s. I will say the ride was smoother which was nice for the journey. They are not as aggressive but will be fine for the trails. Happy so far!

AA0587D1-1C4F-4BBB-9308-0FE625541E23.jpeg

7811AFDE-72CC-4313-9056-3C2B8AF4C41D.jpeg

E81FB3B1-3414-4694-A1B4-6452BB16510C.jpeg

Where about in WI are you? Perhaps there is a shop near you that you could outsource some of the simpler stuff? Brakes and control arms on these trucks are not special at all and any joe blow can do a decent job.

Near the Horicon Marsh. Unfortunately I was born pretty,not rich. Besides which I have an aversion to subbing out work that borders on pathological. Not always to my wife's delight. Once spent 3 days studying about then repairing a Bosch boiler in January while the family huddled around the woodstove.

Near the Horicon Marsh. Unfortunately I was born pretty,not rich. Besides which I have an aversion to subbing out work that borders on pathological. Not always to my wife's delight. Once spent 3 days studying about then repairing a Bosch boiler in January while the family huddled around the woodstove.
Count your blessings my man. Some of us weren't even born pretty ;)

Went In for a rotation and found a screw in my BF Goodrich AT k02’s (unrepairable), so had to get 4 new tires on the fly instead of having mismatched tires (I was going to get new ones soon anyway). My only option I could get that day in stock were hankook dynapro AT2 Extreme’s. I was traveling the next day so limited time and options. Installed 285/75 16’s. I will say the ride was smoother which was nice for the journey. They are not as aggressive but will be fine for the trails. Happy so far!

View attachment 3022203

View attachment 3022204

View attachment 3022205
I installed those tires on an old Jeep pickup about 6 months ago and have been rather impressed with them! I look forward to hearing a long term review from you about the tires on the 100.

Iv

View attachment 3022203

View attachment 3022204

View attachment 3022205
I’ve run those tires on several vehicles and been really satisfied with them. Great tire for the $.

20220601_194556.jpg

Tacoma is out, cruiser back in its stable preparing for summer service..

I think I'm ready to run a little less offset, does anyone know of someone in the Denver area that they would recommend to rebarrel some wheels?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom