What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (71 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Before/After picts.
I just put on my TRD wheels with 275/70 R18 General Grabber A/TX SL tires, no spacers. They look great, fit well, smooth, solid feeling and taller by 3.5 inches! Not using a spacer, which if I had it, it would allow for the center cap to be put on the front.
Now I gotta figure out where to put the spare...it doesn't fit in the spare spot under the rig due to the Draw-Tite hitch.

View attachment 3016840

View attachment 3016841

View attachment 3016842

View attachment 3016843
Nice. Those General ATXs are on my short list for swapping onto the 200-series wheels I've had knocking around my garage for months. I've had great luck with various General Tire products over the years- little bit cheaper, less of a "name" thing than some others, but they usually last a long time and run out great.

713924E6-FEEC-44BA-98B8-3AF6FD24E526.jpeg

Front dissent aluminum bumper parts received its alu-specific primer coating yesterday, waiting for 2k polyurethane base and clear coat to cure today.

Since I’m getting the truck ready for GSMTR in a few weeks and will be gone for a lot of the time between now and then… went on today and mounted this wits end extinguisher mounting plate thingy up. I needed to adjust a few holes for the mounting plate this little extinguisher came with, to get it to the orientation I wanted, but aside from that (expected) detail it was super easy.

They said “unspeakable horror edition” because this was a blem, apparently, but said blemish in my case was super, super minor. Just a little bit of powdercoat that’s scarred up along an edge. But- for this? Absolutely nbd. I’m probably going to add a Velcro strip as a second retention strap, and some kind of rubber band or something to hold the pin and squeeze handle solid so it doesn’t rattle, but can still be accessed if needed.

But that was my afternoon. I think I like where it is and don’t really mind it taking up that unused space under my knees. Handle to the inside keeps it from snagging a pants leg, etc.

And for the record- this is 100% just in case/ hope I never need it/ etc, but it seems… prudent as all these trucks get older.
352B819F-C572-4520-A1E4-65A7D6441CF5.jpeg

754D54B7-FCDD-4D23-BAA7-4ABF471A81A8.jpeg

80FC265F-5EA3-445D-95A9-28B5EF8D16F6.jpeg

Last edited:
Made a simple catalytic converter "shield" from a cheap ¹/⁸ inch steel sheet i found on ebay for $56. Cut it to 17" x 40". I drilled and tapped four 1/4 x 20 threads into the cross member (2) , and into the frame in the front (2). Made 4 wood spacers (3/4" thick). Used blue loctite. Now i just need to only attract lazy thiefs that didn't bring a socket wrench.

20220527_154757.jpg

20220527_153849.jpg

Sliders look good. I’m been toying with the idea of getting some sliders custom made some so much is out of stock right now, but I’m concerned with the quality from someone who has never made them for our rigs before.
Obviously, I can’t speak for the random fabrication shop, but sliders are one of the more straightforward fabrication jobs. Our rigs require some finessing due to AHC lines (if you still have functional AHC), but the project is not that bad. I’d go to a local fab shop and ask the question.

So how hard did it steer essentially without power steering? I’m guessing the reservoir was dry as well and the pump must have been screaming. That looks really dry.
It was tough to steer! I had a post back in late November about it (#31,857). I bought a bottle of fluid, topped it off, drove it home 120 miles and it’s been parked since…been waiting for parts since March. Plus, I live at 6500’, it stays cold here.

Last edited:
Got a couple more hours in the garage tonight (1st day of summer vacation!). Out came the fan, timing belt covers, steering pump, serpentine, alternator, tensioner, thermostat, various hoses, and radiator. Couldn’t believe how clogged it was! Daunting, but making the steering rack look a LOT easier.

EF421914-1CAF-4FD2-8806-A63FA4616D29.jpeg

B0F9B981-66FA-4E1C-A061-8FE7E434C49C.jpeg

BCEB543D-5F99-4B02-AF38-C6B4981CDB97.jpeg

649A5490-17F2-4FF5-8A84-F31E61581248.jpeg

B03998DD-DC11-4DA7-99F9-D291508BDEFA.jpeg

Post some new pics with the body lift! I’d be curious to see pics of where it rubs as well.

What did you do with the stock bumpers?
Rubbing was mostly on the washer bottle, removing the cover helped but it would still hit occasionally.
Still stock bumpers. The front stretches okay, the rear does not and looks kinda stupid. All the more reason to get proper steel bumpers sooner.
I don't have proper pics yet but it looks pretty righteous in AHC hi 😁

20220528_231240_HDR_(1).jpg

I just had a shop change my radiator and use universal yellow coolant while it originally had Toyota red in it. I’m not sure they did a full flush.

What risks am I running here?
None, universal gold coolants used by repair shops can be mixed with any oe coolant.

You da man @UTadventures - 57 is tough even if I'm trying to save $.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom