What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (61 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Haven't done much except drive her lately. My youngest daughter and I took a 2000 mile road trip to Duluth for my brothers college graduation and then on to Grand Marais, Minnesota. We took a nice hike to Devils Kettle Falls in Judge C.R. Magney State Park, but it was otherwise a lowkey family hangout trip. The LX ran great and I averaged 19.1 mpg over the coarse of the trip.

View attachment 3015115
Downtown Grand Marais

View attachment 3015117
View attachment 3015118
Duluth a s Grand Marais area is one of my favorite places in all of Midwest!
19.1 mpg is just not believable man! How did you measure the mpg?

Duluth a s Grand Marais area is one of my favorite places in all of Midwest!
19.1 mpg is just not believable man! How did you measure the mpg?
Miles driven divided by gallons pumped

Ceramic clear film on the windshield this weekend. Made a very noticeable difference- much more comfortable.
This is hands down, my favorite mod I've done to to my 100! I rode in my brother in law's LX without ceramic film on the windshield and thought I was being cooked like a hot pocket.

Does Ceramic help protect against chips? I have a big crack that runs the length of the windshield and picked another chip last month. I'm afraid to install a new windshield knowing it will only be a matter of time before it happens again.

I had a local shop do it.

This is hands down, my favorite mod I've done to to my 100! I rode in my brother in law's LX without ceramic film on the windshield and thought I was being cooked like a hot pocket.

True, I have a clear ceramic tint on the windshield and two front windows of the LX and it’s perfect for what I need, unobstructed unadulterated view of the great views during road trips and when exploring. The sunglasses take care of the glare.

IDK if anyones replaced their fog light bulbs recently on the Ironman 4x4 bumper but HOLY CRAP... I would rather replace axles. :bang: :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Does Ceramic help protect against chips? I have a big crack that runs the length of the windshield and picked another chip last month. I'm afraid to install a new windshield knowing it will only be a matter of time before it happens again.
No, it is on the inside. It’s also a bit pricey ($175) so you wouldn’t want it exposed to the elements.

No, it is on the inside. It’s also a bit pricey ($175) so you wouldn’t want it exposed to the elements.
Ahh yes. To reduce glare.

I wish I could do that. PA doesn’t allow anything on the windshield to pass inspection. I always thought, if it’s clear how can they tell? But no shop would put it on.

Spent a few days after work replacing the leather cover on a steering wheel I had pulled at a junkyard. The leather that came on the wheel wasn't in the worst shape, but I stripped it down to the bare rubber core anyway. Used the Loncky kit with the intention that this would be a temporary one while I get my original professionally done. I was really surprised with how well it turned out so we have decided to run with this for the time being to see how it holds up. It was very tedious, but I wanted to give it a try. The color different between it and the OEM is close and not perfect, but I honestly stopped noticing it after the second day.

Steering Wheel.jpg

How’s it feel with the new rubber
Feels great. Planted on the road, no clunks in the driveline or the harsh front end clunk from the lower control arm bushings being worn out. #2 LCA bushing was a pain but worth it in the long run.

I wish I could do that. PA doesn’t allow anything on the windshield to pass inspection. I always thought, if it’s clear how can they tell? But no shop would put it on.
It's technically illegal to have anything on the windshield below the glare strip marks in Kansas. A shop will tell you this and then install any film you want. Luckily we don't have inspections, but some municipalities really focus on ticketing folks with illegal tint (typically dark tint on the side windows is their honey hole). Since ceramic film is mostly clear from the outside of the vehicle, it looks original. A passerby might notice a bit more 'rainbow' effect front your windshield with ceramic film on it. From the inside you can see where it has been cut around the review mirror.

I put ceramic film on both front side windows and the windshield. It reduced the solar heat load dramatically. Even in +100 degree heat I rarely need to use the AC on high.

Without ceramic
1653316692852.png

With ceramic
1653316722496.png

Before/After picts.
I just put on my TRD wheels with 275/70 R18 General Grabber A/TX SL tires, no spacers. They look great, fit well, smooth, solid feeling and taller by 3.5 inches! Not using a spacer, which if I had it, it would allow for the center cap to be put on the front.
Now I gotta figure out where to put the spare...it doesn't fit in the spare spot under the rig due to the Draw-Tite hitch.

20220523_103532.jpg

20220523_103539.jpg

20220523_155525.jpg

20220523_105934.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom